The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:12 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn

OuIt's finally that fateful day in Human history that we have discovered everything we wished to know about our selves. And the thing is--it proved everything you believe in wrong. How do you adapt or cope or whatever?
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I said in one of the other threads, I try not to fully believe in any one theory. Therefore I'm not really coping or adjusting. I guess it depends how the physical world is affected though.

Old January 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I don't think I could cope, if everything changed, for all I know I might not even exist :P xD
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Aquanova
Shiny Celebi's Alt

Nature: Relaxed
I would probably be extremely shocked, confused and left wondering who and what exactly I was, I dont think it would be easy for people.
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Esper

I'd adapt. The things I believe in with the most conviction are more principles than anything. You know, like be fair to people. That can't really be proven wrong, so even if we ended up actually living in a world that's full of unfair, terrible whatevers I could still stick to my beliefs so I wouldn't be totally knocked for a loop. It'd be weird and shocking, I'm sure, but I'm also sure nothing like that will happen to me.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I'm quite stubborn sometimes, especially in what I 'believed' in. My views, anyway.
I would probably just kill myself. Or adapt. I'm pretty hardy, but I don't know. I don't even have the guts to kill myself.

Ehh, it's hard to imagine anyways.
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

I do not 'believe in' anything. I accept the universe for what it ostensibly is, in so far as it is relevant to my existence; if things will change, they simply will.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:31 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I don't even know. :x
Adapt, I guess, if possible. Though depending on the exact situation, I would potentially consider Insomniac's idea. :I

Edit: Just realized...would this mean I have no more morals? That would certainly have an upside. I could finally go back to "my old ways" haha. (:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; January 8th, 2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
If everything I knew to be true turned out to be a lie, I think I would handle it better than most. I have a built-in apathy toward anything in the world that doesn't affect me directly, so most of the revelations that came would have little effect on me, or relevance to me.

Those that did I'd just have to deal with in my own time. As long as I still had people around who cared about me, I don't think anything is really insurmountable.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links