The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:04 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
If you guys are worried about the upcoming Star Wars movie, maybe this will cheer you up.

Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are all coming back to take back their roles as Luke, Han and Leia, since the story will be taking in the future after the events of the last movie.

So Disney looks like they know what they're doing, am I right or wrong? And the Prince of Persia movie was actually really good and it came from Disney.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
I'm 90% certain Disney had nothing to do with the Star Wars decisions. Which is kind of the point I keep making. But on the other hand, what you said may be of reassurance to others nevertheless, so I guess it's good news either way.

Good news in the sense that people won't blame Disney for Lucas Arts disasters, anyway.

As for Prince of Persia, I'm unfamliar, but I do think that is a Disney film. Never really researched the live action side of Disney save for what studios were underneath them. I think I heard good things about Prince of Persia, but eh, I wanted to be an animator, not an actor.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old January 17th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
There are a whole litany of issues relating to The Walt Disney Company as a corporate entity but, in the interest of space and NOT boring people to death, I'll just talk about my fondness for the animated canon. (Although DisneyWar is a very good book to read about the corporate shenanigans of the Michael Eisner era; read it if you want to understand the Family Guy jokes about the man!)

My favourite Disney features are the older ones: your Pinocchios, your Dumbos and the like. It's probably partly due to nostalgia but there is some great animation and storytelling in those oldies, and many moments in them (the dancing elephants, the whale etc) have stayed with me ever since childhood, so that's certainly saying something. The ones made after Walt's death were slightly more hit-and-miss, but I do have a nostalgic fondness for Robin Hood. I haven't watched it in at least 10 years, so it might just be nostalgia on that point, but I definitely loved it when I was about 9-years-old. As for the Renaissance of the '90s, I like but don't love most of them. The songs are, justifiably lauded, but I can't really remember what happens in a lot of them, which is a shame, certainly. And nowadays we're back to the hit-and-miss period of the 70s/80s: Wreck-it-Ralph was awesome, but I have no real affection for many of the others. Hopefully the influence of John Lasseter will help steer the ship right and make more WIRs and fewer Chicken Littles.

Sponsored Links