The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old January 10th, 2013, 05:09 AM
ealmeidajr
Unhatched Egg

Just arrived on Pokemon League with these pokemons:

Krookodile: lvl 56
Earthquake
Swagger
Rock Tomb
Foul Play

Samurott lvl 54
Blizzard
Strength
Surf
Aqua Tail

Vanilluxe lvl 52
Acid Armor
Ice Beam
Hail
Mirror Coat

Braviary lvl 55
Fly
Air Slash
Shadow Claw
Sky Drop

Sawsbuck lvl 53
Cut
Horn Leech
Jumo Kick
Aromatherapy

Arcanaine lvl 54
Flamethrower
ExtremeSpeed
Will-O-Wisp
Agility

Any TMs that I should give to my pokemons?
I fell that Vanilluxe needs something...
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:49 AM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
Yes, I believe it can. Make sure you have revival herbs and other healing items, you might need them.

You could teach blizzard to vaniluxe because it gets 100% accuracy on hail.
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:26 PM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
You could also teach is Flash Cannon for coverage.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Hikamaru
it's too cold for you here
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm assuming this is a Black 2/White 2 team? I need specification of the game you're playing so I can give an accurate review.

You need some moveset touch-ups pronto.

Cut is absolutely useless (only 50 Base Power) and it's not the best STAB for Sawsbuck. Teach it Return from the TM27. It does a lot of damage if Sawsbuck is really happy and gives STAB as well.

Ice Beam is the move you want to keep on Vanilluxe while Flash Cannon is for coverage. I say its moveset is OK right now so nothing much needs changing.

Air Slash is a no-no for Braviary due to its horrible Special Attack, try teaching it Return instead so it gets a Normal STAB move. Rock Slide is also recommended if it has Sheer Force.

For Krookodile, Crunch is definitely much superior than Foul Play, cos it has no drawbacks. Foul Play only hits hard on opponents with higher Attack stats, while Crunch has no such issue and is the best Dark STAB available. Rock Slide is also better than Rock Tomb due to having higher Base Power and the chance of flinching the foe.

Samurott doesn't really need two Water STABs, try replacing Aqua Tail with Megahorn, which you can reteach from the Reminder Girl at the PWT (Pokemon World Tournament) if you have a Heart Scale, it also gives Samurott coverage against Dark, Psychic and Grass-types. Also, if you have the TM for Ice Beam (obtained in Giant Chasm) it's a much more reliable option over Blizzard since Blizzard is terrible outside of Hail.

Arcanine's moveset looks pretty fine to me, so nothing much.

Paired with AWsquared, Isaac and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old January 11th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Modest
If you want to give your Pokemon more coverage, you could consider replacing one or two of, say, Samurott's water-type moves with something that can counter Electric-types or any of its other weaknesses in times of need. Surf is stronger, more accurate and more reliable than Aqua Tail, so you could think about it. Apply the same concept for all your other Pokemon and you should be up and running for your Pokemon League challenge. All the best! :)

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:24 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

To add to what everyone else is saying, try to get those pokemon over/at lvl60, simply to make it easier on you. Little bit of elbow grease might do you some good here. Good Luck

Regards, Chris
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links