The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:00 PM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
In gen 5, we saw that the Pokécenter & Pokémart were merged into one building. Would you say this can remain good option for Gen 6? Do you have any new ideas of what they can do to shape the structure(s) of the Pokécenter & Pokémart, in regards of finding everything around in Gen 6? In addition with the Pokémart, could/should there be more selections of items available for purchase? What types of items should be added for purchase, and what items can possibly be removed? (for example, should Evolution stones be sold?)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:02 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
I'm sure it'll remain the same. It was a well recepted change, so I think it's here to stay.
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:10 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Like Syd, I'd say the combination of the PokéCenter and PokéMart are here to stayl. Going back to split buildings would be a step back for them [and us]. Although, that wouldn't be something new for Pokémon to do. But I see them remaining the same as they were in Black and White and B2/W2.

As for items, if I recall correctly, each generation has always added some more to what we can purchase. So, I think we're bound to see some extra items appear as well as new ones. I think evolution stones may be reserved for the larger department store, but I'd hope things like that will be found scattered amongst the region too ─ which they likely will be.
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:15 PM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
I'd like the two to stay merged, and the further the player progresses, the more items are available. I would like to be able to purchase more VM's, though.
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:17 PM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I liked having PokeCenters and Marts in one building. What I didn't like was how, before the Elite Four, you have to basically write down somewhere where each special PokeBall was sold, and which cities had TMs for sale. Maybe it was easy for others, but it was very, very difficult for me to keep track of where things were sold besides the standard provisions. So for me at least, I'm hoping there will just be a way to see which Marts sell which special items without having to go from city to city checking.
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:22 PM).
Deceit
Toxic.

It was easier combined, so we don't have to travel between 2 buildings. Besides, the experience didn't really change from before, when we had separate buildings for the pokemon center and the pokemart.
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:35 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I highly doubt they're going to make any regressions. The convenience of a mart was quite nice, so a step back would likely just annoy everyone.

Which would be bad, because Black and White made a lot of small improvements that enhanced the experience. Don't want to step on those, would you?

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 9th, 2013 (07:47 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I think doing away with the Pokemon Mart and incorporating it into the Center allows for me space to work with in a Town or City so there is another benefit to why I believe they should stay. It's easy access to me, cause I got to heal up so when I get done and maybe I need some more Pokeballs I can get them all at one place. It's kind of the idea like Super Walmart. You can get everything you need under one roof.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 9th, 2013 (07:57 PM).
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'd prefer since we'd get a 3D world, we should get two separate floors, one for the Pokemon Center and one for the Pokemart. But yes, I am okay with B/W's

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old January 9th, 2013 (08:37 PM).
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I thought it was a good idea to combine 'em in Gen. V as it was a lot more convenient, so hopefully they'll stay the same. Same for having more items available for sale at the Pokemart the more you progressed due to convenience and whatnot. As for what to sell, I think the general stock of items (Potions, Revives, Status healing items, Poke/Great/Ultra Balls, Escapes Ropes, Repels, etc.) should stay the same, and, like in past games, certain locations could sell the various special Balls, mail, and TMs.
Old January 9th, 2013 (08:52 PM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
If they have customization in the game, then there should be a section in the Pokémon Mart where you can buy accessories as well as a section for buying normal items.

As for the Pokémon Center, I think there would be the normal stuff that you would find in the Pokémon Center like the Wireless and Online battling areas as well as the Union Room.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013 (10:31 PM).
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
Aesthetically, I liked the blue Mart building. :3

But it was convenient to have both of them under one roof, so I would welcome it once again.
Old January 9th, 2013 (11:07 PM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
In gen 5, we saw that the Pokécenter & Pokémart were merged into one building. Would you say this can remain good option for Gen 6? Do you have any new ideas of what they can do to shape the structure(s) of the Pokécenter & Pokémart, in regards of finding everything around in Gen 6? In addition with the Pokémart, could/should there be more selections of items available for purchase? What types of items should be added for purchase, and what items can possibly be removed? (for example, should Evolution stones be sold?)
Yeah it seems a lot easier than going to go heal up, putting up with Nurse Joy's speech, and then running to the mart which seems to get farther from the center each time xD

I say that for the mart it should be divided into sections, but without elevators, I like what B/W did. and for the center... meh nothing xD

I think maybe a devolution item would be cool, but I can't really think of anything atm
Old January 9th, 2013 (11:36 PM).
LapLace1500
I just ride....

Think they will most likely keep the two together. It would be nice to see some new items, but there will be considering each gen has new items. Evolution stones sold in shops would be more convenient but I highly doubt that would happen.

Old January 10th, 2013 (12:02 AM).
Forever
let it go

I'd like it exactly the same. No change whatsoever, it was very useful in Unova, and if they change it they just might spoil it, or at least how good it actually is. :(
Old January 10th, 2013 (03:25 AM).
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
It would definetely stay merged,
it caught a lot of attention from ppl.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 10th, 2013 (07:29 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I prefer them to be separate but if they introduced this in Gen V then I can see it sticking around, I doubt they would just do it for one generation then revert back to the separate buildings.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 10th, 2013 (07:43 AM).
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty

The trailer showed a town, and you can see most of the town, or at least what looks like most. I can't see a mart, but the Pokémon Center has Blue things on the roof, which would suggest Marts are still in the PC.

I've no problem with this, just the towns seem to be empty without to resourceful buildings, It's a general tradition in RPGs to have a building for healing and a separate one for shopping, unless it's an important or final area, like a Colosseum of the League.

I'd like a shop for elemental stone, with new Pokemon being made, they'll most likely without a doubt need stones, and new ones. I don't like how the newer games limit you on the stones you get with only finding them in caves and dungeons, and various one place findings, there's more pokemon that need to evolve with them, than the amount you can find.
Old January 10th, 2013 (08:01 AM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I actually would like them separate, maybe just for nostalgia. I don't really care in the end though, I think it's a pretty small thing, so I would be happy either way
Old January 10th, 2013 (08:20 AM).
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
As long as they still use the Pokemart theme for this gen's super mart, then let the Pokemon Center and normal Pokemart stay merged. Speaking of the super mart, they better bring back the evolutions on sale like Gen 1.
Old January 10th, 2013 (09:54 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

It was received well and was very convenient, so I'm sure that they'll keep it, but I do really miss them being separate. It felt more natural.
Old January 16th, 2013 (04:41 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I can't really think of a reason why they would separate them. I'd also like some more specialty shops scattered around too.
Old August 9th, 2013 (11:53 AM).
davidbuddy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerpow7 View Post
I'd prefer since we'd get a 3D world, we should get two separate floors, one for the Pokemon Center and one for the Pokemart. But yes, I am okay with B/W's
Haha thats funny I'm just working on a Pokémon hack (Really its not a hack because I use the same system as Pokémon Obsidian) And i'm doing that becuase I like the merge idea but I'm to lazy to merge the 2 tile sets
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
*Icecold*
Bow down to Queen Meowstic

Nature: Hasty
I adore the concept. I'm so used to going into a Pokémon Center and then going right to the other counter for some items. So useful....

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 9th, 2013 (03:51 PM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This thread hasn't been posted in since January. Let's leave it to rest.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links