• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y: Released EVERYWHERE October 2013.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
...about why they're able to get the games released at the same time in all areas.

Me and a friend theorized it's because they only had to make 3D models for the new generation. The models in Pokedex 3D Pro are what they're using in X/Y! So they've had months to work on the models XD

1. Lol Nope
2. They are Using Cel-Shaded Models in X and Y not the Ones in the Pokedex 3D
They Would Have been working on X and Y long before Pokedex 3D Came Out

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I am absolutely amazed about how it's going to be released worldwide on the same month, I was like "wow really? Same month as Japan? This is brilliant!" xD

I'm so glad that they're finally releasing Pokémon games in the same month, this won't keep people waiting for the games anymore, and everyone can start playing it right away. ^^

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well this just shows how much they actually do care about the entire fanbase, and I'm glad we won't have to wait much longer than the Japanese before getting to play the games, and getting possible spoilers :p I wonder if this mean that the localization team is working alongside the developers though, or if they just have people within Gamefreak working as a localization team, or maybe something third. Guess it doesn't mean much, but it'd still be nice to know how they're pulling this off :p

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I'm glad that we will all be getting the game at the same times. The purpose of this is to make fans feel more connected, and I am very glad Nintendo and Gamefreak did this! I hope that this will happen with many future games.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Worldwide release....but wait till Halloween timing.

Survey says.....YES!! YESS!! YES!! YES!! and so on, so forth...

On a side note, anyone know how I can edit my username if possible....or am I stuck with the name I made involving no inspiration other than TNA-2008-Abyss trying to stay away from using weapons to be a good guy?

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2013
So glad they made this change; now I don't feel so left out when Japan gets the game so much earlier. The fact that myriad pictures and translated in-game snippets would be made available online was like rubbing it in my face, also.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm glad it's worldwide. B2W2 was closing the gap between releases but it still wasn't enough. Now I hope we are right on the it all comes out in the same day, not seperate days throughout the month of October.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I love the idea of this. It's just awesome. October 2013 for X and Y for all countries seems wonderful. It wasn't fair that Pokemon Games were released in Japan first all those years while we waited a few more months or played the Japanese Version before actually getting the English release. Though I wonder what will happen with the anime. I think Season N (considering it is the last season of B/W) will run in Japan through out October since if it finishes before October, the anime will probably stop for a while until X and Y gets released.

Back