• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
They've been breaking patterns all over the place for the last few games though, so I wouldn't rely on any patterns to make any predictions.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Ditto evolution please. By far my favorite Pokemon and it isn't really viable due to low stats. Impostor helped greatly but we are still stuck with horribly low stats, HP most importantly.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Ditto evolution please. By far my favorite Pokemon and it isn't really viable due to low stats. Impostor helped greatly but we are still stuck with horribly low stats, HP most importantly.

I mean... that would be interesting. They could maybe make it into a blob with muscles?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 16, 2014
Eeveelution all the way please! I bet they'll release two more if any. Maybe, ghost and flying? :3 That's what I'm hoping for at least.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I dunno why but I find the idea of a peacock legendary as really amusing. Bow down to the all powerful... peacock doesn't quite fit. Wouldn't mind for it to be a Pokemon in general though :3
Actually, peacocks are proud creatures and sometimes treated like royalty in some legends. But I'm sure if they create a peacock legendary it would look awesome unlike some of the legendary in B/W.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Alright, This thread proved lucky for me Last time as i wished for A tarantula and an Electric Zebra. Lets try again.

A Komodo Dragon - The Most awesome Reptile on the planet and we don't have a pokemon ? really ?

Pistol Shrimp - First Water/Fire ? Seriously, google it.

I love these animals O-o. Wanted these pokes for so long.

Komodo Dragon shud obviously be poison type <3

Makes sense for Tiger Pistol Shrimp to be water/fire

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Lapras needs an evo extremely badly and id love to see a ground/fire meerkat cus that could be cute and badass

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I have so many ideas for Pokemon I want, it's like I'm imaging an entire generation in my head.
In terms of what I'm expecting from Gamefreak though, I just want Pokemon that are better than those introduced on Generation I. The Generation V Pokemon were pretty good, actually, but I'd prefer Pokemon more along the lines of Generation II/III~.

The thrill of there being new Pokemon in the first place is what makes me content. And I'm difficult to disappoint, so I'm definitely optimistic!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I asked about new Fossil pokemon in the chat, but, I kinda want some sort of T-Rex pokemon; or some sort of stegosaurus pokemon (if there isn't one already)~

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think we're long overdue for a Dolphin Pokémon. That, and a Wolf Pokémon who's an Ice-type as mentioned earlier. I'm really itching to get a Griffin-esque Pokémon though. Actually, the griffin is something I can see as a potential legendary or certain trio, but I hope we can finally get one this time around. Next to the dolphin, I think it's about high time we have a Pokémon based off of a griffin.

In terms of the older Pokémon, put me in the same boat as those asking for an Absol and Lapras evolution.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
I'm looking forward to seeing the generic bird, considering they haven't had a really good one since Pidgeot (well except Staraptor maybe). As far as new evolutions go, I wanna see one for Electrode, Sudowoodo, Jynx, Chimeco, and maybe Pinsir. Oh, and a new evolution for Vulpix that's Fire/Psychic. No baby Pokemon, unless it's a Scyther baby. That would be pretty cool. Oh, and these:

Water/Dark Squid
Dark/Fire Horse
Dragon/Ghost Skeleton Dragon
Fighting Gorilla
Fire/Bug Wasp (Different from Beedrill)

BlockedHeart

Pokemon Master
Years
Hey! This is an awesome thread idea, and I have a huge list so get ready for a read. Not all of these are pokemon ideas, just kinda stuff that I wanna see in general, kinda ranted. :)

1. So far, out of the five Pokemon revealed, the only one I'm not fond of is that X Legendary, the antlers are to big, and he looks like a revamp of Suicune, but like 80% of the Pokemon is a good sign.

2. Black & White Pokemon designs, (despite others opinions) are some of my absolute favorite designs, minus vanilish, vanilite, and vanilux, what stupid ideas. But stick with those same types of ideas, and NO MORE FOOD PLZ.

3. More Eeveelusions, we desperately need a flying, ghost, and poison type eevee... Make it happen.

4. NO MORE LEGENDARY DOGS... You have 6 now... STAHP!

5. We need more type pairings that we haven't seen before, although, making, for example, a water/fire type Pokemon could be dangerous, as it would be hard to balance it. All the types like that would be OP. I don't know about this one, but maybe make it happen.

6. Their are tons of animals on the planet, make more resembling real animals, but add Pokemon flare of course... We don't need to resort to ice cream yet, save those for when you run out of ideas.

7. STAHP making Fire/Fighting starters... I hate them, this game so far looks in the clear because I don't think that cute little fox will ever become a fighting type, but so help me god if it does.

8. Every single Pokemon game I've ever played, there is always the same problem... NOT ENOUGH GOOD SINGLE TYPE POKEMON. I think I'm the only one who cares, but when I play through a game, I like to use a team as follows: A Grass Pokemon, A Fire Pokemon, A Water Pokemon, An Electric Pokemon, A Flying Pokemon, And Any Type That Will Help On Elite Four Or Specific Gym. I usually play 3 times, once with each starter. All I ask, is that I have enough single type Pokemon to play through 3 times. 15 Pokemon (Minus Starters.) Ik I probably sound ridiculous, but it needs to happen.

9. NO MORE MONKEYS.

10. Dolphin

11. More Whales

12. Torkoal evolution

13. Shuckle evolution

14. Evo in between Pawniard and Bisharp, or another one after.

15. More Fish (not stupid ones like Finnion.)

16. Mr. Mime evo, make him a legendary :D jk

17. New Legendary Birds?

18. Always thought it would be cool to have preveloutions to legendaries, but they can't evolve, can only be bread with another legendary, not ditto, and have lower stats, just cool Pokemon for UU or NU, and cool Pokemon to have, that are harder to obtain because you need two legendary pokemon... Just a thought.

19. More good grass types? So I'm not forced to pick a grass starter all the time.

20. Less dragons this region please, B/W had waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many.

21. More legendary Pokemon, but make them difficult to get... gives you some incentive to keep playing. Make quests to go and find them on islands, or rebattle all the gym leaders to gain access to them, or whatever you feel like.

22. Please, Please, Please, I'm guessing their not making X 2, and Y 2, their going to make Z the third release... and I'm begging you Nintendo/Gamefreak..... Please allow an option to transfer data from our X and Y, enabling us to battle our team from the original games as the Pokemon League Champion in Pokemon Z. I thought for sure that they would do it when I heard B/W 2 was being released... Positive almost... and then they didn't... :'(

23. I see alot of older gen Pokemon in the games so far, not sure if they're just place holders for the trailer, or the region is actually evenly split between new and old Pokemon, instead of the majority being new Pokemon... But maybe allow us to travel to previous regions? Wanted to do that for so long, they don't even have to be as detailed, and I'm not sure what time period in the Pokemon timeline these games will be placed, but just make it happen.

24. BIG. BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG, region please :D Maybe break the tradition and have more then 8 gyms? or more than just 4 in the Pokemon League?

25. Last one :D Local 4 player multiplayer, or atleast 2. and not like, one person has to constantly follow the other one, they can travel together on the adventure and take separate paths. Then face each other at the end of the elite four :D The 3DS is more than capable of handling it... So please... Do it. Your lying if you don't think this is awesome.

26. Last Last One :D For REAL this time... Character customization, some people are already speculating it, because of the male character's sunglasses in the trailer... but idk for sure yet. If it's possible, do it... It's an simple thing that will definitely enhance the gaming experience.

27. Last Last Last One :D For Really Real this time. I know this may sound a little farfetch'd (see what I did there.) but, in real life... creatures don't all look the same. Each on in slightly different from the others. I'm not saying have every Pokemon be unique, but maybe have a few different variants of every Pokemon... It may be a little to late to add it to the older Pokemon, and it wouldn't make sense to only apply it to this region... so maybe this idea is a little stupid. We've already seen it before with Frillish for example, maybe make more Pokemon like that....

Kk... I'm done :D Let me know what you think :)

Good idea. Maybe the flying type should be called ( bad name alert ) FLAPEON

Maybe Flighteon? Or Wingeon? Or Breezeon? I like Breezeon actually... sound more like wind than flying, but they're kind of associated with eachother... as for the ghost type that the comment you quoted mentioned... Maybe Spiriteon? or Ghasteon? or Paraeon (For Paranormal?) or even.... Ghosteon :D (Just spiting out ideas really :D

Maybe Flighteon? Or Wingeon? Or Breezeon? I like Breezeon actually... sound more like wind than flying, but they're kind of associated with eachother... as for the ghost type that the comment you quoted mentioned... Maybe Spiriteon? or Ghasteon (I like this one the best)? or Paraeon (For Paranormal?) or even.... Ghosteon :D (Just spiting out ideas really :D

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Actually, peacocks are proud creatures and sometimes treated like royalty in some legends. But I'm sure if they create a peacock legendary it would look awesome unlike some of the legendary in B/W.

Oh, idk I'd still find it kind of hilarious to worship a peacock in-game but that's just me.

Sounds way too close to Flareon imo.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I want an evolved form of Eevee that's a Normal-type. One that has a method of evolution alternate to the others (having a certain move/giving it a certain item to level up with) and I think they could produce some interesting Eeveelutions with any of the other types, really.

Other than that I'd like to see a few creative type combos, I'd particularly like to see Fire/Water (some kind of steampunk looking Pokémon?) and Fire/Grass (burning trees are all that really comes to mind here). I also love it when Pokémon are based on mythological creatures, there's loads they could go off. Maybe some kind of Water/Dark leviathan Pokémon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm looking forward to seeing the generic bird
Going with the idea that the new region is indeed based off of Paris, France, then I can see the Gallic rooster - France's "unofficial" national bird - being used as an inspiration for the region's new common flying type. If not that, then perhaps a House Martin, which I believe is a pretty common bird found in Paris and around Europe. It's cute one too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Daym you know a lot of French-related things! But a rooster sounds awesome. I hope if that occurs then it learns Roost... just... cause. Maybe it might even be a special attacker, imagine having a good special attacking generic bird, shocking I know.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Actually, now when i think about it, A legendary peacock would resemble Ho-Oh a lot.

Back