The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 23rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
Yellow Silver Nostalgia
Those Were The Days

Well isn't that the kindest thing? I love it when people make a big effort just to be nice to each other, it's a breath of fresh air.

This is rapidly escalating into a contest of sweetness between us (the next thing you know I'll write a poem and then you'll post a song on youtube and I'll send you flowers and you'll send me a chocolate model of Purleaf and I'll arrange for you to fly to Paris for a romantic dinner and proposal... wouldn't that just be a fairytale love story?), and I don't want to divert attention away from the main topic of your wonderful thread, so I'll forfeit.

Besides, you'd easily win that sweetness contest.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:56 AM
InkFrog
Togepi

I'm new and I just want to say, I really love your designs. It's hard to be unique and keep them simple, but you're doing an awesome job at that! As others have said, you're also really good at imitating the official pokemon style. Keep up the awesome work!

Sam Heights in Tainted Waters
TEAM:

Jack Mesa in Ultimate Tournament
TEAM:
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by enohp View Post
Wow! That all looks really good. I especially like those starters. Keep it up!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkFrog View Post
I'm new and I just want to say, I really love your designs. It's hard to be unique and keep them simple, but you're doing an awesome job at that! As others have said, you're also really good at imitating the official pokemon style. Keep up the awesome work!
Thank you so much, hun!

I've got some new art for you all today! Abnegation asked me to design the mother for the protagonists of Phoenix Rising. Here she is, and I hope you all like her!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ęℓαчиıı; January 10th, 2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Fixed her face.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Sunfished
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Nature: Lax
Man, all your 'mons are designed very well! The colors and designs on each one looks as if it was thought out thoroughly, and each were not overcomplicated or super simplified. I'm especially loving that fire peacock and hydrake!

Also I was wondering where you learned to draw like that? It looks almost identical to Sugimori's art style. I want to try my hand at this!
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Fairy
pixie ・【ピクシー】

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
It looks almost identical to Sugimori's art style.
Truest statement posted in this thread.

Ęℓαчиıı, your art is fantastic. It's so authentic to Sugimori's style.. If someone told me this (I'm just using that one as an example, this comment applies to all of them) was a Gen VI Pokemon, I'd believe it. Even the names are believable. Moreover, they just make sense. Your Charoyal seems to pair perfectly with Honchcrow, imo. You have a amazing talent for reproducing Sugimori's art style while still being unique and completely your own. It goes without saying that your line work is immaculate, your color choices are perfect, and your eye for lighting / shadows is absolutely flawless. I am super, super impressed. And equally surprised that I haven't commented on this thread before! :o I'd love to see you do more Pokemon landscape work. Flocks of these guys in the wild with sunsets and whatnot.

If I were you, I'd sell your work and make some serious money. Can't wait to see that game your developing. If I read correctly, the link is in your signature, right? You've got serious raw talent. Can't wait to see more! n_n;

Got any ideas for a pseudo-legend yet?

Old January 11th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfished View Post
Man, all your 'mons are designed very well! The colors and designs on each one looks as if it was thought out thoroughly, and each were not overcomplicated or super simplified. I'm especially loving that fire peacock and hydrake!

Also I was wondering where you learned to draw like that? It looks almost identical to Sugimori's art style. I want to try my hand at this!
Thank you!

I've had some help down the road, but I have had practice of my own. The co-owner of my game also helped me immensely with shading and designing, so I can't take all the credit. Sadly, he left and now I'm on my own. I'll be posting my art here to get more feedback, but due to what I've gotten, people seem to like it!

As for Sugimori's style, I stalk his Twitter account. He has a lot of pictures that he has uploaded in his style, and I study them there. I also lurk on Bulbapedia and just stare at all of his official art. His style is a peculiar one, and it's one that takes getting used to. I think it took me a good year or two to get it down. I'm still experimenting with it now. The key is to never give up, and you'll eventually get it down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Truest statement posted in this thread.

Ęℓαчиıı, your art is fantastic. It's so authentic to Sugimori's style.. If someone told me this (I'm just using that one as an example, this comment applies to all of them) was a Gen VI Pokemon, I'd believe it. Even the names are believable. Moreover, they just make sense. Your Charoyal seems to pair perfectly with Honchcrow, imo. You have a amazing talent for reproducing Sugimori's art style while still being unique and completely your own. It goes without saying that your line work is immaculate, your color choices are perfect, and your eye for lighting / shadows is absolutely flawless. I am super, super impressed. And equally surprised that I haven't commented on this thread before! :o I'd love to see you do more Pokemon landscape work. Flocks of these guys in the wild with sunsets and whatnot.

If I were you, I'd sell your work and make some serious money. Can't wait to see that game your developing. If I read correctly, the link is in your signature, right? You've got serious raw talent. Can't wait to see more! n_n;

Got any ideas for a pseudo-legend yet?
You brought a tear to my eye...
Thank you SO much for the kind words, they really do mean a lot to me! ♥

As I told Sunfished, I cannot talk ALL the credit. I am on my own now, but I have once again gotten myself motivated. The loss of my co-owner pretty much turned me off to everything, but thanks to the kind, yet blunt people on deviantART, I'm right back in the game! Before I verify any sort of concept, I ask my good friend hourglasshero. He is where I got my motivation to become a Fakémon artist. Charoyal is one of my favorite concepts by far, with the exception of Purleaf. Sugimori's style takes quite a while to replicate. I spend at least two hours working on a single picture, unless I'm excited about it. To be honest, colors are where I have a lot of trouble at. I spend at least thirty minutes picking base colors and then I end up changing them ten times. Landscapes are my weak point, sadly. :K I'm one of those people who are never satisfied with a base sketch anything and end up changing it or throwing it away. I will give that a shot, though! Yes, the link to my game thread is in my signature!

I do have the regional "pseudo legendary" Dragon Pokémon concept. The basic and first stage are done, but I'm drafting the second stage. Knowing me, it'll take months for me to draw that out. @w@;
Old February 15th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Here's a little update, guys!

I've been in the process of taking a few requests for some designs for some Fakémon designs... and I love how I've loved the designs I've done for other people, but I normally can't things I make for myself.

Anyways, here is an Eeveeloution design for fantasykisala's fan game. I decided since a female Eevee is rather rare, this design might work out well. You can only obtain this Pokémon when a female Eevee levels up while holding a Sharp Beak. Perhaps this could even been considered a Steel-typed Eeveeloution. I'm not sure, but the evolution method would be the same; a Metal Coat would replace the Sharp Beak. Regardless, if fantasykisala doesn't like it, I keep her. x'D

Spoiler:
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Here's the grass starter concept I made for Pokémon Lunar.

Spoiler:
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:25 AM
derozio
not an anime connoisseur
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Your stuff is marvelous. And I'd agree with Alexial and Sunfished about your style resembling Sugimori's. But since you already went ahead and told us that you stalk his twitter and study his works, I guess it shouldn't be a surprise. I honestly do not feel like I'm qualified to point out errors or anything else in your works because you're so much better than I can ever hope to be. :p

What makes your work stand out are all the small touches that you add in them. For example, the steel suit and the wings near the feet you drew in the eeveelution look really good on it but don't make the fakemon any more complicated than it should be. A problem that amateur fakemon artists encounter is when they don't know how many features and what kind their fakemon should possess. They end up adding too much and the result is a fakemon that doesn't resemble a real pokemon at all. But you are really experienced and know when and where to add these sorts of things. Visible in your latest one too - the whip/snake thingy around the green starter's body, I mean. If it weren't for these additions, the fakemon would probably end up looking plain and you always find the right places to make these additions and in adequate amounts to make them seem as authentic and identical to sugimori style as possible. Your stuff always ends up looking like a pokemon and not some over-complicated digimon work. Though calling your works simple doesn't take away from their charm and the hard work you put into it. I meant it as a compliment actually, haha.

I won't be able to talk much more than that, I'm afraid. BUT I really wanna say quite a lot of things and I'll be sure to comment again soon. When time permits, you know. Keep posting your works, dude. They're amazing.
Old June 29th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

@Derozio - Thank you so much! <3

Here's a fully completed line I've done!

Chibaki was one of the first fake concepts I'd ever drafted, so she is pretty special to me. Chibaki originally just a random concept, though she wasn't based off of anything. Last night after watching a movie, my co-owner and I decided to base her final evolution off of the three Fates in Hercules. So, yeah. There is a little back story behind her line.

They have a unique ability called Tantrum.
Tantrum is an ability where if the Pokémon gets hit by a Super Effective move, the Special Attack stat is maxed out.

Spoiler:

Chiby
Baby Pokémon

Ghost

Tantrum
Chiby → Max Happiness at Night → Chibaki → Void Stone → Chioras

Chibaki
Childish Pokémon

Ghost
Fire
Tantrum

Chioras
Fate Pokémon

Ghost
Fire
Tantrum
Old July 1st, 2013, 11:14 PM
Fairy
pixie ・【ピクシー】

Wow. Sorry it took me so long to comment on this!

Once again, you've managed to amaze me. :)

I love this line, I really do. I especially love how delightfully twisted it is. Like a mix between everything I like about Mismagius and Gothitelle. I don't know if that's where you drew inspiration from (probably not considering you said this design has been with you for a while and you didn't based it off of anything in particular soo) but you've managed to capture the essence of the two -- pretty much the essence of what makes a Ghost type Pokemon -- while still being so uniquely your own.

It.... that watermark though. ;o; I know, I know.. but it really does get in the way of the finer details around the face; specifically Chiby's. But hey, that's nitpicking at this point. You know you're accomplished, is there anything I could say that you haven't already heard? ;)

Seriously though, another awesome update and another stunning line. You should do this more often! xD

Old July 2nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
ShinyNuzLover
What're you lookin' at?

Nature: Hasty
These are... some of the best peices of Pokemon concept art I've seen. And I've seen a lot of concept art.

Old October 5th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Wow. Sorry it took me so long to comment on this!

Once again, you've managed to amaze me.

I love this line, I really do. I especially love how delightfully twisted it is. Like a mix between everything I like about Mismagius and Gothitelle. I don't know if that's where you drew inspiration from (probably not considering you said this design has been with you for a while and you didn't based it off of anything in particular soo) but you've managed to capture the essence of the two -- pretty much the essence of what makes a Ghost type Pokemon -- while still being so uniquely your own.

It.... that watermark though. ;o; I know, I know.. but it really does get in the way of the finer details around the face; specifically Chiby's. But hey, that's nitpicking at this point. You know you're accomplished, is there anything I could say that you haven't already heard?

Seriously though, another awesome update and another stunning line. You should do this more often! xD
Hah, thank you!

You're right; I didn't base them off of either of those Pokémon. Though, their coloration was heavily inspired by Mismagius. It loved how the purple complimented the pink they added in, so I thought I would make use of the purple. It was originally much darker, but thanks to some fine people on deviantART, they helped me with the entire color scheme. I wanted the line to be very... wicked, despite the cute appearance. Chiby is supposedly the souls of infants while Chibaki lives up to her name; a small brat. Chioras is my favorite by far, but Chibaki holds a special place with me. She was the first fakemon I ever drafted, so... I am quite attached to her.

As for the watermark... aside from commissions, I'll remove them from future pieces. Since I'll have them on my page over on dA, I shouldn't have to worry. <3 I guess I'm a little paranoid, that's all. Well, even with watermarks, people will still steal something so I guess I'll just have to take that risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyNuzLover View Post
These are... some of the best peices of Pokemon concept art I've seen. And I've seen a lot of concept art.
D'aww.
You're much too kind, dear. <3 Thank you!!

ANYWAYS!

I might as well dump some more stuff off here. I've got two recently finished point commissions that I am very proud of. They're Ashnix and Freenix; both property of AshnixsLaw on deviantART.

Ashnix
Spoiler:

Freenix
Spoiler:

Ashnix had no reference of pose, but it came out quite dynamic. The commissioner wanted a different pose for Freenix, so we both agreed that we could base it off of Articuno's sprite from Pokémon Conquest. I will admit... I had a horrible time with the ice, but I guess for a majority of it and a friend helped me out with the rest; I am very happy with it, despite all of my guesswork.

Next up, three new fossil fakemon are going to be revealed soon!

I've got the two 'main' fossils coming up, plus a little bonus fossil you get. Once I get the last one colored, I'll post all three of them. :3
Old December 17th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

I'm BACK, you guys!
Now, with 20% more CAPS LOCK.

[LEFT]Yes, I've returned to dump some more finalized concepts of my region. Zircon isn't dead! I've been trying to post that comment on the thread, but I always get distracted and end up closing the window. I'll eventually get to it. Anyways, yeah. Zircon isn't dead and I've been been fleshing out some concept 'mon ideas and Gym Leader concepts. Plus, I've been exceptionally lazy. Lack of motivation played a key in the delays, but I forced myself to work through it. Enough of my useless ramblings, it's time to post a recently completed Fakemon line!

So, do any of you remember Coalire...?
Probably not! Since I'm soooo nice, here is the little guy.

Spoiler:

Coalire is based off of a fiery coal golem. It was one of my earlier concepts, though it has gone though quite a bit of revamping. Now, I can proudly show off the entire line! I spent about five hours alone on its final evolution, Golavem. It was the trickiest, given that lava is exceptionally hard to shade when you've never done it before. x'D

I would like to introduce you all to Coalire, Pyrone, and Golavem.

Spoiler:

Coalire evolves into Pyrone starting at Level 35 while Pyrone will evolve into Golavem when exposed to a Magma Stone.

Coalire's line focuses on attacking relentlessly; Moxie is their only ability, and as such, these Pokémon can wreck a team given enough time out. They have very high Attack and Sp. Attack but their drawbacks are the painfully obvious quadruple weakness to Water and their terribly speed stat.

= Fun Fact =

Magma Stones cannot be found on any routes or caves in the game.

Much like in Lumiose City, there is a special store in the Azelon region that sells just evolutionary stones. Not only that, they sell the regular evolutionary items. They are expensive, however. This store is located in the sixth floor of the Shopping Mall in Jager City. He sells the
the Magma Stone for 10,000 Poké Dollars. Also in the same store is a masseuses. For a modest fee, she will massage your Pokémon to increase its happiness.

Anyways, I've rambled enough!

I'd love to know what you think. Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated! Keep an eye out for more updated 'mon and other concepts~!

No watermarks this time, Strawberry! I trust you~ x'D

Sponsored Links