The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:38 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Seems we might see a main series equivalent to CIPHER if it is indeed about genetic experimentation, cept instead of shadow Pokemon, we get more man made Pokemon

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:26 AM
enigmα.
Community Supporter

Who knows? Team Runic? Team Alphabets? Ah yes, alphabets, maybe they'll use Unowns often, it'll be like their mascot & the leader has to be female this time, male leaders are getting too mainstream.
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Team Spectrum would make all of the Villainous team initials combined Gramps ;)

Old January 11th, 2013, 07:20 AM
dragonnathan025
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to dragonnathan025
Considering this is a game for the 3DS, X and Y may represent the dimensions, and because of this I agree that the name may be Team Z, to represent the third dimension, or Team Naught, to represent any variable.

My guess is that they will attempt to create a dimension that is their own, rather than try to take over the current world (much like Cyrus did, destroy the current world to create his own, rather than take over it).

I hope they make this a little more mature, like having to sacrifice the Legendaries to obtain their power, rather than just have them get absorbed for a few minutes (like Kyurem).

But, my guess will be that, if this comes up, Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina will make an appearance, being the three Dimensional Pokemon (Palkia is the 3 dimensions, Dialga is the 4th, and Giratina is the reverse dimension), or if it's DNA, it's going to be Mew, being the ancestor of Pokemon and containing DNA of all of them.

And going further to support my theory about the villians going for the dimensions, X and Y are the legendaries, the bird being Y and the stag being X. Since X is run (the stag runs across the land) and Y is rise (the bird using the second dimension with freedom), it would follow that they'll try to make a Z pokemon.

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier

Last edited by dragonnathan025; January 11th, 2013 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
Team Dimension sounds nice but it reminds me of Team Plasma for some reason.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Although this might be rather unlikely, I would like this generation's villainous team to have more variety of pokemon than just the whole normal/poison/whatever; kind of like team cipher? At least they should be more difficult to beat. D=

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I want the leader to be female with four commanders, two male and two females. Each commander's first initial corresponds to GTAC while the leader's name starts with U (in biology U is replaced by T in rna synthisis or something like that...it's been awhile). They seek to gather the Dna of strong trainers and their Pokemon to awaken the legends who absorb the "life force" bringing them back to life/ awaking them from sleep.
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Although this might be rather unlikely, I would like this generation's villainous team to have more variety of pokemon than just the whole normal/poison/whatever; kind of like team cipher? At least they should be more difficult to beat. D=
This. Please at least make them more challenging. .___.; I thought I would get that from Team Plasma in BW2, but they kind of still had the generic Poison-types, so they were still really easy to beat...
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Nah I doubt they'll change from the usual given that those are the trademarks of being evil. :( Maybe fire, or electric as they can be attributed to evil (maybe?) but that's all I can really see it changing up as the default evil Pokemon.
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

But that would suck, Nica!! u_u I mean, as much as it is a tradition, as least make them higher-leveled or something, and make the experience more of a challenging than just running through them with one Pokemon.
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Forever
let it go

But if they were harder to beat then it means that the protagonist might give up easier, like, wouldn't it be more motivational if you're outright stronger than the villains, showing that inside your heart... you're actually stronger? I mean you want to be better without training hard, you want to overcome evil, and for evil to never be too strong and can easily be suppressed by good.
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Relith
Togepi

Maybe they are creating hybrid pokemon with the DNA/genes and are making freaks of pokemon. It's like planet of the apes, pokemon are already powerful, but combining two strong forces = ???
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I really hope we get two villainous teams this time around. Fighting the same old team over and over was really annoying. Since the evil team(s) will be trying to take control of Yveltal/Xerneas I can imagine that the one that tries to take over Xerneas will try to perhaps expand forests or have something to do with nature or something since Xerneas seems pretty nature-like. I have no idea what they could do with Yveltal since they can't exactly expand the sky or really do anything with the sky idk

And the Pokemon could be types that go with the types of Yveltal/Xerneas.

1349 6159 4149 // 1174 [TSV]
(feel free to add)
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Serperion
The Fallen King

Team Alpha-Z since they used the letters X and Y then the villainous team might use Z (a possible 3rd legendary?). The Alpha part is a combination of "Alphabet" and opression

Should Beauty ever be my best feature I would simply die
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
But if they were harder to beat then it means that the protagonist might give up easier, like, wouldn't it be more motivational if you're outright stronger than the villains, showing that inside your heart... you're actually stronger? I mean you want to be better without training hard, you want to overcome evil, and for evil to never be too strong and can easily be suppressed by good.
BUT if they're harder to beat, then that would give the protagonist motivation to train and become stronger, and defeat evil!! And therefore giving a satisfying feeling after defeating them, knowing that you had to jump through many obstacles to do so.

Evil may get stronger, but good is always one step ahead. For strength is not everything, Nica!
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well, going along with what Twilight Sky said, I mean look- at D/P/Pl, your rival, Berry, lost to Juptier of Team Galactic. And after he lost, he goes on to day, 'that pokemon is suffering... I have to become stronger!'. I dunno, I just don't see regular pokemon trainers giving up that easily, if they -do- love pokemon as much as they say, so it'd be natural for them to fight for them. ):

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Superfox

While there are some really interesting ideas here, I'd actually prefer if we didn't get a villainous "team" in the coming generation. For some reason, I think they've just used the "evil team after the legendary pokémon" concept for all its worth. What I'd really like to see is a lone terrorist operating on his own and for reasons that have nothing to do with pokémon or humans relationship with pokémon. I'd like to see a guy who is rebelling against the world government because he is an anarchist or something along those lines. The player could have multiple run ins with him, and of course, he'd use pokémon to fight, but his whole motivation wouldn't be about pokémon. I dunno, I guess that's a little too mature for the franchise, I guess.

My Friend Safari type is Flying, with Fearow and Swanna.
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
I have a feeling they will be called Team Z. If they aren't called team Z, then they will make a sequel to the game called Pokemon Z.
I kind of wish for no villain team at all, but it will probably happen. I want a female leader, none of evil teams have had a female leader.
Ah well.
Obviously the bad guys will want world domination for whatever reason they come up with.
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:30 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
I would like to see two competing teams as observed in ruby/sapphire.

Team dimensions would be nice for one encompassing team.
Teams vertical and horizontal might be nice for competing teams.
Typing: I would be nice to see some expansion from the dark and poison types.
Perhaps Psychic, Fighting, and Dark would be a nice mixture.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Sagiri

I really, really can't see the genetics idea coming true, for a few reasons.

One - X isn't female, and Y isn't male. XX is female, and XY is male (at least in humans, for birds, for example, it is reversed). X is called Turner symdrone, and Y is... well, dead (you need the information on the X chromosome to live).

Two - Look at the legendaries. Even if they were going for a gendered motif - does Xerneas look feminine? Does Yveltal look masculine? No, not really. However, Xerneas does look like an Earth spirit and Yveltal looks like a sky spirit, which suggests that the inspiration is the dimensional axes, X and Y.

Three - To be honest, genetics, especially realistic genetics, doesn't seem like something that'd ever get brought up, if for no other reason than they'd pretty much have to explain how Pokemon breeding actually works.
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by shengar View Post
No boring villainous team please. Cut the world domination project and get yourself to more realistic plans.
I don't mind world domination as long as it's not just that, some vague plot about controlling the world.

I'd be more interested if they were trying to do something specific, like say giving all living things the mental capability of a magikarp.

Also I would like to see them at least partially reach their goal, make it more desperate near the end. So for example if they were plotting to mind control people, have it actually happen and you need to reverse it with the help of the legendary pokemon.
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrewulf238 View Post
I'd be more interested if they were trying to do something specific, like say giving all living things the mental capability of a magikarp.
That's be kind of cray lmao. That'd include themselves, too...

I dunno I think that's way too specific and could potentially even ruin themselves (and way too hard to... well, do lol).
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

That DNA helix someone pointed out in the logo is enough to make me consider that there just might be some genetic manipulation involved.

That could possibly set up another appearance of Colress, considering he wanted to increase a Pokémon's strength, he might just be willing to modify their genes to do it. Though I guess that's unlikely, considering BW2's ending.
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
For my Concept Art class I came up with a team that stole artwork and sold them on the black market xD They were Team Ardour...
So a team that does something that isn't involving Pokémon would be really cool to me, since it would be very different from all the previous teams we've had! Artwork is actually a pretty good possibility, since the Louvre is in Paris! XD
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Vine
Unhatched Egg

So many great ideas. But knowing Nintendo, they'll probably just go the simple and predictable route.

Sponsored Links