The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think there'll be plenty of new TMs, mainly new moves and stuff as well the old ones from Generation V. I'm guessing that they're going to have over 200 TMs in total.

And I think they'll have unlimited uses of them as well.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
You know, I could see the number of TMs increasing. Maybe not too much though. Maybe we'll finally hit 100, but I don't see there being more than that.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:18 AM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I hope there are new moves but not too many and I do hope they're reusable, I say more Dark type moves (I've been saying alot about dark-types on this forum, I just feel we need more idk why, but it looking like France to me makes me think Dark-types. xD)
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

I don't really care about what moves will become/remain a TM, I just hope that the good ones like Ice Beam/Blizzard, Thunder/Thunderbolt etc, will stay one. But most of all, I wish for the unlimited used to stay. In the past generations, I never really used a TM... partially out of fear that I'd regret it once I found a stronger/better Pokémon that needed it more than the one I just thought it to. In BW I could finally start teaching some of my favourite moves without worrying about that. I also wouldn't mind if HMs would become forgetable. >_>

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:31 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
Idc about it,really,
I would like too see the no. of TMs over 100 though.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
You know, I could see the number of TMs increasing. Maybe not too much though. Maybe we'll finally hit 100, but I don't see there being more than that.
Yeah with over 700 Pokemon, having TMs around 100 would make sense, although logically with 700 mons it would be higher. XD;
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:17 AM
piefara
human

Bring back double-Edge! Iv had to transfer from gen. III to gen.V.5 (b2) and breed just so my crazy suicide pidgeot (double-edge, brave bird fly and hurricane) can be at its full potential oh and now i think about it brave bird 2 for pokemon that deserve it (like SKARMORY)
Old January 28th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I found reusable TMs to be incredibly convenient, but it also made the games WAYYYY too easy, which was something that didn't do Gen V justice, because I found the games to be really easy regardless. I would prefer that they weren't reusable in this generation.
Old January 28th, 2013, 02:48 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

It was too easy...maybe they could limit it to once a day or maybe even a weak for it to "reboot" itself, that'll make it slightly more difficult though also a bit annoying.

I see the number hitting 120, hopefully they'll be more useful than gen V's which had the worsest selection imo.
Old January 28th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
It was too easy...maybe they could limit it to once a day or maybe even a weak for it to "reboot" itself, that'll make it slightly more difficult though also a bit annoying.

I see the number hitting 120, hopefully they'll be more useful than gen V's which had the worsest selection imo.
That would be quite annoying. I'd prefer it if TMs were to be kept reusable this gen specifically because of how convenient it was. However, if they have to take a step back to increase the difficulty of them, then I wouldn't want it to become too complex. I'd rather it go back to being temporary if that were the case.
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post

Rebooting sounds annoying. ;( Buuut once a day does seem a little fairer than a week given that after a point most players don't replay the games every single day and they just move on, so the waiting time would be a lot less after, but that isn't really that... helpful compared to how it is now.

Sponsored Links