The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame999 View Post
how to make wild battles like Zapdos and Mewtwo since i want to put them in my hacks of fire red and two hoenn hacks
Put their OW on a map by using Advanced Map and then make a script for wildbattle.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Flame999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Put their OW on a map by using Advanced Map and then make a script for wildbattle.
that's the problem I have the ow set it's just making the script is the problem i've seem lots of tut a wild battles but i can't make heads or tails of it to say the least
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites
- New Map for Hoenn (replace Sevii islands)
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Gym leaders
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Elite four and Champions

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Brane
-

Quote:
that's the problem I have the ow set it's just making the script is the problem i've seem lots of tut a wild battles but i can't make heads or tails of it to say the least
There are lots of tutorials in the tutorials section, the trick is being patient and want to understand how it all works. Starting from the beginning is always the first step but some people seem to want to rush straight into the more complicated stuff. I'd recommend having a folder with a spare ROM to test your scripts and then just save them as text files when they work. Or you could go a step further and study and break down in game scripts to see how they work.

Nobody is going to do all your scripts for you.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
An old program called poketronic will make a basic wild battle script for you, but if you want anything more than the battle, you are going to have to edit it yourself.

Paired with Simba
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Krika
Unhatched Egg

Right. I know that there is a patch somewhere for Emerald that makes all the Pokemon names (and possibly moves and abilities, I don't remember all that well) all in titlecase (so Pikachu instead of PIKACHU). I cannot find it again.

Does anyone have any idea where it might have hidden itself?
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
I have a very weird specific question.

My husband is testing my hack and he ran into a shiny gligar. He threw the only ball he had on him, a master ball, and caught it. However, it turned into a bad egg. He's since tested the master ball on other wild pokemon and they haven't become bad eggs...any ideas?

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old January 12th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Flame999

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
An old program called poketronic will make a basic wild battle script for you, but if you want anything more than the battle, you are going to have to edit it yourself.
I Have that program and it's just to catch the legendary Pokemon and maybe a few others
I used the program but how do make it vanish from the screen
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites

Last edited by Flame999; January 12th, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Ok, I got a question...

So I have succesfully replaced the FireRed Battle Background! Yay! ^_^

Now here's the problem when I enter the battle it looks like this.

So anyone having the same problem and have a way to fix this? I think this is something with the raw pallete map right? Or maybe something to do with the palletes.
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:01 PM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Quote:
I Have that program and it's just to catch the legendary Pokemon and maybe a few others
I used the program but how do make it vanish from the screen
Once you create the script, which it will do for any pokemon, just search through the menus, make sure you put it into a place where there is nothig but free space so you can edit it. Add the comand hidesprite 0x(person number) to the part of the script you want it to disappear at. Then set an unsed flag. Set the number of that flag to the person id of the sprite in amap. This will make it stay gone when the flag is set.

Paired with Simba
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:10 PM
masterquestmq
Enthusiastic Rom Hacker

Haven't open up my hacking folder for a while
why does XSE 1.1.1 crash everytime I open it? Did something happen to the program?
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:23 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterquestmq View Post
Haven't open up my hacking folder for a while
why does XSE 1.1.1 crash everytime I open it? Did something happen to the program?
This is answered here many times already but let me answer in the XSE folder in the settings file open it and search AutoUpdateCheck = 1 change one to 0 and your good.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Moridin
Unhatched Egg

I want a trainer to "reactivate" when you leave and reenter an area, but have not found a way to actually make a trainer challenge you a second time. This is not a VS. Seeker rematch, nor someone you speak to. I simply want the trainer to act as if you had not defeated them the first time, seeing and challenging you as usual.

Unfortunately, I don't know what offset the flag for this is at: the trainerbattle command handles this automatically.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:35 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Ok, I got a question...

So I have succesfully replaced the FireRed Battle Background! Yay!

So anyone having the same problem and have a way to fix this? I think this is something with the raw pallete map right? Or maybe something to do with the palletes.
This might be a complicated job but maybe not. In any way, you're possibly going to have to re-code something with assembly.

If you open VBA's "Palette Viewer", you can notice the palettes are loaded to ram starting at 0x05000000. I might be able to help you out better if I knew what the palette map would look like in your hack but in original FireRed, it looks like the battle background palette starts at 0x05000042 (I noticed this by checking how the palette ram was affected in the first rival battle in Oak's lab when the palettes turn gray during Oak's speech.

So somewhere in that region, probably before 0x050000C0 (where some black palette data is located, again in original FireRed) you have some tiles using their palette as 0x7FFF (FF 7F) or values similar to that, leading into the white screen being part of battle background.

You should somehow debug how those palettes are loaded and by modifying some routines, change them into similar values that represent the new battle background you have got there.

And this job is far from impossible but it is actual rom hacking

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Flame999

Quote:
Once you create the script, which it will do for any pokemon, just search through the menus, make sure you put it into a place where there is nothig but free space so you can edit it. Add the comand hidesprite 0x(person number) to the part of the script you want it to disappear at. Then set an unsed flag. Set the number of that flag to the person id of the sprite in amap. This will make it stay gone when the flag is set.
My set sprites vanished once i leave the screen but shouldn't it vanish right away I'm using PKSV-UI for the flag list since i don't know where one is
Scratch that I saw on a tut a comment of a Kygore thing that got my results and my Kygore vanished right away after catching it
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites

Last edited by Flame999; January 13th, 2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old January 13th, 2013, 02:11 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
This might be a complicated job but maybe not. In any way, you're possibly going to have to re-code something with assembly.

If you open VBA's "Palette Viewer", you can notice the palettes are loaded to ram starting at 0x05000000. I might be able to help you out better if I knew what the palette map would look like in your hack but in original FireRed, it looks like the battle background palette starts at 0x05000042 (I noticed this by checking how the palette ram was affected in the first rival battle in Oak's lab when the palettes turn gray during Oak's speech.

So somewhere in that region, probably before 0x050000C0 (where some black palette data is located, again in original FireRed) you have some tiles using their palette as 0x7FFF (FF 7F) or values similar to that, leading into the white screen being part of battle background.

You should somehow debug how those palettes are loaded and by modifying some routines, change them into similar values that represent the new battle background you have got there.

And this job is far from impossible but it is actual rom hacking ;)
Hmm.... Mine starts at 0x05000042... :/

It seems I just replaced the wrong battle background I guess cause when I look in the Map viewer those white background was beside it.

I replaced the sprite #3 in UNLZ so is it the right sprite to replace in UNLZ for the grass background?
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
wierddude22
New hacker

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to wierddude22 Send a message via Skype™ to wierddude22
Spoiler:

Yeah, I made a trainer script added it in but then that happens when i am a step away from said trainer. (It happens on all trainers)
This only happens if the trainer box is ticked. The script works fine if you talk to them.
Also if you battle them then they notice you again (By talking to the side then walking in front of them)

Is this fixable or am i going to have to start again?
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:48 AM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
I want a trainer to "reactivate" when you leave and reenter an area, but have not found a way to actually make a trainer challenge you a second time. This is not a VS. Seeker rematch, nor someone you speak to. I simply want the trainer to act as if you had not defeated them the first time, seeing and challenging you as usual.

Unfortunately, I don't know what offset the flag for this is at: the trainerbattle command handles this automatically.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Okay, just make a level script that has this in it:

setrainerflag 0x(trainer #)

Now, everytime you enter the map, it should set the flag and allow you to battle them. Trainers have their own set of flags and it is simply just their number.

I know what you're thinking, shouldn't the flag be clear to battle? Just for anyone seeing this, trainer flags work oposite of regular flags. I saw a post once that explained why, and it's not really backwards, but I can't remember exactly how he put it. So, it's easiest just to remember it as backwards.

Paired with Simba
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:48 PM
YogiBerra

Does anyone know how I would go about writing a script to return the player to the title screen?
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:35 PM
karatekid552

I know that there are a few specials that are "corrupt" and will reset the game to just after gameboy introduction when the copyright comes up. Are you looking for this effect, like after the credits finish rolling, or directly to the titlescreen?

Paired with Simba
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBerra View Post
Does anyone know how I would go about writing a script to return the player to the title screen?
Code:
callasm 0x800000
That will restart the game.
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Ok, I got a question...

So I have succesfully replaced the FireRed Battle Background! Yay! ^_^

It looks like you've only partially set which palette your background should use, rather than all of it. If you open your tileset/ tilemap combo in NTME, scroll down and switch to the palette view there should be a large section of the tilemap which has a different palette to the one you want. Reassign the palette used by these tiles, reinsert the tilemap and everything should look okay in-game.

It also looks like the white tiles are repeating over and over again, so I'm assuming that you haven't edited the lower half of the tilemap at all. You're going to have to do this as well if you want a seamless transition in the opening battlescreen.
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:52 PM
YogiBerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthatron View Post
Code:
callasm 0x800000
That will restart the game.
Thank you very much, Darthatron.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Ok i know this questions already been answered quite a few times but whenever i open up my XSE 1.1.1 it crashes when i try to batch my compiler, i've already set the Autoupdatecheck to =0.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:49 AM
CrystalRose
Maiden

Nature: Docile
I know this might sound like a noob question since I'm new to the community and all..... and I've tried to search already before asking, especially on some mapping tutorials, but still no luck.

I'd like to know where can I get "custom graphics resources" to input on my own hack. I mean:

Like on those hacks. Stuff like the snow graphics, the "swamp like trees", the spider thing..... etc.

I'd be glad if someone could link me to a place so I can get them.
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:21 AM
klemniops
Unhatched Egg

I have some questions about person events:
  1. If I use a script to move a person event from one place to another, how can I have that event stay in the place when I warp away from and back to that map?
  2. How can I have an event start hidden? I have a map with many rock smash person events, but I don't want them to be visible until a level script is run.
Thanks.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here