The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
As if we haven't had enough characters from the Mario series:

YOSHI!

The cute little green dinosaur makes the library of my favorite characters. Through every game, let alone Mario game, this guy has always been the one I pick for playing through the game; Mariokart and all! I've always been a big fan of Yoshi, and will never be compared to Barney, because Yoshi is just so much better on maaannnyyy levels. He is exciting, friendly and very unique. From being in an egg to his favored Cucumber Kart, Yoshi will always be in my heart. <3
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Spyro The Dragon, I loved these games and he's such a cool little dragon!

Old January 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Brizz
TM87

Nature: Modest
John Marston from Red Dead Redemption by far. If you have played the game and you did not become emotionally attached to him, you have no soul.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:12 PM
jgalvan100
*****monally Challenged

Nature: Naive
The hero from Dragon Quest 5. You play through his entire life, how can you not like him?
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brizz View Post
John Marston from Red Dead Redemption by far. If you have played the game and you did not become emotionally attached to him, you have no soul.
This.

I remember the days when I was sitting on my Xbox and playing this game, loving it, and loving John Marston. He is so mentally strong, takes on any challenge, quite a risky guy. Very cunning. You see his soft side every now and then which really makes him grow on you, and I loved controlling him every second that I played the game. We love you Marston, we do.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
Terra from Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep.

He has an epic theme tune, and he's awesome like that, too.
-Vladimir Lenin
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Toad

That cute little bugger got a nice mushroom hat
There's just something with his little body and chubby face that makes him so cute.
I usually always pick him in games whenever I get to choose him. When I play Mario Party with friends, they always hate Toad because they always see him win (obviously because he's being played by me)
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Nature: Quirky
Kane from the Command and Conquer series...

The leader of the Brotherhood of NOD, mysterious and obsessed with Tiberium, thinks of only one thing: spreading the Tiberium for a evolution of mankind, and nothing will stop him from achieving that goal...

In Tiberium Sun (in the NOD campaign) he even blew up the GDI main command centre in space before launching his tiberium missile into the space to spread it all over Earth...

I favoured NOD over GDI because of him...

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Device-Sasuke
Unhatched Egg

It has to be the badass that is Shin Akuma from the Street Fighter series. He is the embodiment of a 'living weapon'. And he has really cool red hair...

Best Pokemon ever. Period.
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
The character that instantly came to mind - though I haven't played any of his games in a looooong-ass time - was Spyro from the eponymous video game series. Out of all the characters that I've utilised in games (which, admittedly, aren't that many), he's the one that seemed like the most fully realised; I can actually remember his personality, which is a great deal more than I can for many more famous characters (Mario, Link etc.) And he has a very cool design, and was great to play with in the games. Yeah, I'm feeling more confident in my pick after all of that! :D
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Cave Johnson in Portal 2. I love listening to his recordings because he chronicles how Aperture fell from power in the funniest way possible. He takes as much pride in his failures as he does in his successes.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:02 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Hmmm, off the top of my head, I'd say Emmy Altava from the second Professor Layton trilogy. She's spunky, teasing, and I like her expressions. Also, her fight scenes are great and fun to watch. ^-^

I'm sure I have some others, but I can't think right now.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:41 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

I'm gonna have to agree with Pave Low

Vaas Montenegro

I think he is one of the only characters this year who is not a cardboard cut out. He was a lot less predictable than any character I've ever seen. Vaas fit the psychopath role perfect.

Did I ever tell you the definition of Insanity?

Old January 14th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLegionxX View Post
Vaas fit the psychopath role perfect.
And I couldn't agree more. He is absolutely...insane, to put it in his own words. God, I adore Vaas so much, the best character out there for sure!
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
And I couldn't agree more. He is absolutely...insane, to put it in his own words. God, I adore Vaas so much, the best character out there for sure!
Vaas is indeed the best character in Far Cry 3 IMO, and his definition of insanity... brilliant

Little Spoiler Alert here
Spoiler:
And the way he talks to Jason... god i hated that moment when i stabbed him

Paired to Supernova
Mod of Video Games
Sig by Aquacorde
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me

Last edited by Libra; January 15th, 2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: dont wanna spoiler stuff xD
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowExcadrill View Post
Vaas is indeed the best character in Far Cry 3 IMO, and his definition of insanity... brilliant
And the way he talks to Jason
You should put that last bit in a spoiler, because there are people who haven't completed the game.

You mention in Far Cry 3, that Vaas is the best character. I think, the world. If everyone played, watched the Experience, they would see what we see. Beauty; in his voice, in his movement...in everything.

I would want to be Vaas' friend in real life, but GOD Vaas would be hard to befriend.

Last edited by Mr. Avocado; January 15th, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:32 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Kreia from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. I've explained a million times why I like her, I'll just link to my review of the game and say that, with TSLRCM, it's by far my favorite game of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLegionxX View Post
I think he is one of the only characters this year who is not a cardboard cut out. He was a lot less predictable than any character I've ever seen. Vaas fit the psychopath role perfect.
You should play Spec Ops: The Line before you make such sweeping generalizations. A pretty darn good game, though it suffers a bit from what is known as "railroading" in tabletop games (basically, manipulating events so that you play the game the way they want you to in order to support the writer's argument).

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:26 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Rucks from Bastion, I was sold from the very first sentence.

otherwise it would have to be Sonic, although, I really dislike the most recent take on him (Colors Onward)
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Send a message via Skype™ to Vital

Leon Scott Kennedy

Without a doubt. I've always loved the Resident Evil franchise, even though it's safe to say its popularity is spiraling down. I think the only reason I like Leon more than Chris is because Leon just seems more badass, in my opinion. His role in RE2 was brilliant, and RE4 was a masterpiece. He was pretty awesome in RE6 as well, although he obviously wasn't the star, considering the game had 7 protagonists.
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Limanya
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
Proooobably my favorite character would be...

Well i don't know. I love a lot of characters from the Zelda series (Saria, Fi and Vaati FTW) but Riku from Kingdom Hearts is just so awesome i really can't decide :T
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Caelus
Gone

I got two favorite characters. For the longest time it was just Mario because he was the first videogame character I heard of and because I thought a plumber/carpenter (of all people) saving the Mushroom Kingdom was an awesome concept.

Then recently I started getting into the Metal Gear Solid Series and I'm now a fan of Solid Snake. The guy is a badass, what else can I say?
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Red, Phoenix wright, Ema skye, Miles Edgeworth, Mario, Kirby and Yuri (Modern warfare 3). They're my fav characters of all time. All of them is in 1st place in my list. Oooh and Megaman battle network too.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Aigis alone made me order P3P. We'll see, but nobody before came to mind when you said 'favourite character'.
Old January 31st, 2013, 06:59 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
I did forget Neku from the World ends with you. Lol. I have many...

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Toutebelle
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Lara Croft is my all-time favorite video game character. I like that she's brave and very intelligent, and is very good at handling the supernatural.

I also like Yoshi, Koopa Troopa, Birdo, and Princess Peach from the Mario games, Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man from Pac-Man, Coco from the Crash Bandicoot games, Gilgamesh and Ki from the Druaga games, and Balthier and Fran from Final Fantasy XII.

And even though I'm not a Sonic fan, I do really like Rouge, and I kinda have a soft spot for Cream even though a lot of people don't like her.

My favorite bosses are Bowser from the Mario games and Jacqueline Natla from the Tomb Raider games.

Last edited by Toutebelle; February 11th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links