The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 24th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
I don't mind Nidorina's stats and honestly I'm not fussed about her moveset either, I don't really look for those things in Pokémon for why I like them. The design/concept if the only thing leading me to dislike Nidorina since to me it looks... Kind of incomplete? It looks pretty cartoony to me and I'm just not a huge fan of it haha. But everyone has different tastes n.n I must admit though, I never knew the whole Sugimori thing - it is making me see it in a slightly different light but I'm still not convinced. xD I'll Google some art over the Christmas period and see if I can't change that opinion though. :D
I think I hear what you're saying. Honestly, facts wouldn't really be enough for me to think too much differently, either, even if there was some things I never realized. I probably should've went about it like this:

What do you like? That is to say, what interests you, creatively, about Pokemon?

Often times, what gets me intrested in a certain Pokemon is how it's utilized creatively. I like characterization. People can draw fan art all day long but if the Pokemon in question is never shown as anything more than some animal living in a forest, I'll never see it as anything more than that. I need something I can sink my teeth into, as it were. And if it makes me laugh, that's even better.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 25th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
I think I hear what you're saying. Honestly, facts wouldn't really be enough for me to think too much differently, either, even if there was some things I never realized. I probably should've went about it like this:

What do you like? That is to say, what interests you, creatively, about Pokemon?

Often times, what gets me interested in a certain Pokemon is how it's utilized creatively. I like characterization. People can draw fan art all day long but if the Pokemon in question is never shown as anything more than some animal living in a forest, I'll never see it as anything more than that. I need something I can sink my teeth into, as it were. And if it makes me laugh, that's even better.
I only tend to really get into the Pokémon which are completely unique to the others; things like Grimer, Foongus, Koffing, Gulpin - they all appeal to me because their concepts and designs are so unlike anything else and this makes them incredibly interesting Pokémon to use and explore. Something like a Nidorina however, that's juts your basic everyday beast-like Pokémon which (in my opinion!) hasn't really got anything that unique or special about it. The only thing I'd really consider a 'unique' feature of Nidorina is the whole male/female split in their family, but as a result of the split there's now two evolution lines which share that trait and honestly it just doesn't feel unique any more. Something like Ralts pulls it off well because that's only a final stage evolution depending on gender and the evolutions are very interesting, but Nidorina/Nidorino... they just don't do it for me haha. I guess I haven't really looked into them enough yet to discover whether they do in fact have some very unique features about them though, so I will experiment with them when I get a chance!

What does everyone else think about these Pokémon families? c:
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
What does everyone else think about these Pokémon families? c:
If you are referring to the Nido's, yes I think of them as unique. As a species of pokemon, how they are built, their behavoir, where they reside, and how their species has a male and female variant makes them unique. Not necessarily stats or move pool or anything like that.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Patrick
Winter Love

They're unique in the sense that they're not the only living species on the planet. :P That's the easy answer, really I'd say the only thing that makes them truly unique is that they're the only other Pokemon aside from Volbeat and Illumise to have a true male and female split. The rest of the Pokemon don't really count in that they look exactly the same (smaller whiskers/tail/Wobbuffet lips or not). You'll never get a Nidoqueen that looks like a Nidoking, and vice versa, same for all the others. Also, they have the second largest family. It used to be the largest in the 1st generation, and then tied in the 2nd. They're going to keep capitalizing on Eevee's popularity, though, so who knows how many evolutions it'll get.

Even Ralts isn't too special considering you can still get a Male Gardevoir. Same goes for Snorunt.

Statwise and moveset though, yeah. Nothing.

Also, I do agree with the idea of liking strange creatures over the more generic (or actual) animals. Personally I prefer video games like this, it's why I'd play Kirby over somthing like Donkey Kong Country (gameplay values aside). I get bored drawing common animals as well. There's no denying the Nidos are either very animal like (Nidoran M/F, Nidorino sorta) or beast like. In fact Nidorino and Nidoking are very much kaiju-esque to the point of possible intention considering that they look to be inspired by baragon. Nidorino is one of the earliest Capsule Monsters, afterall (aha, THERE'S another unique quality. Nidorino's one of the grandfathers of the series).

I think for me, though, the reason I like Nidos (and to that degree, Vulpix) over plain old rabbits and rhinos (and foxes) is because they're just different enough to not be a garden variety animal, but not so out there that you can't really make heads or tails of it (and in Vulpix's case, it's the cutest fox character I've ever seen. There may be others I haven't been acquianted with, but the only other fox character I like is classic Tails). Nidos are essentially chimeras, because they have a lot of different characterstics of lizards/dragons and mammals. That also keeps them from being a played straight rabbit like Buneary (even though Nidoran is ironically more played straight anatomically). I've actually talked about this for pages before, I'll admit I don't really feel like going over it again, so I'm gonna stop cuz the lazies are getting the better of me.

So anyway, what you like are the weird, unidentifiable creatures the most (and Sandshrew). I can't exactly help you there. I still think overall, though, personality is what makes the difference in appeal. That applies to all living things. I'm not much of a dog or cat person, but even I'll admit I like the videos or picture of the more playful and curious ones. I'm sure even the most admant anti-cat/dog person has seen something or had a personal experience with a particular cat/dog and said "okay, THAT was funny". But the ones that are ordinary or lazy won't win anyone over unless they have an affinity for the animal to begin with. Same could be said about a very weird looking animal at a zoo. It's so cool and unique looking, but if all it does is sleep, most people are gonna be like "ok... what else does it do?" So, again, it's appeal is limited to those who have an affinity for it, or those who just like the bizarre for the sake of being bizarre.

Same can even be said for humans. How often does anybody really ever take notice of everyone in a crowd? Unless there's a spark of attraction ("Oh, s/he looks cute") or some unfortunate deformity (or you're on a bus bored out of your mind or are drawing people for practice :P), you'll just scan past and ignore everyone. The only ones who'll stand out are the ones you got to know for their personality (or you had to be in the same vicinity with them for a long time, or have an interesting face to draw 9v9).

That's really all I got. I can't really see Pokemon as just creatures at face value, because if I do, I'll ignore them all, Nidos included. It's a point of view I understand, but just can't have myself, even if I forced it. Koffing's extraordinary, no contesting that, but what has the most basic one done to make me care? I've been weaned on cartoons, comics and graphic novels like Bone all my life, so I sort of need a draw. That may be the reason why I see things so differently. Without empathy, there's little more than shallow interest from my perspective.

That's probably why I love these.

(Why didn't I pack these comics with me? ;_;)

Edit: Holy friggin crap the filters are not kind to this dude. Have some tiny urls to get around it. Also, careful with that last one. It's a sight gag, but yeah.

Last edited by Patrick; January 3rd, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:51 AM
CourageHound

Quote:
Spoiler:
They're unique in the sense that they're not the only living species on the planet. That's the easy answer, really I'd say the only thing that makes them truly unique is that they're the only other Pokemon aside from Volbeat and Illumise to have a true male and female split. The rest of the Pokemon don't really count in that they look exactly the same (smaller whiskers/tail/Wobbuffet lips or not). You'll never get a Nidoqueen that looks like a Nidoking, and vice versa, same for all the others. Also, they have the second largest family. It used to be the largest in the 1st generation, and then tied in the 2nd. They're going to keep capitalizing on Eevee's popularity, though, so who knows how many evolutions it'll get.

Even Ralts isn't too special considering you can still get a Male Gardevoir. Same goes for Snorunt.

Statwise and moveset though, yeah. Nothing.

Also, I do agree with the idea of liking strange creatures over the more generic (or actual) animals. Personally I prefer video games like this, it's why I'd play Kirby over somthing like Donkey Kong Country (gameplay values aside). I get bored drawing common animals as well. There's no denying the Nidos are either very animal like (Nidoran M/F, Nidorino sorta) or beast like. In fact Nidorino and Nidoking are very much kaiju-esque to the point of possible intention considering that they look to be inspired by baragon. Nidorino is one of the earliest Capsule Monsters, afterall (aha, THERE'S another unique quality. Nidorino's one of the grandfathers of the series).

I think for me, though, the reason I like Nidos (and to that degree, Vulpix) over plain old rabbits and rhinos (and foxes) is because they're just different enough to not be a garden variety animal, but not so out there that you can't really make heads or tails of it (and in Vulpix's case, it's the cutest fox character I've ever seen. There may be others I haven't been acquianted with, but the only other fox character I like is classic Tails). Nidos are essentially chimeras, because they have a lot of different characterstics of lizards/dragons and mammals. That also keeps them from being a played straight rabbit like Buneary (even though Nidoran is ironically more played straight anatomically). I've actually talked about this for pages before, I'll admit I don't really feel like going over it again, so I'm gonna stop cuz the lazies are getting the better of me.

So anyway, what you like are the weird, unidentifiable creatures the most (and Sandshrew). I can't exactly help you there. I still think overall, though, personality is what makes the difference in appeal. That applies to all living things. I'm not much of a dog or cat person, but even I'll admit I like the videos or picture of the more playful and curious ones. I'm sure even the most admant anti-cat/dog person has seen something or had a personal experience with a particular cat/dog and said "okay, THAT was funny". But the ones that are ordinary or lazy won't win anyone over unless they have an affinity for the animal to begin with. Same could be said about a very weird looking animal at a zoo. It's so cool and unique looking, but if all it does is sleep, most people are gonna be like "ok... what else does it do?" So, again, it's appeal is limited to those who have an affinity for it, or those who just like the bizarre for the sake of being bizarre.

Same can even be said for humans. How often does anybody really ever take notice of everyone in a crowd? Unless there's a spark of attraction ("Oh, s/he looks cute") or some unfortunate deformity (or you're on a bus bored out of your mind or are drawing people for practice ), you'll just scan past and ignore everyone. The only ones who'll stand out are the ones you got to know for their personality (or you had to be in the same vicinity with them for a long time, or have an interesting face to draw 9v9).

That's really all I got. I can't really see Pokemon as just creatures at face value, because if I do, I'll ignore them all, Nidos included. It's a point of view I understand, but just can't have myself, even if I forced it. Koffing's extraordinary, no contesting that, but what has the most basic one done to make me care? I've been weaned on cartoons, comics and graphic novels like Bone all my life, so I sort of need a draw. That may be the reason why I see things so differently. Without empathy, there's little more than shallow interest from my perspective.

That's probably why I love these.

(Why didn't I pack these comics with me? ;_

Edit: Holy friggin crap the filters are not kind to this dude. Have some tiny urls to get around it. Also, careful with that last one. It's a sight gag, but yeah.
Those comics wer hilarious xD. But yea I think I see what your saying. Like when it comes my preferences in pokemon, it really falls down to design(and sometimes its dex entries) and whether or not I would have some sort of natural affinity for them.
Heres My list of some of the pokemon I like most:
Spoiler:
1.Muk
2.Emboar
3.Salamence
4.Gengar
5.Typhlosion
6.Arcanine
7.Lickilicky
8.Swampert
9.Snorlax
10.Mamoswine
11.Gyarados
12.Crobat
13.Stoutland
14.Venusaur
15.Gliscor
16.Beartic
17.Seismitoad
18.Swalot
19.Druddigon
20.Dragonite

I Like alot of pokemon people are indifferent to and others that people seem to flock torwards. None of them I like solely for battling prowess so let me just toss that out the window right now. Rather I like them for being the creatures they are and what they do. I try to imagine all the funny, exciting, and often weird adventures I would have with the pokemon I like. Those would be either (usually large....cuz I like big animals)animal like pokemon that I simply cant resist, due to anime presentation or that I naturally like the animal. And more often than not it would be that weirdness or uniqueness factor that attracts me. Like say Lickilicky and Muk for example? I know some people that would (unfortunately) like these two pokes gone. However I would find a happy-go-lucky pink tubbie with a ginormous tongue, and a friendly pile of gelatinous mass to be quite the adventure.

The other, not-so-outlandish pokemon I like are directly related to animals I like such as Bears, Dinos, Dragons, Frogs, Pigs, Giant bats that hug your face, etc. Oh yea I like hugz as well, so pokemon that give giant hugs get bonus points. I like my favorite pokemon and pokemon in general cuz it gives me the reality of all the animals I would like to encounter and experience (but in the real world, saying you'd like to befriend a dragon, a wild bear, boar, or some kind of lion would get you very strange looks) but with that hint of fantasy that its ok to go out and find that its completely OK to go out and find and make friends with those wild animals that basically become companions for life and help you conquer your regional pokemon league or whatever.

I usually find poison types to often by in my range or criteria of liking. Their battle style is pretty sick too. Most everything about most poison types are pretty unique. Whether you'd like to dig deep or not you'd most likely find something that sets them apart from most other pokemon. Like if someone would say, "Whats so unique about Rhydon and Nidoking. They both look like eachother?". Well yess they have a somewhat similar build but what sets Nido apart is its entire biology and evolutionary line being split into a male and female counterpart, as well as (Like dbp said) being somewhat mixed of the different properties of other animals. If you'd like to go into battling, you could say nido has a very wide special movepool for a ground type and also boasts sheer force as a dream world abillity of which can be combine with life orb to make use of the 0 recoil glitch(or is that intentional...idk?).

My point is, your perception of a pokemon come from personal experience and well as how open minded you are. I was looking in the "If you could delete ONE Pokemon from Unova" thread and found some of people's answer's to be shocking. Like one said Druddigon because its ugly and is the weakest dragon or Stunfisk cuz its derpy and theres no point to it. I think the "point" would not to engineer every single pokemon for battling but rather solely build upon the population of pokemon. Thats like some guy saying, "Whats the point of pets in our lives if we cant eat them?". Not every pokemon was made for battling, but rather to merely fill the dex with another new creature. So, in retrospect, I think all pokemon are unique as different creatures.
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Patrick
Winter Love

Yeah, I'd say you got that right (some Pokemon DO look derpy, though, like Qwilfish and even Psyduck and yet most people (myself included) like it anyway). I think all Pokemon have potential, and there's pretty much one for everybody. Potential in the sense that they could fit different needs. I'm not talking pure battle potential. That's just pigeonholing Pokemon into being fighters (or kok* fighters if you're jaded). Pokemon like Chansey seem to exist for nuturing, and some seem to exist to bring happiness. Though, they can all do that for somebody.

Speaking of Psyduck, personality, again, for me doesn't have to come from comics, though. The anime helps there too. There's a reason why most people remember Psyduck or Squirtle. Can you imagine if Ash's Squirtle just sat around going "Squirtle Squirt." all day long but little else? Unless you liked Squirtle anyway, it'd become about as memorable as his Cyndaquil, which I honestly forgot he had... to the point that I'm not even sure he really did have one.

Even Ash's Pikachu has his quirks, but also tends to play as a straight man to Ash's sometimes bizarreness (this was more early on, I dunno if Pikachu still does this or if Ash still acts like a dope). I think you all got what I'm saying, though.

I think the idea of huggable Pokemon is fun, actually, though I'm the type who says any Pokemon can be that, even if it's not a good idea ("oh Graveler, you're so coarse and hurty ¦< "). I'd love to hug a Nidoran even though I'm pretty sure it's a terrible idea. Muk would probably be a better option given the choice. That friends point is important too. You can be friends with your pet, especially dogs it seems (maybe some other exotics, though monkeys have proven unpredictable), but you can really be friends more on a human level with a Pokemon, language and initial perspective barriers aside. In that sense, finding reasons to like a Pokemon stops being all that important. Just like in real life, some shallow person asks "why are you friends with him/her?", and all you can really answer is "because I've gotten to know him/her, and it turns out, s/he's a really great person".

So yeah, if Pokemon existed in real life (and had existed since the beginning of time, mind), I think we'd find that the reason we like Pokemon would be less because of the way they look or who they are, and more because of the kind of companionship they provide. :) I'd still go out of my way to get some Nidoran, that's a fact.

Alas, they don't, so everything's a lot more subjective and based on why we like anything at all.

Yeah, enough talk. I don't have Muk comics, but here's some Grimer ones I scanned.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

*Blame the filter. You know what I mean. It's a real word oh my god why does this forum seem to blast every example I try to set?

Old January 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I noticed you don't have any user-bars, so I knocked a few up.
Keep on sludging, my venomous friends.
<3
Spoiler:

Old January 6th, 2013, 07:28 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
Yeah, enough talk. I don't have Muk comics, but here's some Grimer ones I scanned.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

*Blame the filter. You know what I mean. It's a real word oh my god why does this forum seem to blast every example I try to set?
The comics of grimer were so cute <3..yet weird....IT FITS!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somniac View Post
I noticed you don't have any user-bars, so I knocked a few up.
Keep on sludging, my venomous friends.
<3
Spoiler:

Aaww thanks those are awesome! Muk gives 'em a nice touch
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Thank you for the userbars Somniac, they're wonderful! Added them to the first post :)

So there's a 'huge announcement' coming up for the Pokémon franchise tomorrow and there's a lot of speculation that it'll be the revealing of a new generation of Pokemon - if this is infact true then that means there'll be a lot of new Poison types coming our way! So in preparation for this possibility, what kind of Poison types would you guys like to see introduced in a new generation? Do you think current Poison types are lacking in any way that should be rectified in Gen VI? Are there any specific designs you're waiting to see? Go nuts and come up with the best ideas possible! c:
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Patrick
Winter Love

I'm going to give the blandest, most obvious "you would say that" answer ever, and hope facetiously state that the announcement is a side game that uses some kind of Nido (preferrably not the royals) as a main player protagonist. Just once, just one bloody time, that's all I ask. Eevee gets to be a choice in PMD, it's time to get the second largest family up in this.

But, you know, Japan.

Otherwise I'm not interested unless the announcement is about a game that has a huge art style shift just for the sake of being artsy. Either thing would get me to buy the latest Nintendo systems. In fact, combine both for extra win.

I'll let you guys come up with much more reasonable ideas for the rest of the poison troupe.

Old January 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM
CourageHound

If they area adding a new region I just really, really hope they add more poison pokes. I mean like if they kept consistant with how many they made in gen 1(which holds about half of the poison population if i'm not mistaken), then poison would be one of the most abundant types
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

So the trailer has been released and so far it's still seeming like no Poison type legendaries will be around to bless us - this sucks! And it's not looking like and of the starters will adapt to the Poison type either at the moment - other than perhaps Froakie? What do you guys think?
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Patrick
Winter Love

Here's something new: I like Froakie. Probably the next frog looking Pokemon I like after the Poli line. I don't think it'll have poison properties, which is off topic, but it's new, and almost everyone is excited.

I might get excited when the reveal that you can catch Nid*shot*

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I'd be really surprised if you can't catch Nid xD They seem to be involving a lot of the previous generation Pokémon into these new games, so I wonder which Poison types will come up... Think they'll go for the popular well-known ones like Nid/Weezing/Crobat or the lesser-known ones like Stunky/Gulpin/Croagunk? I'm kind of expecting them to focus more on the lesser-known Pokémon for this game to try and boost their publicity a bit, but who knows! I'd certainly love to see Gulpin and Croagunk at least be catchable in the game, they'd be perfect on a team <3
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:10 PM
CourageHound

I'm not sure if you'd be able to catch previous generation pokemon in main story...Idk, maybe they just showd some of the oldies to hide some of the new pokemon? Dont get me wrong, i'm hoping we get to meet previous poison pokes i just dont want them using previous pokemon as filler pokedex space. What I hope is that they add more creative poison type moves and abilities.

Well, either way, i'm lovin Froakie.

Last edited by CourageHound; January 8th, 2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Think a Poison type evolution tree for Froakie is possible? I honestly wouldn't be surprised, it looks like it could certainly play this role very well given its origin. Though perhaps that'd border too closely on Croagunk's territory? Not sure, what do you guys think? :o
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM
CourageHound

Hmm..well if Froakie was part poison that would mean that both it and croagunk would be dart from. If I get the chance i'll try and see what frog Froakie is based off of. But froakie's water type is what gives it, its diversity from croagunk if it did become poison. And Water/Poison sounds like a mighty fine type if I do say so myself.

@AlexOzzyCake Off Topic, but I was thinking if we should change the featured Poison Pokemon since koffing has been up there for a while?
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
Hmm..well if Froakie was part poison that would mean that both it and croagunk would be dart from. If I get the chance i'll try and see what frog Froakie is based off of. But froakie's water type is what gives it, its diversity from croagunk if it did become poison. And Water/Poison sounds like a mighty fine type if I do say so myself.

@AlexOzzyCake Off Topic, but I was thinking if we should change the featured Poison Pokemon since koffing has been up there for a while?
Tentacruel mark 2 perhaps? That's certainly not something I'd mind seeing, but if so I'm hoping this'll turn into more of a sweeper than that bulky wall of a jellyfish. How about the other two starters, any expectations of Poison typings there? I'm pretty certain the Grass one won't be, but in the trailer the Fire starter used an attack which could just be Poison based so possibly!

I agree haha. Any suggestions for a replacement? I think it was me that chose Koffing so I'll leave it up to you guys this time. :D
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Patrick
Winter Love

^Gulpin. He's pretty cool.

Anyway, I had typed up a reply way earlier from a different computer, yada yada yada browser issues, and I just couldn't be arsed. So, I'll try it again now from a more reliable computer.

I feel like if anyone is used from previous generations, they'll probably hail from 4 and 5 because it's the most recent, and fresh in the minds of the younger folk, or at least those keeping up with the series. I can't remember any from 2 aside from Spinarak and Ariados, so your guess is as good as mine, there. And from Generation one, I'd only expect Ekans and then Grimer OR Koffing, but not both. Nidos will not be in generation 6, at least not without some kind of trade or import from a different game, because they are not only competing with a thousand other Pokemon or whatever, but they're also criminally unpopular in Japan as it is. That's why I'm not expecting miracles, and make all those posts in jest since I already know it ain't happenin'.

I do see the possibility of Pokes from Gen 3, because I'm certain an R/S remake is inevitable (though unnecessary). All I remember is Gulpin/Swalot and Seviper, though. I could swear G3 had more than that. But seeing Kirlia in the trailer, well, there's at least some G3 Pokemon in there anyway.

As for... what, Froakie? Man, forgot its name already. We were talking about it in class, someone mentioned the possibility that it could be water/ice. That would be pretty interesting. Was Piplup water/ice?

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that its poison, though, just because it's some kind of frog. It's possible, but there are other options.

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:36 PM
CourageHound

I would say Muk for the featured poison type, but i'll go for something different and say Crobat

@dbp naw Empoleon was water/steel. T-T And ur lucky to have the luxury of kids in ur class that like to talk about pokemon. I dont think Froakie would be part ice seing as it would conflict with his foamy bubble cape, or whatever that is
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Patrick
Winter Love

Everyone in my class is at least old enough to be in grad school (so like 21+), we're all, at worst, nostalgic. It's funny because almost everyone unanimously agreed that the only generations that matter was 1 and 2, and people were hatin' on some Pokemon I didn't even know existed (one that looks like a trash can and some ice cream or something, according to them).

I didn't agree, but I see where they're coming from, not being that invested in the series since they were younger (but invested enough to still buy the games if they don't end up selling them off again later). I'm not either, as we're all aware, but (as I told you in the VM), I'm the most knowledgable about Pokemon in class, which is funny because I look like a dunce here. I still remember stupid facts about Gens 1-3 and was correcting people left and right. :B

I didn't think about Froakie having bubbles when I saw the design at first. I'm not sure if others did either. They probably just saw white and concluded ice.

So yeah, how bout those Poison Pokemon?

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:17 PM
CourageHound

Quote:
So yeah, how bout those Poison Pokemon?
xD

Well, recently i've been looking at some good fakemon and they made some really good poison types. Like a komodo dragon-like pokemon. I mostly wanna see new animals with all the upcoming poison types. A water/poison dolphin pokemon would be awesome. Ya know how every gen has at least one canine like pokemon? I think i'd like this gen's canine to be poison type.
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Patrick
Winter Love

I dunno if I'd consider a dolphin poisonous, though. Do any poison (Pokemon) lizards exist? I know we've got the snakes, but I'd be surprised if that haven't cashed in on that angle yet.

A poison monkey that looked super serious, like a gorilla or something, would be funny. Maybe it'd be funnier if it was a chimp. Then again, maybe that'd hit too close to home for some...

Old January 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
I dunno if I'd consider a dolphin poisonous, though. Do any poison (Pokemon) lizards exist? I know we've got the snakes, but I'd be surprised if that haven't cashed in on that angle yet.
You know what, somehow this had never actually crossed my mind. Why don't we have a Poison type lizard? (Unless we're all just being thick and missing one haha.) It seems like a really obvious way to go in my mind, so over the 5 generations so far I'm amazed that it hasn't come up. Perhaps they'll opt for a Rock/Poison fossil Pokémon in Gen 6 and it could take on the role of an ancient venomous lizard? Rock/Poison would be a really interesting type to work with (though completely 100% crippled by Ground), so I certainly wouldn't mind seeing this happen.

Also the new featured Pokémon is between Gulpin and Crobat - any last votes? :D
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Patrick
Winter Love

Gulpin all day long.

I think a Poison/Psychic would be sort of interesting if it doesn't exist. Like, what would you consider something that's both poisonous and psychic?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links