The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:34 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
What do you think the main storyline will be about? What would you like to see happen?
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I don't know what to say about the storyline yet, buuut I really, really, really hope the storyline is more than just the typical "if you beat the champion you win the entire game and now you're in post game". Like, I want the story line to continue when you've become the champ; there should be a definite reason why you're the champ other than you've beaten everyone tbh.

I dunno, like, say you've become the champion; now you have to stop the evil team from making their plans in fruition. Kinda like in BW1 I guess, but... something more.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:42 PM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
I want hoping for something more. Something better and neatly executed than BW. But I fear Pokemon would be stay like that as long as it aimed for kiddies

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Team X and Team Y are respectively fighting for more land/sky. The most silliest story ever told.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

I think it would be good to have a nice long well thought out storyline. It's so much more fun that way.

Maybe the gyms and stuff could be slower paced (like, the time and events between them). I mean, sometimes there's like, a lot you have to do between two certain gyms in any given game, but not so much the other ones... It'd be nice to have a very fleshed out story. And even after beating the gyms, there could be more of a story. Like, the gym fights would be over (and maybe the elite four too) but there could be more "bosses" that you have to beat. And not just random ones but like, ones that could actually further the game's progression and stuff.

I just hope it's really content rich. It'd be too boring otherwise. lol (Though I guess it'll always be pretty to look at anyway.)
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM
TheFattestSnorlax
On hiatus until August 8
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post
Team X and Team Y are respectively fighting for more land/sky. The most silliest story ever told.
Great idea. Maybe the possibility of two teams, fighting over the beautiful sky, or over the pleasent land. Or it could either be another take-over-the-world team.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Castform
Raise your what!?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I think the story will definetly be centered around genetics. But other than that I have no idea.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zet View Post
I was thinking this, probably why the Legendaries are so drastically different than one another - one can fly, one can't and looks pretty slow. I think they might be trying to do another Team Aqua/Magma, but I'm hoping with more difference this time (instead of going to a volcano or a underwater cave with basically the same puzzle, etc).
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
I was thinking this, probably why the Legendaries are so drastically different than one another - one can fly, one can't and looks pretty slow. I think they might be trying to do another Team Aqua/Magma, but I'm hoping with more difference this time (instead of going to a volcano or a underwater cave with basically the same puzzle, etc).
This basically, would make the most sense assuming that an R/S remake were to exist, that a land/sky kind of theme would fit here. XD
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
I liked it when the Rival had a story behind him/her, like Hugh, or Cheren and Bianca in BW, they all had something more to them rather than previous rivals.

This time, though this is just my opinion, I kind of want the story to be very plot related. Like there is a lot of chaos caused by the evil team, and they happen to go to cities where a gym leader is, something like that. I kind of want there to be a direction to go in, sort of, and this time the path is shown by the evil team(s).
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I kind of think that the story will be more about Team Genetic trying to take control of the Legendary Pokémon to take control of all life forms and make everything the same. You have to stop Team Genetic from ruining the life force of all Pokémon. The two Pokémon represent the beginning and end of everyone's life force.

But of course... after defeating the team, then you continue to defeat the Elite Four and defeat the Champion.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

What about "game overs"? See look - whenever you lose a battle during in-game, you're sent immediately to the pokemon center. But, what if your in the middle of battling the boss of the evil organization, and say, he or she created some kind of 'thing' that there is a time limit of stopping it? Would it technically be like, a game over?

Annnd another thing I was wondering about - what about multiple endings? I mean, sure, there's the idea that the main character is fighting for a spot at becoming a champion, but, would there be choices within the story line, to alter your sort of 'destiny'? I mean, that'd be kind of cool for a change imo; you get to choose your role during the story line, more than just the typical 'stop the bad guy, and become the champion" affair!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
The antagonist team should be introduced after becoming d champ unlike in other games. They can be made working secretly till we become champ and then they would execute their master plan...
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'm sure it will be similar to previous storyline which involves battling with a Villainous Team every so often who has a ridiculous motive. Either that or they change it up completely which would be a good idea since we're "evolving" in the world of Pokemon.

Old January 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Maybe more legendary fights? Or make xerneas or yveltal the final boss?

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:08 AM
shubham2207

Lol why would xerneas n yveltal be d evil pkmns? Legendaries are supposed to protect their region.. Nt to harm trainers
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
Lol why would xerneas n yveltal be d evil pkmns? Legendaries are supposed to protect their region.. Nt to harm trainers
It's not really written in stone on the roles of legendary pokemon until we actually get to know them~

Remember Mewtwo? It hated humans because he thought that they were weak and selfish beings only interested in power and wealth; and it also despised the Pokémon who served humans. Whiiiich was kinda apparent on The First Pokemon Movie where he tried to capture every one of the trainer's pokemon. D=

Well, true, no pokemon are truly 'evil', but they would still have a 'lack of goodness'. I don't strike Xerneas and Yveltal as 'bad pokemon' too because they can still 'salvage' or represent and protect the isolated region of Gen 6 in their own way, but, still, the jury's still out on that one.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Quote:
Maybe they're controlled by the villan team?
Or instead they need to be captured to finish the main story, like reshiram and zekrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
It's not really written in stone on the roles of legendary pokemon until we actually get to know them~

Remember Mewtwo? It hated humans because he thought that they were weak and selfish beings only interested in power and wealth; and it also despised the Pokémon who served humans. Whiiiich was kinda apparent on The First Pokemon Movie where he tried to capture every one of the trainer's pokemon. D=

Well, true, no pokemon are truly 'evil', but they would still have a 'lack of goodness'. I don't strike Xerneas and Yveltal as 'bad pokemon' too because they can still 'salvage' or represent and protect the isolated region of Gen 6 in their own way, but, still, the jury's still out on that one.
Fact: pokemon don't no how to use money ( meaning they can't be wealthy )

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065

Last edited by Chaos Fork; January 12th, 2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Shooting me Softly
This is the wrong forum....

Nature: Sassy
"Kid, get the heck out of my house and beat the Pokemon league, and while you're at it, beat Team Mathematical. They're trying to kidnap everyone's Pokemon with equations that have no answer.."
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:21 PM
shubham2207

@miss doronjo - the legendaries of kanto were articuno,moltres and zapdos but mewtwo never represented as d region's legendary pkmn to support or protect kanto cuz it was man made(one of 5 pkmns dat lord arceus didnt make) and giovanni used mew2 to conquer d world.. Even if mewtwo is the strongest pkmn after lord arceus, still i never call it a legendary
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
@miss doronjo - the legendaries of kanto were articuno,moltres and zapdos but mewtwo never represented as d region's legendary pkmn to support or protect kanto cuz it was man made(one of 5 pkmns dat lord arceus didnt make) and giovanni used mew2 to conquer d world.. Even if mewtwo is the strongest pkmn after lord arceus, still i never call it a legendary
Well first, Mewtwo has been classified as a legendary pokemon by Nintendo. And no, I never said it was made to represent Kanto; Giovanni used the pokemon for evil, but when Mewtwo escaped, he developed his own hatred for humans.

But look - my point is that it's not really set in stone on a role of a legendary pokemon until we get to know it. You can't really just say legendary pokemon are supposed to protect a region and not despise trainers until we know what it represents, or what it's own 'will' is. So, the jury is still out on the newest two legendary pokemon. D= I'm not calling them 'evil', I'm just saying they might lack 'goodness'.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; January 12th, 2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
shubham2207

Ur point is correct bt lord arceus would never create legendaries who would destroy the world, they cant be evil frm d beginning bt they can be made evil by someone..
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Piplup - Hacker
Scripter

I think the idea of maybe maybe multiple evil teams like RSE would be cool. I also like the idea of genetics in this game taking a role. I'd like to see more than 8 gyms, and 2 regions. That would be awesome! Each region would have their own climate and evil team striving for to take control of the world be their own means. One team could be wanting to create the ultimate pokemon through genetics, and the other could be an an ancient alliance wanting to re-awaken the ancient pokemon they praise to take over the world. Prophosies foretell a child to stop them.. then blah blah blah xD

Coming soon...
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:54 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Some people seem to be forgetting that Mewtwo's manipulation by Team Rocket was anime only...it's not canon in game!

Anyways I hope we have two teams. I like Piplup's idea of an ancient pokemon...
Perhaps the legends in this game are ancient legendary pokemon which somehow died out due to an unknown cause (third version mascot?) and are revived using the advancements in the fossil reviving machine throughout the past five generations.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:52 AM
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Every generation has explained the origins and history in the pokemon world. Generation 1 covers the history how Pokemon originated with the fact directing to mew being the Ancestor of most known Pokemon. Generation 2, I don't know, LOL. Generation 3 explains how the continents and seas were created. Generation 4 explains the creation of the pokemon world and Generation 5 explains the relation with pokemon and humans.

What history lesson are we going to learn this Generation 6?

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links