The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
As we know, Unova skipped the zone, however it was common in regions before Unova. Do you think we could see a reappearance of the Safari Zone? Would you like it in the region? Do you think it would make sense appearing in the region? Would you like it to be changed/redesigned in any way, to be like the fourth generation one or more like the classics? Share your thoughts!
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid
I'd like a simple, classic Safari Zone to return. No crazy rearranging the place, no mud bogs, no Pokeblocks, just get in, catch stuff, and get out. Simple. :) ...Though if it does come back, I hope I don't find a shiny in there...

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I wouldn't mind rearranging areas, just not having to place certain things in them and waiting x number of days to find certain Pokemon :< 'Course, they could just put all those areas in one big Safari Zone and make it like Kanto's, pretty much. Definitely don't want to have to make my own food to throw, getting stuck in mud, or having to have a certain bike to get to certain areas X_X
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I would absolutely love to see a Safari Zone in Pokémon X and Y. Or maybe have it in a totally new style like how the Pastoria Great Marsh was like?

This place surely would be a good place to capture Pokémon that appear from other regions outside of the region that Pokémon X and Y are based on. I'd like to see Pokémon such as Patrat and Watchog in the Safari Zone.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Nooo I hate the Safari Zone and hope it never comes back. If they have a Dream World-like game for this generation I'm sure that they won't bring it back.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
I wouldn't be opposed to the return of Safari Zone, but at this stage I think there are so many other things included that it would be left out.

I like PokemonShinySilver's idea of it containing Pokemon from other regions though!

Old January 10th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'd prefer the classic safari zone like in the original RBY. Maybe they can add a system on where you can add traps to certain places to catch rarer pokemon?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:58 PM
BlockedHeart
Pokemon Master

Nature: Brave
I think the safari zone should definitely make a return, but I think maybe the Daycare Center could become bigger, more like a park, or trainer hotspot, and it would double as the safari zone in another area. That way, you could run around and catch Pokemon while yours breed.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Oh I hope it returns I really missed it and the HG/SS safari zone was a major letdown, IMO. I hope it returns with various Unova and Sinnoh Pokemon and maybe some from the first 2 gens and has many SIMPLE acessable areas. I love this idea

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
I want Safari Zone back! It was so much fun hunting for rare Pokemon in LeafGreen and Emerald. Hope they add Safari Zone into X and Y, that would be awesome. I think Safari Zone would make sense appearing in any region, it just somehow fits in. I don't mind if they add in a couple new features such as decreasing the chances of a Pokemon fleeing, I hated hunting for a specific rare Pokemon and when I finally found it, it would flee. So, less chance of fleeing please!

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:19 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I want to see it return. I imagine it'll have an extra mechanic similar to how each of the regions have had their own special mechanics (Pokeblocks in Hoenn, bogs in Sinnoh, and rearraging in Johto)
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I....have mixed feelings about the Safari Zone. I mean, it was never a feature that I really paid much attention to, so I guess I don't mind if it's brought back? I mean idk, I always felt that it was kind of an obscure kind of feature, and yet at the same time it was a key icon of certain regions, such as Gen I and II and how they did the Safari Zone(note that I'm basing Gen II off of how I see HG/SS since I haven't played it much).

But yeah, I don't mind!
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:39 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I loved the Safari Zone, heck it's one of the places I went to most in the Hoenn and Sinnoh Games. I never really got to the point of experiencing the Dream World, so I can't say thats better.

I could totally see well, wish they will bring it back and I was fine with the idea of feeding to try to catch the pokemon. I do however believe we should keep areas that you can only enter if you have a bike, if you have surf, ect. Just so you can keep going back and finding new places.

Old January 10th, 2013, 10:50 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I feel like it was cool and all but it lacks excitement IMO, maybe something more like R/S/E where you can do more than add items, if it stays the same then I'll be like, whatever, if it comes xD
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I never bother with the Safari Zone, I would much rather they scatter the Wild Pokemon out around the region rather than enclose a group of more uncommon Pokemon in the same area.

Old January 11th, 2013, 06:52 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
I don't really want a safari zone,but,
If there actually is a safari zone,
I wouldn't mind rearranging areas,I still want it though.
And I like the idea "just get in and catch stuff".

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
If it does come back, I want it to be as simple as it was in all of the Generation III games (without the Pokeblocks of course).

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Xeninacra
Ripper

If they have in mind to include the Safari Zone, I hope it will be like the one in Gen I, please. I didn't like the other Safari Zones, they were annoying to explore

Allez, hop!
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:53 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'd like to see the Safari Zone make a comeback because it was fun catching the Pokémon there without having to actually battle them.

Old January 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

I am a fan of the classic Safari zone. Never really got into the whole Items thing. I would love to see safari zone return.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Arlo

Yeah - I missed having a Safari Zone in Unova. It's just nice to have a place where you can catch rare stuff that's not available anywhere else in the game.

And as noted, I'd just like to have a plain old Safari Zone - no mud bogs, no feeding stations, nothing like that. Just Safari Balls and two things to throw - one that increases catch rate but makes fleeing more likely and one that makes fleeing less likely but decreases catch rate. That was a nice, intriguing mechanic, and it worked just fine. Mix in some alternate paths and some surfing spots and maybe a bit of a maze with some nice items hidden here and there and you've got a winning Safari Zone.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I'd like the Safari Zone to come back, but ONLY if it's like Kanto's. Just simple, adventurous, catching with rarer Pokemon being deeper in. No placing stuff in and waiting, no rearranging areas(though it was kinda cool). I also like the throwing bait/rocks. I'd always bait it, and try to catch it. If it missed, I'd throw a rock in frustration. xD

Maybe it could have areas that require an HM to reach that contain its own Pokemon. Or increase the number of steps slightly to maybe 600-650? Like you could pay differently for different levels of "time" you want to spend there: $500 for the Basic Experience(500 steps, 30 balls), $700 for Tourist Experience(700 steps, 45 balls), and $1000 for the Full Experience(1000 steps, 60 balls). It would help those people who just didn't want to leave yet and would have to come right back in.
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid
It'd be neat if they added in an extra area with non-regional dex Pokemon after the main story, like they did in Emerald. :) I know most of us want a simple gen I style Safari Zone, but you gotta admit, what they did in Emerald was a nice touch!

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
If they bring back the Safari Zone, I hope that they make it like in R/B/Y, and add some rare pokemon. say all the other starters.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Old owner of: Red like roses ~ RWBY fan club
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:31 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
I'd love the Safari Zone to return in Generation VI. In saying that, I'd want the actual Safari Zone itself take on a Kanto-esque design. (Large and open landscape).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here