The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:51 PM
latioslegends
What worries you masters you

Nature: Quirky
I hope they allow migrating from fourth gen games. I bailed out on fifth gen.

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by latioslegends View Post
I hope they allow migrating from fourth gen games. I bailed out on fifth gen.
They might surprise us and do that Along side allowing transfer from Gen V Games seeing as though both games were on the Nintendo DS
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Wiilio
Friendly neighborhood fatman

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wiilio Send a message via Skype™ to Wiilio
Well then, I stand corrected.

Still, I'd never rule out Game Freak shaking things up. They don't NEED a reason to do it. They just have to put it in.

I'm not saying they WILL, but I'm also not saying they won't. I'd urge you to all keep it in mind, though, just in case it does happen. You really never know.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King, Jr
Paired with Goo <3
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:20 PM
latioslegends
What worries you masters you

Quote:
They might surprise us and do that Along side allowing transfer from Gen V Games seeing as though both games were on the
Hopefully so, but the tend has generally been: 3rd>4rth>5th. Keeping my fingers crossed. =)

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I would really hope that Pokémon X and Y allow migrating from Black/White/Black 2/White 2, otherwise it would be a shame to have to gain all the event Pokémon from scratch.

But I'd be positive that Game Freak would implement a migration feature of some sort that allows transferring of your old Pokémon from Black/White/Black 2/White 2. :)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:03 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
yeah migrating from B/W/B2/W2 would be great.
I think they would make that feature,if not then they should allow us to get all pokemon in the game.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:07 AM
enigmα.
Community Supporter

There should be a feature like that, after all, we did see Unova Pokemon in the trailer. If not, it would be quite a fail.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:53 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Yeah I think that there will be a way, maybe something similar to migrating to Gen VI, that would be fun xD
and if we can't well, I might not migrate anything anyway so :P xD
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:21 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Maybe they make a spin off that carries out pokemon into a box on the Nintendo 3DS, than when we use our X and Y we can upload those pokemon similar to how we got pokemon and items from Radar.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

I'm actually hoping that Gen 6 doesn't allow migrating Pokemon from Gen 5, so it could give GF a perfect excuse to create the R/S remakes for the 3DS and include Pokemon that weren't on XY's regional dex nor post-game areas. That way, all of this outcry for the remakes can finally be put to rest.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

I'm guessing that they'll stick to Gen V's methods of having at least two DS's to transfer pokemon to Pal Park, which btw, I really hope that this time they won't incorporate some sort of minigame to it because it took waaay too long imo. ;__;

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
When they did it with Ruby and Sapphire only like 60-70 of the 251 old Pokemon were included and since there was so many complaints, they had to make FireRed and LeafGreen (and Colosseum) so it could be possible to have all of the non-event Pokemon. So unless Game Freak wants to make a slew of other games so we can catch 'em all, we're most likely going to be able to import Pokemon from Gen V.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Arlo

I've never bothered with it myself - the only things I've done like that are transferring the best pokemon from one gen into one game (Emerald in gen III, Platinum in gen IV and I haven't done it yet in gen V) so that I can restart the other games. I always catch and use new pokemon in new games, so there's never any reason to transfer between gens.

That said, I would presume that transfer will be possible between the DS games and the 3DS games. Really, the only thing that would make it impossible would be if they make some fundamental changes to the pokemon themselves - like the special stat split between gens I and II or the addition of natures and abilities between gens II and III.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
I was thinking about this. I seriously hope migration is possible. I won't be surprised if we can't do it though. I wouldn't be able to anyway, I only have one device.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
I have been wondering about this as well, I am curious to see how it'll work, since the other games are on the DS and the new ones are 3DS...

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I'm going to be the complete oddball and say that I really hope we can't transfer our Pokemon...

It might just be me but in my Gen V files and even Gen IV, I have so many Pokemon that are just clustered onto one game from migrating in past generations, and it has a domino effect in Gen V because you can get Pokemon from RSE, Colo/XD, FRLG, DPPt, and HGSS and I know that it helps tons with getting Pokemon that aren't otherwise accessible, but I feel like the domino effect is just going to get progressively worse with each generation.

I know it'd be otherwise impossible for us to get all 700+ Pokemon on one game without transferring, yet that's how Ruby and Sapphire were until the GameCube games and FRLG were introduced. So hopefully we get RS remakes and other games that'll provide that accessibility...

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old January 12th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I.T.
The Pokémon Cartel

Nature: Jolly
If Eevee is able to evolve into Leafeon in X and Y, my opinion on migrating pokes is neutral.. BUT if there isn't some type of moss rock in X and Y, they better incorporate a way to transfer your old pokes to the new games cause I need my Leafeon *angry face*
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Sagiri

Gen V migration is pretty much a given, just speaking realistically.

What I'm worried about is direct migration from Gen IV.

I have a complete living Pokedex on Pearl version, and I really, really don't want to have to transfer 493 Pokemon twice (once to get them on Gen V, then again to get them on Gen VI).

Also, without allowing to transfer from Gen IV directly, to transfer anything from Gen III would be extremely irritating (you'd literally have to go through every generation).
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deokishisu View Post
The 3DS can already read data from the current generation with the Dream Radar, so at least we've got that going for us.

I'd say that the only way we're not getting migration is if the base mechanics of Pokemon are changing. Things like how stats work, or experience, or IVs and EVs and such. Though, with how groundbreaking this generation looks, I wouldn't be surprised if we got an overhaul just like that that breaks compatibility.
I'd actually be okay with this. If GF somehow invents a new stat system that does away with how IVs are handed out, and in turn makes RNGing almost pointless (bear in mind, I'm actually okay with RNG being used to get max stats), then I could understand if previous-gen Pokemon couldn't be transferred. Or it could even mess with Gen 4/5 IVs depending on how Gen VI's stat system works -- that is, if GF even makes a new one.

I honestly think GF needs to do something about IVs, because they must know by now that tournament players have cracked their codes time and again to make their Pokemon the best they can be, so I'd say it's about time they try a new approach to making a Pokemon unique and yet at the same time still optimal for competitive use.

But yeah, If the Dream Radar could interact with DS games, then transferring Pokemon from DS games is still doable. I imagine that Nintendo could make a 3DS app that stores the Pokemon you send from your Gen IV and V games and allows you to send them to X/Y later.

Also, might be slightly off-topic, but I'd even be okay if GF stopped using the Dream World; honestly, having us manage two Dream Worlds is a bit inconvenient, but three Dream Worlds would be unreasonable. Although, it certainly doesn't help that there's a limit on how long you can play, but then when I heard your items get taken away after a certain amount of days, that was a real letdown. Dream World honestly started to bore me after a while. I guess I just don't enjoy endless online games, even if it's about Pokemon, the most addictive thing in the world. Try something else, Game Freak. =P

Last edited by Blue Emerald; January 12th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Part of me wants migrating to be incorporated, as I've spent countless hours on my Pokemon, so why shouldn't I be able to use them? However, if they remove migration, it'll stop things like RNG'd and hacked Pokemon from being used (personally I don't use either, but I'm sure it would cause an outcry with those who do). And with no backwards-compatibility, it opens up the floor to more remakes, since I doubt all Pokemon will be able to be found in X and Y. And just like HG/SS, I'm sure that any Ruby/Sapphire remakes are as good as printing money.

If I were Game Freak or Nintendo, I wouldn't have any sort of migration, because it will add up to more overall sales in the long run. But as a gamer, though, I sincerely hope that migration is included.
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
I will not be happy if we could no longer migrate i still have a broken blue ds just for migration purposes i feel that if youve trained it youve earned it im still mad i cant trade GI and GII
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

Though I also did bail out on Gen 5. Don't know why. But thinking of reconsider on actually playing the games. So hope they input migration, or ill be a mixed reaction panda. But is Pokemon X and Y consider Gen 6? Or is the title of this thread a trick?
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
I personally am not going to transfer anything to my new game (except trophy Pokemon) unless the Pokemon is unobtainable and even then I am only going to transfer level 1 versions of the Pokemon. I'm not trading over any really well trained Pokemon.

But i think the creators know that now people put a lot of effort into training there Pokemon, catching shinnies, Iv breeding and what ever so i think they will make a way to trade over again. I doubt it will be two ways i think it will be a migrating system again.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
My friend Wiilio brought up migrating Pokemon in Gen 6. I realized that you could migrate from Gen 1 to Gen 2, but not to Gen 3. What if they make it the same way for 4/5/6. Gen 4 to Gen 5, but no transfer to Gen 6?
Would you be okay with this?
Do you have any Pokemon in the current games that you really want to bring to X an Y?
Since generation 3, Pokemon has gone more competitive and allowed players to enter vg tournaments than the generation 1 and 2. The inability to migrate Pokemon from past games would really waste the efforts of some players who have trained and shaped their pokemon and start all over again.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
The_Mew

Well, Seeing as Gen V and Gen IV Both use the DS, wouldnt it also be possible to migrate pokemon directly to Gen VI? Im not an expert on this, but it does make some sense, also, i dont have a copy of a gen 5 game, and all my pokemon are in Pearl, so it would be really nice for me
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links