• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
32736636_m_zps98f612e3.png

is was .... o.O, i like this xD

i will pick chespin or Fennekin (Fokko) then XD is sooo cute and cool, gen VI starter is more cute than gen V XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What is Chespin? I mean, what EXACTLY is it? I can't tell. ._.

It's a... cute chipmunk/squirrel creature. :3 MADE OF LEAVES. But idk if it's meant to go any deeper than that.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Chespin looks very similar to Oshawatt (Which I hate), I'll just have to wait to see what the final form looks like. Same goes for Froakie, if the final evolution looks amazingly awesome, I shall pick Froakie. Otherwise, Fennekin is my choice, it's a beauty, reminds me of a more female and seductive version of Vulpix. I love foxes!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's a... cute chipmunk/squirrel creature. :3 MADE OF LEAVES. But idk if it's meant to go any deeper than that.
It looks to me like a mole with a grassy hat. Or somesuch. Hence why Grass/Ground was my type guess for subtyping in the future evolution(s). Remember Excadrill? Evolved from a mole covered in armor, Ground/Steel.

Cyclone

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
What is Chespin? I mean, what EXACTLY is it? I can't tell. ._.

It's possible the first half of Chespin's Japanese name (Harimaron) comes from the Japanese word for hedgehog (Harinezumi), so I'd say it could be that. However, it doesn't really look like one to me, but maybe it'll evolve into a hedgehog-like Pokemon? That'd make more grassy hedgehogs, but hey, I'm not complaining; hedgehogs are awesome :3b

As for the other two, I doubt Fennekin will turn into a kyuubi since we've already got Ninetales, though I think there are other mythical fox youkai out there so maybe it can be one of those? As for Froakie, I honestly have no idea XD; Just something that doesn't look like Seismitoad ><;

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ahhhhh, sweet speculation :)

32733838_m_zps5a1b7c18.jpg
IF Chespin ends up looking somewhat like that I'm definitely picking cause that looks badass.

Or if it looks like this one.
Spoiler:

The fakemon Fennekin evo looks sweet too and if these were real I could end up having a hard time choosing again. XD

The more I look at Chespin the better it looks. A grass starter has never looked this cute.
Spoiler:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The more I look at Chespin the better it looks. A grass starter has never looked this cute.
Spoiler:
Must...maintain...Fire...focus...

...wait, the acorn is for me? Thank you...but I'm still choosing Fennekin.

*gets slashed with Leaf Blade*

Hey! I didn't mean it THAT way!

Cyclone

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
At this point I can't decide. I am between Chespin and Froakie, but at the end of the day I will base it on the line as a whole. Since last gen I was a fan of Snivy until I saw the entire line and then just have not cared for it since well Serperior at least...

They look better as a whole then Gen V, but only time will tell.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
I don't know if anybody has already said this or not but I have a theory about Fennekin's name:

Fennec + Kinesis

So, I think it will be a Fire/Psychic type.

Anyway, I'm choosing Chespin, just because I always go with Grass starters (except in G/S/C).

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
I don't know if anybody has already said this or not but I have a theory about Fennekin's name:

Fennec + Kinesis

So, I think it will be a Fire/Psychic type.

Anyway, I'm choosing Chespin, just because I always go with Grass starters (except in G/S/C).
Or kindle, a fire term meaning to start a fire.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I don't like how the new starters look. I typically pick fire types as my starter anyways, so most likely I would choose Fennekin.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
There really isn't much to say about them. The designs seem rushed and both the fire and water starters seem to have had their features stretched to a degree in which it they are no longer eye appealing. Besides, is it just me or that Fire fox looks kind of like Zorua? :/

For the first time after 5 generations of pokemon, I think I'll choose the water starter over the fire, even though it looks like we'll finally be able to have a fire / psychic instead of a fire / fighting (though I honestly have no trouble with those).

Also, I think Gen VI was a bit too rushed, players were still complaining about the desings of some Gen V pokemon *cough*Vanillite*cough* when they came up with some new ones.

I wished they'd actually take the time to go over some fan made videos and fanarts for the so expected Gen VI, there are some really good designs there they could have used.

Still, we are still on the wait to discover the new pokemon, so I hope the designs are interesting or at least original enough to shut me up for good. In the mean time, I'll keep complaining ¬¬

Years
Seems like every one in this hack I see is using the avatar of that 6th gen fire starter. starting to think who they will choose to play from when 6th gen arrives.:D
I personally like Chespin a lot due to its 50% cuteness level and 50% battle hungry nature

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm really hoping their final evolutions make sense to the rest of the line. I don't want something like this happening again:
Spr_5b_501.png
>
Spr_5b_502.png
>
Spr_5b_503.png

?????????

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

tnfsf11

I hope the starters are dual-type, I always wished for a part-psychic Pokemon starter, if Froakie was part-psychic I'd choose it right away despite its ugliness!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm really hoping their final evolutions make sense to the rest of the line. I don't want something like this happening again:
Spr_5b_501.png
>
Spr_5b_502.png
>
Spr_5b_503.png

?????????

I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Better attack power by standing on all fours???

Cyclone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back