The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Old December 18th, 2012 (04:37 PM). Edited January 13th, 2013 by UtopiaRay.
UtopiaRay
Pokemon Champion

Hi Pokecommunity!
My name is UtopiaRay and I am a new member here and I will like to present my Hack Pokemon PurpleRose!

Story:
You play as a boy named Marvin who moves to the region of Emilia,Marvin starts out in Petal Village a new trainer who didn't know that much about Pokemon.He meets new friends in Petal Village, Anthony who lives in Kanto but came over to Emilia for more training and Arielle who lives in the neighborhood. Marvin, who likes a TV Show called Cardfight Vanguard is exited to see the stars of the show travelling to Emilia. Marvin is now eager to see these guys and challenge them. During this time an evil threat called the Red Nova's started taking over Emilia's Capital Cites, they were rumored to be the strongest Pokemon trainers in the world, and they plan to take over the Region of Emilia and claim it as their own! Emilia Police tried their best to take down the Red Nova's but they failed. Marvin along with the help of his friends they will set out on one of the hardest Journeys in Pokemon History.

Screenshots:

Credits:
Project Marnian Region Tileset : By WesleyFG
Old Tiles And New Tileset: By Kyledove
Koder Complication Tileset: By Koder
Tilesets From W.A.H: Peyi,Javs,Zein,Cope
FR-DP Text Patch - diegoisawesome
Animation Code - altariaking
Main Character Sprite - Me
Nintendo: Sprites
Day and Night System: By Mastermind X
Tool Makers (Without them this hack wouldn't be possible!)

Downloads:
None YET

Notes:
Anyone who is willing to team up with me and help me in this hack is accepted! This is the first time I ever posted a hack and I really want some help on this to make his hack really "strong", For people who like to play this Rom Hack! It's greatly appreciated!
Old December 19th, 2012 (08:09 AM).
Leafgreen2itsmyidea
Pokémon Master

Nature: Careful
Goed heck, I Laik tie tails but not al of dem,Som of thi graficks ar not goed
storilain loeks goed
(iam stil leurning englisch)

[/sig-reason]
Old December 19th, 2012 (09:12 AM).
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

Nature: Brave
Personally I dont like the look of the character. You could also improve the mapping. The story sounds a bit usual. Still looking forward to play this.

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Old December 19th, 2012 (09:13 AM).
Edward Newgate
Everyone is a child of the sea
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I like the idea of this hack, and the screenshots look promising !

Keep up the work!
and if you need someone to help with the storyline, I can assist you. I can't help you with mapping though as I'm pretty busy :$
- Munna
- Duosion
- Espurr
Send me a message if you add me, then I will add you too
Old December 19th, 2012 (05:45 PM).
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
The graphics are nice thou the trees are not really nice and the grass (Grass, not Bush.) needs to be recolored. The OW also lacks abit of shadowing. How bout adding 3 shades of blue to the hair instead of 2? The rest are fine, you should add more details to the storyline. Overall, I'll give it a 7/10. Good luck!
Old December 20th, 2012 (12:04 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
The bar looks... pink o.O
By the way, from looking at the second picture for a bit, my eyes started to hurt... it seems to be too light and trees kinda don't look natural imo...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old December 20th, 2012 (01:47 PM).
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
I agree with the rest. The hair and the battle bar once it shows options of the Pokemon, it's too bright and they don't blend. I prefer working on a few other things despite those things I mentioned.
Old December 22nd, 2012 (01:55 AM).
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
The storyline is errr... well to plain. I want to know more since I can't tell anything based on the screens. The hp bars and textbox are too pink-purple and very bright. Same with the grass/tree palette. You should change it a bit.. And for the mapping, it needs improvement. On the first screen, the houses are too close to each other. Not much room for movement. And on the other screens , they are to empty. Based on the 5th screen, I think that the Pokecenter and Pokemart are the same building but recolored which is not really a good idea. Its better if you just combine both like in B/2. And the water. You put too much water that shows off the reflection. The heroes overworld looks cool. Well, that's pretty much it. I wish you the best of luck on this hack

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old December 22nd, 2012 (05:51 AM). Edited December 22nd, 2012 by DrFuji.
UtopiaRay
Pokemon Champion

I will try to improve this, and i find that the Pink is a "Shocking" Colour, also with the maps i will try my best to improve that too. I will be changing a bunch of stuff and get some new screenshots out there.

On the backsprite of the main character, the hair originally had 4 shades of blue, but when i decreased the colour depth on irfanview it made it two shades, i will try to Improve it a bit and its appearance overall.
Old December 23rd, 2012 (05:50 PM).
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Maybe you should change main hero's OW shirt because it doesn't blend well. Anyway, good luck.
Old December 25th, 2012 (10:04 AM).
UtopiaRay
Pokemon Champion

New Screenshots!
Old January 9th, 2013 (11:03 PM).
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
Looks awesome, keep up the awesome work!

Old January 10th, 2013 (02:56 PM).
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
That Pokemon Center looks too empty. Try insertin tables
Old January 12th, 2013 (03:40 PM).
Piplup - Hacker
Scripter

Some of the tiles look a bit too boxy, especially the round tree. This storyline could also use some improvement, or atleast more details. Include things about the evil people, what they do and why. Also, what made you and your friends want to take down evil? Did something happen to you and your friends personally?
A list of features would be helpful as well.

Coming soon...
Old January 13th, 2013 (12:03 AM).
mikethepokemaster

Nature: Jolly
ii like itt and hope you continue.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links