• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Areas in Pokemon X & Y - Speculation

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
What type of areas do you guys hope to see in Pokemon X & Y? We've seen they apparently have forrests and deserts or so, but what do you guys think would blow the game up, make it a hit? What would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see a jungle, but that is just me.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I want to see more snowy wastelands.
We've only really had snow once, and that's in Snowpoint City.

blue

gucci
Years
Id like to see another Water based City i.e Himlau City, Pacifidlog , I could imagine it would be spectacular in 3D.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I would like a jungle area too, and less deserts. I wouldnt mind a savannah style place with african inspired pokemon, like lions or a cheetah pokemon

Years
I know this has technically been done before in Hoenn, but I'd like to see island towns. I know a lot of people hated the amount of water Hoenn had, but I liked it, and the island towns (Mossdeep for example) were pretty cool.
Aside from that, I'd also like to see more snowy areas; it'd give more Ice-type Pokemon too!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
What type of areas do you guys hope to see in Pokemon X & Y? We've seen they apparently have forrests and deserts or so, but what do you guys think would blow the game up, make it a hit? What would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see a jungle, but that is just me.

How do you differentiate between a jungle and a forest? I found the vine-swinging to be very jungle-like myself.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'd like to see a town up the mountains, kind of like Blackthorn City but with an actual view point so you can see surrounding scenery from there; That would be really nice. I also agree with island and snowy towns.

blue

gucci
Years
It would be good to see a Jungle City, similar to White Forest but maybe the Gym Leader could be a grass type residing at the top of a tall tree like we saw in the trailer.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There needs to be a modeling or fashion institute! Where you battle fashion designers and models. :) France is known for fashion, so why not?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
A counterpart to the Louvre (it's one of France's many big staples, so why not have it too?)
And also a return of PokeStar Studios, makes sense, considering France is home to the Cannes Film Festival

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I would love to see some more snowy area's like Snowpoint City, like many others have said. I would also like some more island towns, and an African savannah type place sounds really cool!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Personally, I would like to see an X or Y exclusive area, like how they did with Pokémon Black/White with Black City and White Forest.

I would also like to see some towns looking different depending on the version you're playing, like how it was with Opelucid City in Black/White.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
I'd like to see bigger cities and more castles! I like the rural areas that predecessor Pokemon games are popular for, but I hope to see more metropolitan cities. I'd like to see a more diverse landscape throughout X and Y. I'd also like to see cities based off of weather, kind of like Snowpoint city.

DTep

Arcanine4evar
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
I want a rainforest, because I love to see weather incorporated into the gameplay, it also would allow the plethora of species in a rainforest to be integrated as new Pokemon in X&Y. I'm really hoping the vine swinging in the game has something to do with a cool jungle or rainforest.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Jumping on the rainforest bandwagon here. We've had regular forests before, but we've never had an actual rainforest-type area. I thought Hoenn would have been the perfect place for an area like this since it was a tropical region, but there's always the chance it could happen here. A light shower of rain, a plethora of numerous Pokémon, and possibly the location of a hidden Legendary. I think the idea of a rainforest if a good one. Maybe even suitable for a Safari Zone. Just throwing it out there.

i think its going to be the whole world
Haha, I don't think we've quite gotten that far yet. Each new region is based off of a different existing country. Seeing as we have over hundreds and hundreds of countries that exist in the world today, to base the locations off of the whole world seems unlikely. Otherwise, what's going to be left for future generations?

I can see multiple European landscapes having an influence over new locations though; particularly those closest to France maybe.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I have a vague idea of mountains being included, seeing as France has more than its fair share of mountainous areas (the Alps, the Pyrénées, the Massif Central). I realise they've already made mountains a prominent part in games but I feel like there was something missing in the execution. Rather than just a random mountain plonked in the middle of the region like Mt. Coronet, they could have a mountain range, perhaps? And I don't want to be exploring the inside either, the outside is perfectly fine!

Back