The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
We have screenies of the girl in two different outfits. Maybe that means we can pick the clothes we want our characters to wear. The Hilbert getup may just be a placeholder as well, or merely a default choice.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it appears that I didn't look close enough the first time. The girl is wearing the same outfit in both screens. Whoops!

Last edited by Deokishisu; January 9th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I hope we have a Father figure in this game, we've only ever had this happen once and that was in RSE so it would be nice for a change. In fact I wonder if they decide to replace the Mom with the Dad.

Old January 9th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Merged into the existing protagonist thread.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
It's hard to judge the protagonists from what we've seen so far. The male protagonist looks to be extremely bland in his design. While for the female, we haven't really gotten a clear shot of her yet. Although I can't stop thinking of Hilbert when I see the new guy, I would actually say I like his style a lot better. Maybe it's the shades. I don't know.

Hopefully the artwork for them come out sometime soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I hope we have a Father figure in this game, we've only ever had this happen once and that was in RSE so it would be nice for a change. In fact I wonder if they decide to replace the Mom with the Dad.
A father figure for the protagonists would be nice actually.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
I love them both! The female looks so pretty but she still is practical and not inappropriately dressed. She does look a bit like Leaf, so that will make Leaf's fangirls/boys happy. I'm loving that hat.

I really like the guy too. He looks like Hilbert, like everyone said, but I really like Hilbert/Black because reasons so yeah the new guy is cool.

If I ever do get the games I'll play as the girl, but I have no 3ds so I won't be getting these anytime soon.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't think they'll include a backstory for the main character, because it seems that Nintendo made them silent so that we could fill in our own ideas for them instead of someone else deciding for us. That's what I like.. anyway.

I'd have to learn more about the story before writing a biography for the character :3
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm going to play as the male character when Pokémon X and Y are released. I think the designs of the characters are really stunning, even though the male character looks similar to Hilbert in Pokémon Black/White.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
The female looks totally bombastic!

The male is just disappointing... :/

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:48 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Destler View Post
As far as I know, there aren't any clear shots of the female yet, but we have like..this.

I'm definitely playing as her, I don't know about you. I love the design this time around.

The male, though, looks kind of like BW's protagonist.

What do you think? Who are you going to play as? Love or hate the new designs?
I think I might still play as the male character, he doesn't look that much like Hilbert, it's just those colors, bleh. But I might do a playthrough with the female, she looks amazing. BTW, is it just me or do they seem like they're French? I swear the region looks like France to me xD
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
So, can we be safe to assume like in BW, the protagonist looks much older than a 10 year old? At least, the sprites to me reflect that~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
The Female protagonist looks like the Female Ranger trainer in Pokemon Black/White.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
The female design looks pretty cool and she fits the whole France-based region. She looked older than the other protagonists(Touko looked 12 or 14, and May looked 12). And I did find a drawing of her that depicts their appearance that I found of Tumblr:

Old January 10th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
So, can we be safe to assume like in BW, the protagonist looks much older than a 10 year old? At least, the sprites to me reflect that~
Ya I thought that immediately. They're going for the older thing like Unova has been doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
The female design looks pretty cool and she fits the whole France-based region. She looked older than the other protagonists(Touko looked 12 or 14, and May looked 12). And I did find a drawing of her that depicts their appearance that I found of Tumblr:
I really hope that's what their proper character art looks like. I don't really like their sprites -that- much but if their character art was like that I'd be okay with it. :)
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

The protagonists look to be somewhat in their mid-teens, at least? o_o; Somewhere around there...
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
I thought I was the only one that thought the male looked a lot like Hilbert.

Xavier and Yvette

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
When I first saw the Male Protagonist for Black and White, I didn't like the way he looked, but then as I played more, I was like...this dude is pretty cool. So I think the male for Pokemon X & Y will grow on me as well.

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Even though those are sunglasses and not goggles, they still make me think they were kidnapped from Digimon XD; (Then again, in Tamers Henry/Jenrya and Rika/Ruki had sunglasses...)

Regardless, I like both the designs; the male's more than the female's especially. And, since it looks like her hair can be either blonde or brown (like, it seems kinda dirty blonde-ish) I hope it's blonde since we've never had any blonde protags. before :C
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
I liked Hilbert in B/W. I like the look of both protagonists, and like every game, I'll be playing as the boy. I hope that both protagonists meet each other, and that they are both friends.
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Victini

Gosh the female protagonist is extremely lovely.
I love how simple and elegant she looks! I can already say she has my favorite design out of all of the female protagonists. <333

Though... I can't say much for the male. .^.; He looks too simple... and I can definitely say that he is at the bottom of my list when it comes to favorite male protagonists.
Sorta hoping they do some extra tweaks and stuff to him before they release the game... I really want to like him. ;^;
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:07 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Yeah I'd say so, they definitely look like teenagers, probs around 16?

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 21st, 2013, 07:42 AM
Forever
let it go

Actually idk, B/W's looked around 16, these two look even older... would 18 be too crazy? :x Still better than the 10 year olds of the past though imo.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
I was thinking, what if you could pick what trainer class you are at the beginning of the game, (Like Ace Trainer, Ranger, Bug Catcher, etc.)? Do you think that would be cool?
In my opinion, that'd be a cool addition.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
Mortalis
ѕĸyвorɴe.
Community Supporter Tier 5

It'd be a pretty cool feature, but it won't happen because GameFreak wants you to be your own kind of trainer, and since you're usually involved in an important event during the game's play through, it'd be kind of weird to have the world saved by a bug catcher.

I wish it would though. That'd be fun.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by SooperTrooper View Post
It'd be a pretty cool feature, but it won't happen because GameFreak wants you to be your own kind of trainer, and since you're usually involved in an important event during the game's play through, it'd be kind of weird to have the world saved by a bug catcher.

I wish it would though. That'd be fun.
Well maybe it could be an end-of-the-game feature.
Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:04 AM
iwnd46
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
You might be able to customize your trainer. The male trainer has glasses on his head in one photo and its off in another.. Maybe not a lot of customizables. But it might be there! But i will be choosing the female because the male looks just like the B&W character.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here