The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:09 AM
xalien95
Creator of Pkmn Omicron [ITA]

Send a message via Skype™ to xalien95
I found this error while I was changing the camera value in "Map headers".
Pokémon Pearl Version (ITA)

Spoiler:
Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.OverflowException: Valore troppo grande o troppo piccolo per un Unsigned Byte.
in System.Byte.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
in System.Convert.ToByte(String value)
in WindowsFormsApplication1.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
Versione assembly: 4.0.0.0
Versione Win32: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SDSME
Versione assembly: 1.6.1.0
Versione Win32: 1.6.1.0
Base di codice: file:///D:/Program%20Files/%5BHacking%20Rom%20NDS%5D%20Tools/SDSME161/SDSME.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
Versione assembly: 1.0.0.5
Versione Win32: 1.0.0.5
Base di codice: file:///D:/Program%20Files/%5BHacking%20Rom%20NDS%5D%20Tools/SDSME161/Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
System.Drawing.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Core
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Tao.OpenGl
Versione assembly: 2.1.0.12
Versione Win32: 2.1.0.12
Base di codice: file:///D:/Program%20Files/%5BHacking%20Rom%20NDS%5D%20Tools/SDSME161/Tao.OpenGl.DLL
HelixToolkit
Versione assembly: 2011.10.1.0
Versione Win32: 2011.10.1
Base di codice: file:///D:/Program%20Files/%5BHacking%20Rom%20NDS%5D%20Tools/SDSME161/HelixToolkit.DLL
PresentationCore
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
WindowsBase
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
Accessibility
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Xml
Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** Debug JIT **************
Per abilitare il debug JIT, è necessario impostare il valore
jitDebugging nella sezione system.windows.forms del file di configurazione
dell'applicazione o del computer (machine.config).
L'applicazione inoltre deve essere compilata con il debug
abilitato.

Ad esempio:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Quando il debug JIT è abilitato, tutte le eccezioni non gestite
vengono inviate al debugger JIT registrato nel computer,
anziché essere gestite da questa finestra di dialogo.

I've tried to change some tileset's textures, but some of them have the same palette, so with MKDS I can import image+palette and I cannot import only images or only palettes.
Is there another way to do it? I would import palette and images separately, does someone know other tools?

Thanks in advance.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
This is strange... I'm italian so the language in my computer is italian but when i open the tool it appear in english. Why?
I'll add a manual language switch for those who have problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post
I found this error while I was changing the camera value in "Map headers".
Pokémon Pearl Version (ITA)

I've tried to change some tileset's textures, but some of them have the same palette, so with MKDS I can import image+palette and I cannot import only images or only palettes.
Is there another way to do it? I would import palette and images separately, does someone know other tools?

Thanks in advance.
You're the second person to report that bug, and I have no idea why it happens. But it looks like there's something wrong when converting header values to bytes, and maybe I forgot to make a setting explicit. I'll look at it now.

I want to make an own texture and palette editor, with separate options. For now the only way is MKDS, but I think you can avoid that problem if you change the order of the palette colours when indexing, so the multiple images use the exact same palette in the same order.

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
I'll add a manual language switch for those who have problems
Many thanks. Then this new feature will be in version 1.7.0?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Spiky how can i edit maps?? i have google skethup with plugins but i dont know how to edit the map

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
$_$
?????????

Send a message via AIM to $_$
Hey Spiky-Eared Pichu, would you ever be intereseted in build the ds map editor for windows phone, seeing as you built the program in c#, am I correct?

Great job by the way, let PokeMon hacking live on :)
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:49 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
I have a new version for you. It's not a major release, but it's nonetheless important, because it fixes the following:
  • Tileset freezes
  • Diamond and Pearl header saving (USA version was not affected by this bug, apparently)
  • Language problems (added a language selector)
As usual, you can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Quote:
Originally Posted by $_$ View Post
Hey Spiky-Eared Pichu, would you ever be intereseted in build the ds map editor for windows phone, seeing as you built the program in c#, am I correct?

Great job by the way, let PokeMon hacking live on
Thanks, but I don't think SDSME would be ideal for these devices. It's a very complex program, which uses lots of resources and external files, and I'm not sure if the performance would be acceptable. But thanks, anyways

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 3rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
I have a new version for you. It's not a major release, but it's nonetheless important, because it fixes the following:
  • Tileset freezes
  • Diamond and Pearl header saving (USA version was not affected by this bug, apparently)
  • Language problems (added a language selector)
As usual, you can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Thanks, but I don't think SDSME would be ideal for these devices. It's a very complex program, which uses lots of resources and external files, and I'm not sure if the performance would be acceptable. But thanks, anyways
Spiky why am i only get corrupted results when add Objects to the map. Building works just fine but not objects likes trees etc.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:59 AM
xalien95

Amazing! 1.6.2 is perfect!

Now I'm waiting for your texture tool ;]
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
Amazing! 1.6.2 is perfect!

Now I'm waiting for your texture tool ;]
Could you plz tell how you made it look 3 like. And how did change the trees.

Old January 4th, 2013, 03:29 AM
xalien95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
Could you plz tell how you made it look 3 like. And how did change the trees.
I'm using Pokémon Pearl, to change the camera you have to find in the Map headers the map #411 (from 411 to 417 there are maps of the first town) and to set the camera to 9.

To change the trees you have to export the Tileset 6 from the Map editor tab, then the Tileset editor tab, to open it with MKDS and edit textures and palettes with that tool. Then save and import it again in your rom. The texture you have to change are "conttre_b", "conttre_t" and "tree01". Pay attention to the palette of conttre because these texture have the same palette.
Old January 4th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:

I'm using Pokémon Pearl, to change the camera you have to find in the Map headers the map #411 (from 411 to 417 there are maps of the first town) and to set the camera to 9.

To change the trees you have to export the Tileset 6 from the Map editor tab, then the Tileset editor tab, to open it with MKDS and edit textures and palettes with that tool. Then save and import it again in your rom. The texture you have to change are "conttre_b", "conttre_t" and "tree01". Pay attention to the palette of conttre because these texture have the same palette.
Ok thanks 2 more questions. Do you have the download for the trees. And do you know how to add objects to the map likes house and trees.

And spiky how do i add wild pokemon grass to the map??

Old January 4th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
Ok thanks 2 more questions. Do you have the download for the trees. And do you know how to add objects to the map likes house and trees.

And spiky how do i add wild pokemon grass to the map??
To add grass, edit the model to include the grass texture over the area you want, and then change the move permissions of that same area to the tall grass byte. The rest is automatic

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
To add grass, edit the model to include the grass texture over the area you want, and then change the move permissions of that same area to the tall grass byte. The rest is automatic
Nice so i am just change movement and a wild pokemon grass appears there??

Old January 5th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

I'm currently working on something you've all been waiting for since this tool was first released, I think: a scripts editor. This is in a very early stage of development, but it works (as a viewer):

Spoiler:

When finished, it will work in a fashion similar to PPRE's, but without the glitches, of course. I'm trying to make a bug-free script editor, with most commands using easy and simple names. Hopefully this will finally allow NDS hacking to take off completely. Thanks for your support

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 5th, 2013, 09:09 AM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
I'm currently working on something you've all been waiting for since this tool was first released, I think: a scripts editor. This is in a very early stage of development, but it works (as a viewer):

Spoiler:

When finished, it will work in a fashion similar to PPRE's, but without the glitches, of course. I'm trying to make a bug-free script editor, with most commands using easy and simple names. Hopefully this will finally allow NDS hacking to take off completely. Thanks for your support
Will you show the coordinance/position of the script on the map?
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
If you mean in a way similar to Advance Map's, no, because it's not possible. The scripts work different on the DS, and they are associated to people, furniture, etc via the event editor. But I could try to improve the event editor to be a bit more easy to use.

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 5th, 2013, 03:28 PM
VERGUNDAI

Why is there bitmap error on 3DS Map 8?

Yes improving the event editor who be fascinating, and much easier to use...
I'll wait for that in a later update.

The script editor is so buggy for PPRE right now, so If anyone wants to wait, I preferred wait now for a new script editor. So your rom won't freeze in various positions...
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI

If you mean in a way similar to Advance Map's, no, because it's not possible. The scripts work different on the DS, and they are associated to people, furniture, etc via the event editor. But I could try to improve the event editor to be a bit more easy to use.

Last edited by VERGUNDAI; January 5th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old January 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Pike15
Smoochum

Nice spiky

And keep up the good work :D

Old January 5th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Just to let everyone know, as you may recall earlier that I had an issue where I was "unable to save the header data" on the ROMs in SDSME. Well I've found out as to why I was having this problem, and it's very simple... I didn't even click somewhere else on the header table or press enter after changing the value.

Remember... always either press enter or click some other part of the table before you click "Save Header Data" button. If you don't, then the headers won't save after clicking "Save Header Data" button.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the script editor. It'll be interesting in what anyone would be able to do with it. :)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Pike15
Smoochum

Pokemon Shiny silver are you working on some rom hack??

Old January 5th, 2013, 08:04 PM
VERGUNDAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Just to let everyone know, as you may recall earlier that I had an issue where I was "unable to save the header data" on the ROMs in SDSME. Well I've found out as to why I was having this problem, and it's very simple... I didn't even click somewhere else on the header table or press enter after changing the value.

Remember... always either press enter or click some other part of the table before you click "Save Header Data" button. If you don't, then the headers won't save after clicking "Save Header Data" button.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the script editor. It'll be interesting in what anyone would be able to do with it.

ahaa...thanks, I remember the way I saved it I triple press save headers option.
Now it will be easier...
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Always good to see new improvements
If you need any help (for BW / BW 2 especially) don't hesitate.

Also, i will like to make the french translation of the tool, but i don't know exactly how to edit .dll files, so if you can tell me how i can add the support

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_971 View Post
Always good to see new improvements
If you need any help (for BW / BW 2 especially) don't hesitate.

Also, i will like to make the french translation of the tool, but i don't know exactly how to edit .dll files, so if you can tell me how i can add the support
Thanks! I was going to translate it myself, but you'll make it better. Don't mess around with the .dll files, I'll send you .xml files with all the strings you have to change

Beta 2 available!!

Old January 11th, 2013, 12:36 PM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to gatarda
Quote:
[IMG]AITCHttpCOLON//i1266DOTphotobucketDOTcom/albums/jj531/xAlien95/Old%20Staffs/screenshot_zps51947404.png[/IMG]

How cool!!! When do you release a beta of your hack?
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM
xalien95

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatarda View Post
How cool!!! When do you release a beta of your hack?
It's not a hack, just testing... XD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links