The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Old January 10th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Forever
let it go

So while player owned gyms were discussed, the chance of you being a champion was not. For years we've wanted to stay on as champions and become the champion once we've deleted the elite four. Say it's possible in these games, would you be interested in sticking around, or at least something like coming back once a day to take on someone, or you forfeit your champion position, with the money being a set amount each time? Do you think it's possible for these games? Why or why not?
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
I think it would be possible. That was one of the things that always bothered me in the other games, you become the champion and you go back to re-battle the E4 and it seems like your not even champion. I want it to mean something when you earn the title of champion. I like the sound of this, I hope they do this.

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Most of the generations have had the tradition of when you've become the champion and finished the game... you can go back to the Pokémon League to battle the Elite Four and Champion once again. So I would assume it would happen in these games as well.

But what if it was possible to remain as the champion in the game? Well for me... I would interested in coming back once a day to take on someone, but then after a while I would feel like forfeiting anyways, 'cause you'd automatically forfeit if you didn't come back once a day. :P

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Relith
Togepi

I remember after you beat the elite 4 in Gen 2 games, there was an area in the 2nd town (I don't remember the name at all :p) but when you went in there, it had the best music I've ever heard in any of the pokemon games. I originally thought it was your own pokemon gym, but I was wrong, so..
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Yep, I also hate when re-battling they don't even act like they know you. I'd love to be able to retain my position as Champion, and once in a while take on a challenger. It'd be cool if you had to stick with a certain team for awhile also, so you cant just rock up with any random team.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:09 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

I think it would be fun and would add to replayability if we were able to remain a champion(as of now barely anyone acknowledges it) and had to defend the title. Hell, it would be nice if we could be recognized as the champion all over a bit more.

I think it would be interesting to have something like randomized tournaments that we could optionally view bits of(whole thing or parts, as in an option to leave whenever) to get a general idea of who our next possible challengers could be. If you'd like it to remain a surprise, then don't view them. It would be something outside of online battling that could perform the illusion of competition to be at the top.

Actually, a tournament would be fun in general(it could be beyond VR) to determine who faces the E4/Champion; It's one of the things I really enjoy about B2W2's PWT and can enjoy over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Yep, I also hate when re-battling they don't even act like they know you. I'd love to be able to retain my position as Champion, and once in a while take on a challenger. It'd be cool if you had to stick with a certain team for awhile also, so you cant just rock up with any random team.
I really like the idea of having to keep a certain team intact for a period of time(i guess for facing challengers only at least?) because, after all, your team at that point should be among your favorites/best anyways; Or maybe allow you to at least swap out a Poke every so often.

Last edited by C Payne; January 11th, 2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:27 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
I wish that would happen,
but yeah it may be possible,
like Alder leaving the Pokemon League.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Payne View Post
I really like the idea of having to keep a certain team intact for a period of time(i guess for facing challengers only at least?) because, after all, your team at that point should be among your favorites/best anyways; Or maybe allow you to at least swap out a Poke every so often.
Yep, after all, the Champion needs their Trademark team and Pokemon. But of course you'd be able to switch and swap Pokemon every once in a while, you would not wanna get stuck with the same team you bet the league with.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Most of the generations have had the tradition of when you've become the champion and finished the game... you can go back to the Pokémon League to battle the Elite Four and Champion once again. So I would assume it would happen in these games as well.

But what if it was possible to remain as the champion in the game? Well for me... I would interested in coming back once a day to take on someone, but then after a while I would feel like forfeiting anyways, 'cause you'd automatically forfeit if you didn't come back once a day. :P
Well I figure that if this were to happen that the previous champion would have to challenge you every week and take you on or something along those lines, and if they win then they become the champion like before. And the process starts all over again.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
You should have the option to go back to the Champion's Room once you have defeated the Elite Four and be able to take on a series of trainers, each with randomly generated tactical teams.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:34 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
I want this. I need this. I've been waiting for this.

I'd love to be able to keep my position at the Pokemon League and have challengers battle you every few days or so. I'd like the challengers to be diverse though. There's nothing worse than battling the same trainer over and over again.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:44 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
A Champion title defense mechanic would be welcome, but one thing I do like is battling the original champions in the game, so unless they have it so the previous champion also comes to challenge you, or at least is battle-able outside of the league, then chances are it won't happen.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Correspondence

Yeah, that always bugged me.You beat the champion and people act like nothing ever happened.I mean at least throw a party or something.But on topic just staying in an empty room isn't that appealing either.
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'd love this; this was like, what happened to Red on pokemon manga, and hey, I'd have no problem be challenged by random trainers in the land~ Although, I think most of them would be -nervous- instead of willing, but, this would be a nice concept~!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
I feel like the game screws me over when I become champion. While rebattling the Elite Four and the Champion is a nice way to get some EXP, how about when you become champion a set number of trainers come up to battle you daily, and this may sometimes include some Elite Four members who want to pull a Lance.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
I feel like the game screws me over when I become champion. While rebattling the Elite Four and the Champion is a nice way to get some EXP, how about when you become champion a set number of trainers come up to battle you daily, and this may sometimes include some Elite Four members who want to pull a Lance.
Or maybe they're just testing themselves against the best (the E4 members doing that, that is!) They don't necessarily wanna be the best, but to sharpen themselves, and if they face you every few days to test themselves that'd be interesting (especially if you lose to them... which means you might lose the champion status??)
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:28 AM
fffire24
Unhatched Egg

It would be interesting to have some sort of character progression through owning a gym. The more rpg elements the better. The one thing I've never understood is through the anime, to become champion you have to win that regions pokemon league. I'd be interested in the concept of merging the E4 with the Pokemon League tournament. You have to win the tournament to become champion and every so often you have to defend your title to gain very unique rewards. The only issue I see is that the pokemon games have never really accomplished the Pokemon league environment of the anime, in the game.
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
I think it would be a cool idea of going back once a day to face a challenger. it would give me something else to train off of
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Becoming champion just ends the game; you somehow become indestructible and might just stay inside the plateau for eternity just battling rookie trainers.
IMO what would be better is extending the number of side-quests/adventures so that the game goes on for a bit longer after the E4.
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:59 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't think it'd work very well, I do however think that fact that you are the champion and that you have been them before should be recognised and be mentioned when you battle the champion.
Old January 26th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
Becoming champion just ends the game; you somehow become indestructible and might just stay inside the plateau for eternity just battling rookie trainers.
IMO what would be better is extending the number of side-quests/adventures so that the game goes on for a bit longer after the E4.
Thing is they'd have to be good enough to be able to get there, and not necessarily rookie. :x You could possibly earn a lot of money and experience for taking on these trainers and actually winning!
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Theory_
Unhatched Egg

Would be cool, but annoying if you had to go back everyday or forfeit your position.
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theory_ View Post
Would be cool, but annoying if you had to go back everyday or forfeit your position.
I always remember in Gold/Silver/Crystal Versions when you battled Red in the depths of Silver Cave, which I'd assume he forfeit his position at the Pokémon League in place for Lance.

But other than that, if that sort of system really did come into effect Pokémon X and Y, it would probably be something like a ranking system similar to how it was in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in Glitzville to those who have played the game before. And after the credits have rolled and stuff, then you'd go back and have the choice of forfeiting or battling.

Something that I'd enjoy though, but at the same time quite difficult to go back there every single week or so to keep that position. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:44 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
It'd be cool if you could go back there when you wanted. What about if a new trainer appeared to battle you every hour? You wouldn't have to stay there obviously, just go when you please. It'd be a great way to train your higher levelled Pokemon post-game.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 26th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
That'd be so cool if that feature were to be implemented! I've always found that after I've defeated the game, I really don't want to play anymore. There's not too much to do and I feel as if I have to move on to another game because everything has already been completed. That'd be interesting, though, if you had like a prospective trainer/challenger come by every now and then to challenge you. It would certainly be something different, although I don't see it happening as GameFreak likes to keep traditions running throughout each of the games.

Sponsored Links