• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Things from the past

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Oh I completely forgot secret bases! I loved digging in the underground! I thought it was amazingly fun! I'd spend so much time digging for fossils and gems and stones! Loved it!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
- The Follow Me feature, needs to return. I was really let down by the fact that BW/BW2 didn't utilise this feature and I'm sure many many people liked it.

- The Dream World...needs to go. I found it quite banal to be honest.

- Hidden Grottoes have to return as well! They're great to randomly encounter, I just wish the chances of finding a Pokemon in them, where increased.

- Secret Bases! I loved these in RSE, so I'd more than welcome their return. They're fun, and serve as a great time killer from the main plot.

- The Underground, while fun at first, got boring and repetitive. So if it were to be improved, I'd definitely welcome it as well.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Vs. Seeker for rematching trainers to make leveling up easier is what I would like. Follow Me feature was fun. Pokemon World Tournament would be nice, but I don't see that happening for whatever reason.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Looks like everything I want has been covered.
-The Follow-Me feature, while pointless, made HG and SS really fun for me, so I want the return of it.

-The VS seeker helped me a lot in games that had it, like FR/LG, and I hope it comes back. It could be a replacement if we don't have a pokemon like Audino appearing everywhere

-Speaking of Audino, I would like if the shaking grass feature came back. Not only was it good for training, sometimes rare pokemon appeared there too.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2013
I think that 1) they need to bring back every legendary pokemon ever, even zekrom, reshiram, and kyrum. 2) they need to bring back the 5th gen starters as in game pokemon. 3) we need more dark, dragon, and ice pokemon avalible in game. 4) do an ice gym and dragon gym again, and they should add a dark type gym. 5) add in eevees and make it posible to evolve them into any of the 7 eeveelutions soon after geting an eevee. And 6) make it possible to get any of the distribution event pokemon (like keldeo and genesect) in game( including different forms like keldeos resolute form).

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I am not sure of the full capabilities of the 3DS (not yet a proud owner) but I hope they put back the touch screen feature of HGSS, where you can easily access the menu with just a touch. I really don't like the C-gear.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
-Speaking of Audino, I would like if the shaking grass feature came back. Not only was it good for training, sometimes rare pokemon appeared there too.

Yeees. I loved that. :3 I want it!

- Hidden Grottoes have to return as well! They're great to randomly encounter, I just wish the chances of finding a Pokemon in them, where increased.

They were my favourite part of B2/W2 so YES PLEASE.

I want the pokeradar to return, I'd love to be able to get shiny gen 5 and 6 Pokemon more easily.

Me too, maybe I'll finally get lucky on them ;_;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Vs. Seeker, Secret Bases, Poketch-type device, and Join Avenue would be my choices.

And please, if they're going to throw in a post-game battle facility, make it a Frontier and not another world tournament.

Years
What things from the past would like in these games? Maybe something like the following feature? Or three fishing rods, or even the Dream World? Discuss what you'd like to make a return!

A fishing rod before main plot- cmon you can save the world but cant fish??
Dream world- dont really need to explain this... unless they expand hidden grottos massively
Reusable tm's- i developed anxiety waiting on soul silver.. after gen 5 i own it and rightfully hate it
New pokemon- could give a damn if its a fax machine based pokemon as long as itz not klingklang the pokemon with no spat and a host of spat moves

What things from the past would like in these games? Maybe something like the following feature? Or three fishing rods, or even the Dream World? Discuss what you'd like to make a return!

A fishing rod before main plot- cmon you can save the world but cant fish??
Dream world- dont really need to explain this... unless they expand hidden grottos massively
Reusable tm's- i developed anxiety waiting on soul silver.. after gen 5 i own it and rightfully hate it
New pokemon- could give a damn if its a fax machine based pokemon as long as itz not klingklang the pokemon with no spat and a host of spat moves

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The VS seeker for grinding and earning money from those rich boys and my favourite HGSS Menu layout that is so convenient.

xRekke

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
SECRET BASE !!!
Had a lot of fun in RSE finding and buying furnitures!

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I'd like to see the Dream World or something like it, I love the join avenue because it makes many things available, so something like that would be nice, the Dream Radar would be cool too, but maybe this time to catch other legendaries like the bird trio and the crowned beast trio.
Also would like to see shaking grass with audinos or an audino-like new pokémon for exp grinding.
I use pass powers all the time, so I'd like those to come back too. The C-Gear is useful for IR trading so that wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I love the join avenue because it makes many things available, so something like that would be nice,

Join Avenue would be awesome! But that's a matter of needing to fit it in and I'm not sure whether it could easily fit in without it looking out of place tbh. Like it's so large and I feel like they want to keep it as B2/W2 thing for some reason but I'm not sure why. XD;

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
What I'd like to see return... is the shaking grass, which would indicate some other type of Pokémon like Audino or something. I'd also like to see the return of re-battling trainers that you've battled before and defeated, it would also be nice to return the phone feature that was in Gold/Silver as well as Pokémon Emerald.

All those things would be the sort of stuff from previous games that I'd like to see return to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I want to see Pokemon Contests return.

Although I would like the vs-seeker, I kinda wish we could just talk to them and they would ask if we wanted a rematch. (as long as you gave them maybe an hour or two to rest) The vs-seeker seems so anti-social.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Secret Bases >>>>> PWT > Join Avenue > Dream World > Early fishing rods > Hidden Grottoes > Shaking grass etc phenomenons > In-game berry growing > Follow-Me

Can't think of anything else.

Back