The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Yazamoto
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
I do not have a .ini file
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Nature: Adamant
I just want to ask if the Pokemon Editor allows you to change the amount of moves a pokemon can have. Or would you need to repoint the move set list?
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Hevil93
Unhatched Egg

Yeah, downloaded it and immediately got ads with auto-start videos. Thanks. Now I have to run MSE and CCleaner because of this.
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevil93 View Post
Yeah, downloaded it and immediately got ads with auto-start videos. Thanks. Now I have to run MSE and CCleaner because of this.
Don't know what you downloaded but it wasn't PGE. Nice try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
I just want to ask if the Pokemon Editor allows you to change the amount of moves a pokemon can have. Or would you need to repoint the move set list?
You will have to repoint them I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazamoto View Post
I do not have a .ini file
download one within the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guraya View Post
Oh, I solved the problem. I don't think this tool supports UNICODE.
I went to Control Panel and changed present language into English.
Now, it works! Some EFL learners like me may have the same problem.
Anyway, thank you for replying to my question.
ah ok.
Old January 12th, 2013, 12:15 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

This doesn't seem to want to let me use the internal programmes (which is the only thing I downloaded it for).

Any solutions?

paired with christos
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM
ShyRayq
Unprofessional Unprofessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
This doesn't seem to want to let me use the internal programmes (which is the only thing I downloaded it for).

Any solutions?
You have to load the rom first
Live Pokedex Completed as of 02/03/14
Big thanks especially to DestinedJagold, Xerneas_X and Elements1

PM me if you want to trade, or add my FC.
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:22 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
LOL, really?

I was wondering if the creator would be able to add more plugins option?
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:55 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for that, I never thought of that haha, just assumed you opened the ROM inside the other programmes.

paired with christos
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post

Any solutions?
Load the ROM first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
LOL, really?

I was wondering if the creator would be able to add more plugins option?
I don't have any plans of adding plugins. If there is something you would like the program to have in the future peop0le are encourage to email/pm me about it.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Delta Nite
Unhatched Egg

TM/HM edit would be a nice thing to have in future releases.

Also, regarding the Attack Editor...
I have applied the physical/special split and have expanded the amount of attacks in my hack. Still, I don't have a clue on what the 'Effect Table' tag does.
It may be related, but whenever I try to add new effects (after hex relocating/repointing the effect table) the new effects will always be Camouflage. By new effects I mean like Charge Beam one, that causes damage and raises Sp.Atk. I know this is not the 'new effects for moves' thread, but I think it might have something to do with this 'Effect Table' tag.
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Nite View Post
TM/HM edit would be a nice thing to have in future releases.

I have applied the physical/special split and have expanded the amount of attacks in my hack. Still, I don't have a clue on what the 'Effect Table' tag does.
It may be related, but whenever I try to add new effects (after hex relocating/repointing the effect table) the new effects will always be Camouflage. By new effects I mean like Charge Beam one, that causes damage and raises Sp.Atk. I know this is not the 'new effects for moves' thread, but I think it might have something to do with this 'Effect Table' tag.
You can already edit the tm and hms in the item editor.

The effect table thing is for an ASM hack that jambo uses. It won't do anything otherwise.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:05 PM
dreamengine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Nite View Post
When you add a new pointer to the Effect Table don't add the last pointer to the end of it because that pointer is Camouflages's effect. Either add the new pointer to the very end of the table.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Shubunkus
I.R.

This is a very helpful tool and I want to thank the creator. It is very organized and has a lot of useful tools (some which I didn't even know about before :$). It is a bit slow at times but nothing else to complain about.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
Charizardlvl.98

If you wouldn't mind, your download is full of viruses. even though my computer can currently handle them, it would be nice if you could somehow fix that

2638-0604-4056
Old January 24th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubunkus View Post
This is a very helpful tool and I want to thank the creator. It is very organized and has a lot of useful tools (some which I didn't even know about before :$). It is a bit slow at times but nothing else to complain about.
Well the slowness usually is because the program is doing something. When exactly is it slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizardlvl.98 View Post
If you wouldn't mind, your download is full of viruses. even though my computer can currently handle them, it would be nice if you could somehow fix that
You probably clicked on an ad and download whatever was there. Make sure you actually download the program itself.
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Bey-Heart
Unhatched Egg

My browser said the file was malicious. Anything you can do about that?
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bey-Heart View Post
My browser said the file was malicious. Anything you can do about that?
Make sure you are actually downloading the installer and not something from an ad. Send me a screen shot it possible.
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Trainer Jun
Team Rocket Veteran Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I turns out that the site itself is registered by some anti-virus programs as containing malicious content. Just bypass it all and download it. The site may actually be bugged, but the installer's fine. If you're using chrome, the easiest way is to close the tab after the countdown for the download ends, then, using this key sequence, ctrl+shift+t, the pop-ups should be bypassed, and you should have no problems from then on.

There. Fixed it?

You are my inspiration.

What I support:
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:57 AM
Iacobus
sǝɯɐɾ

Gamer2020 shouldn't be using crap like linkbucks in the first place.
Everyone else should be using AdsFight!, Ads Skipper of RedirectionHelper by now (@userscripts.org).

@Gamer2020: I don't know what you get paid for this, but it can't be more than 40 cents a month.
If you continue using this crap service, I will personally contact the authors of the tools your editor downloads as they all deserve a percentage of your earnings.
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:34 AM
Gamer2020

Production of pokemon game editor is now canceled. Obviously people don't realize hosting is neededfor the update system and other things. There is no profit in this at all and if other tool makes do want a cut they can ask for their 1$ share... Hosting is way more compared to the few dollars the site makes. You'd think you'd be able to see that.
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Trainer Jun
Team Rocket Veteran Trainer

Shouldn't you be able to host it on this site? I mean, isn't that what you're supposed to do anyway, to avoid things like this? I've come across many a broken link or inaccessible download file due to hosting on other sites.

You are my inspiration.

What I support:
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Jun View Post
Shouldn't you be able to host it on this site? I mean, isn't that what you're supposed to do anyway, to avoid things like this? I've come across many a broken link or inaccessible download file due to hosting on other sites.
Not for updates... There is nothing against the rules by using file hosts on this site. This is not an issue for which I will get in trouble and this site or anyone else for that matter have any right to dictate how I release updates. People keep complaining and no one realizes that I have no obligation to do any of this for you guys. So I'm done updating this tool. If you people want tools make them yourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacobus View Post
Gamer2020 shouldn't be using crap like linkbucks in the first place.
Everyone else should be using AdsFight!, Ads Skipper of RedirectionHelper by now (@userscripts.org).

@Gamer2020: I don't know what you get paid for this, but it can't be more than 40 cents a month.
If you continue using this crap service, I will personally contact the authors of the tools your editor downloads as they all deserve a percentage of your earnings.
Go ahead cause if you think there is some earning when downloads only accumulate a few dollars and hosting is a couple hundred then your math skills are horrible. Never threaten me, ever.
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:56 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Not for updates... There is nothing against the rules by using file hosts on this site. This is not an issue for which I will get in trouble and this site or anyone else for that matter have any right to dictate how I release updates. People keep complaining and no one realizes that I have no obligation to do any of this for you guys. So I'm done updating this tool. If you people want tools make them yourselves.

Go ahead cause if you think there is some earning when downloads only accumulate a few dollars and hosting is a couple hundred then your math skills are horrible. Never threaten me, ever.
Whoa, this tool is awesome man! Whats wrong with those guys, thinking about money instead of creativity.
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:08 AM
Garuga17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Production of pokemon game editor is now canceled. Obviously people don't realize hosting is neededfor the update system and other things. There is no profit in this at all and if other tool makes do want a cut they can ask for their 1$ share... Hosting is way more compared to the few dollars the site makes. You'd think you'd be able to see that.

I.... was about to ask you how i add more attacks in PGE though ._.

Plus i'm still waiting this program to even better

Until i came across... this...

please release more updates D:

no one has re-uploaded it right?

BUT

Seriously people, you should stop complaining about how is this file is hosted.
If it hosted to linkbucks and such, so what's wrong with that?

I see nothing wrong with that, beside, we also support gamer2020 to make this tool even better, you only have to wait LESS than 1 minutes, what's wrong with that? i'd rather waste my 1 minute time than organizing all of my tools to one.

Malicious link? Viruses?

either your Anti virus shoot the false message, or you guys are too smart to pick the wrong download.
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:07 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garuga17 View Post
I.... was about to ask you how i add more attacks in PGE though ._.

Plus i'm still waiting this program to even better

Until i came across... this...

please release more updates D:

no one has re-uploaded it right?

BUT

Seriously people, you should stop complaining about how is this file is hosted.
If it hosted to linkbucks and such, so what's wrong with that?

I see nothing wrong with that, beside, we also support gamer2020 to make this tool even better, you only have to wait LESS than 1 minutes, what's wrong with that? i'd rather waste my 1 minute time than organizing all of my tools to one.

Malicious link? Viruses?

either your Anti virus shoot the false message, or you guys are too smart to pick the wrong download.

I completely agree. This is easily one of the most useful tools out there. There are many of us who are extremely thankful for all of the time and effort put in, some people just don't understand.

I hate the way that download sites allow ads which say download on them, but that is the internet, and this is a non-profit program. Hosting is tremendously expensive, but I guess internet babies just don't know that. Wake up! The world isn't free! Stop complaining if you don't know how to find the right link, you are lucky he decided to make it in the first place.

Gamer2020, don't let morons go to you're head. There are still plenty of us that greatly respect you and your work, but I guess we just don't show it enough. Please continue to make it.

Paired with Simba
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here