The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM
kelario27
20% Cooler
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to kelario27
I was playing Pinball (GBA version) for the first time in about a year, and I completely demolished every single high score on my used copy from GameStop. I had about 270-odd million points with two lives left on the Sapphire board. For comparison, the highest score on my game was 206 million, made by the previous owner on the Ruby board. (My score didn't save because I had to kill the game quickly, and I didn't realize Start only quicksaves.) I figured it would be pretty fun to try and beat the world record. Does anyone know of a world record, or at least one for North America?

Please answer via PM; it's unlikely I'll come back here to check for one.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelario27 View Post
I was playing Pinball (GBA version) for the first time in about a year, and I completely demolished every single high score on my used copy from GameStop. I had about 270-odd million points with two lives left on the Sapphire board. For comparison, the highest score on my game was 206 million, made by the previous owner on the Ruby board. (My score didn't save because I had to kill the game quickly, and I didn't realize Start only quicksaves.) I figured it would be pretty fun to try and beat the world record. Does anyone know of a world record, or at least one for North America?

Please answer via PM; it's unlikely I'll come back here to check for one.
Records are pretty much in bilions.
Just check Serebii's forum thread.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:56 PM
kelario27
20% Cooler
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to kelario27
Holy. Crap. That's not even...*faints*
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Bey-Heart
Unhatched Egg

I currently need help with my team on Pokémon Stadium. I need a good team for beating the Elite Four, but it has to come from the stock Pokémon. I'm hoping to go through and unlock Mewtwo and some of the Pokémon that can be transfered to the GB games. I would use my team from Yellow Version, but I just started a new file.

So, does anybody have some good team suggestions to use against the Elite Four and the Champion in Stadium 1?
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
LittleBlue20
Unhatched Egg

Hello everyone!
Im new to forums and seeking advice. (So please tell me if I do something wrong).

My new boyfriend and I recently decided to play Pokemon Stadium and record it. Im a casual gamer, and Ive played the game before. My problem is I can never seem to beat him. I need some help! I demanded a rematch after my horrible loss, so this time I want to 1-Up him.

To find the video, search "boyfriend vs girlfriend video game faceoff pokemon stadium" on YouTube. It will be the third one down, posted 3 days ago by obiwan362.

Please tell me what I did wrong and what I need to do in our upcoming battle to win against him. Be brutal, I can take it

Thanks!
-LittleBlue20

Last edited by LittleBlue20; January 22nd, 2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old February 1st, 2013, 06:28 AM
guizerme
Unhatched Egg

I'm replaying PMDRed, and I have some questions. I'm using the emulator VBAm, and no cheats. However, when I'll battle some pokemon I can recruit, I save state, so if it doesn't befriend me, I try again :p
The problem is, some pokemon, as Rattata, which befriending rate is approx. 10%, can't befriend me. I already have their area, and yet it doesn't happen.
The strange thing is the same thing was happening to Nidoran(f), but then when I fought one, it suddenly befriended, without needing a second trying.

Why it happens ? Does somebody know the inner mechanism of befriending Pokemon in these games ? The chances I take, or anything alike ?

Thank you so much !
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by guizerme View Post
Hello there !
I'm replaying PMDRed, and I have some questions. I'm using the emulator VBAm, and no cheats. However, when I'll battle some pokemon I can recruit, I save state, so if it doesn't befriend me, I try again :p
The problem is, some pokemon, as Rattata, which befriending rate is approx. 10%, can't befriend me. I already have their area, and yet it doesn't happen.
The strange thing is the same thing was happening to Nidoran(f), but then when I fought one, it suddenly befriended, without needing a second trying.

Why it happens ? Does somebody know the inner mechanism of befriending Pokemon in these games ? The chances I take, or anything alike ?

Thank you so much !
Personally, you just sound unlucky. Btw, Nidoran(f) has a higher recruit rate than Rattata.
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Dragooncroft
Tomb Raider

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via ICQ to Dragooncroft Send a message via AIM to Dragooncroft
So I have been playing pokemon stadium 2 for over 10 years now, and my team is fair (don't get me wrong) but I really want all my pokemon so be shiny. I also want to manipulate happiness so I can make my Eevee evolve into an Umbreon and I want to change the stats of my pokemon to their maximum ability. I have pokemon silver and play it from the gameboy tower because my gameboy color is broken. I looked up Action replay and gameshark but there doesn't seem to be any code for shinies, and pokemon changes (i.e. make your level 20 eevee a level 50 umbreon). Can someone help? Thanks!

Review
I want:
To change a pokemon to another (or it's evolved form)
Max Stats
Shiny pokemon (especially)

Thank you so much! :D

Last edited by Dragooncroft; February 16th, 2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Minor omission fixed ;)
Old March 1st, 2013, 06:04 PM
Tournoiement

Nature: Careful
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky Question -

When I deleted Desmume and changed to a new version, I played Sky again but with a new game. Now the save doesn't work and it says Save File deleted.( On the first time I played PMD Sky I had the same problem on the guild but I forgot how i did that. )

Moon Prism Power, Make up!
Old March 1st, 2013, 07:27 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Sounds like an emulator problem, so try asking in emulation. This thread is for help within the game itself.

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:41 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tournoiement View Post
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky Question -

When I deleted Desmume and changed to a new version, I played Sky again but with a new game. Now the save doesn't work and it says Save File deleted.( On the first time I played PMD Sky I had the same problem on the guild but I forgot how i did that. )
Can you be specific which versions have you used?
Which one was the deleted and which one you use now?
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Satycorn89
Togepi

Hi everyone.
I have the game which is like brand new, Pokemon Battle Revolution for Wii but my Wii stopped working right after I got the game and I never had any chance to play it. The case is in Italian, and I guess so must be the game, but I want to give it to a friend as a gift.

Beforehand, I wanted to know, from any of you who might have played the game, can you change the language of this game in your Wii even if it's not in English?
I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Pokemon White Friend Code: 4213 2543 6289
Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I don't even think you'd be able to play the game if the region of the Wii and the game itself are different. The Wii is region locked. So your Italian PBR won't work on your, I assume, Amercan Wii and there's no way to change the language. Sorry. :(

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
Satycorn89
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I don't even think you'd be able to play the game if the region of the Wii and the game itself are different. The Wii is region locked. So your Italian PBR won't work on your, I assume, Amercan Wii and there's no way to change the language. Sorry.
The Wii is PAL and so is the Pokemon Game, but I am just unsure of whether I'm able to change the language or not, since the case of the game is in Italian but I've never played it myself....

Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:57 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satycorn89 View Post
The Wii is PAL and so is the Pokemon Game, but I am just unsure of whether I'm able to change the language or not, since the case of the game is in Italian but I've never played it myself....
I just checked as there isn't a change language option.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Satycorn89
Togepi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I just checked as there isn't a change language option.
Ahwww shoot ...
Thanks though

Old March 6th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Jolteon82☆
The Speedster

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Jolteon82☆
In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, what level should my pokemon be for mount battle area 10?
What strategies should I use to defeat the leader?
Old March 6th, 2013, 12:41 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon82☆ View Post
In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, what level should my pokemon be for mount battle area 10?
Well the Pokémon are around level 60-70, so you'd want to be around there.

It'll be easiest if your Pokémon are stronger, I'd say hit hard and fast, because their team is made up of almost all hard hitters.
See their team here
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon82☆ View Post
If you have the right movesets on your team, 60 or late 50 is pretty enough.
I remember going there with 60s and it was good enough =)
Be careful of legendaries, though They may surprise you =)
Old March 7th, 2013, 11:25 AM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
I went through Mt Battle in XD using what I call "Gen 1" strategy.

Basically, I only used a Lugia and a Dragonite, both of them had Earthquake (as well as a few other moves that would take care of flying Pokémon). Since they themselves are flying they don't harm each other with it. So I just spammed Earthquake turn after turn, and occasionally used Hydro Pump, Psycho Boost, Hyper Beam etc to take down flyers. The first time I attempted to get from Area 1 to 10 (to get my Gen 2 starters) , I lost in early Area 10, but the second time I succeeded. Just like in Gen 1, Earthquake owned most of my opponents :D .

The champion is a different story though. Double Earthquake is a must if you want to get rid of his Slaking as quickly as possible (and believe me, you'll want to) , but the Lati@s (he has both) and his Salamence will give you trouble.
Old March 7th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Sven

Nature: Relaxed
I need help with something. I finally went through the whole Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I did all the missions, captured all Pokemon. Now I downloaded and played missions with Dialga and Palkia...now what? D: Why can't I get all the other missions, four of them. How do I obtain them?
Old March 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
I need help with something. I finally went through the whole Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I did all the missions, captured all Pokemon. Now I downloaded and played missions with Dialga and Palkia...now what? D: Why can't I get all the other missions, four of them. How do I obtain them?
The other downloadable missions were for a limited time only, sorry.
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Sven

Damn, I guess I got through whole game. After Regigigas, capture arena, and extra missions there is nothing else really to do besides getting your capturer to lvl. 100, right?
Old March 8th, 2013, 02:03 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSvenx View Post
Damn, I guess I got through whole game. After Regigigas, capture arena, and extra missions there is nothing else really to do besides getting your capturer to lvl. 100, right?
Unfortunately, yes. You can only really restart and play again.
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Sven

Too bad. I guess I am moving on to PMD Explorers of Darkness :D
Thanks for info.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links