The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2013 (09:22 AM).
Forever
let it go

So gym leader rematches. While the gym thread covers typings and actual gyms, this one is aimed more at the rematches side and how that could go ahead. We haven't seen them for a while, however, there's a chance that they might put gym leader rematches in these games "just cause"! If they returned, how would you like to see them occur? Would you want them to be once a week? Or whenever the gym leaders choose? Do you check back or would it be the job of the professor to let you know when you can go for gym leader rematches? How much more money do you want from rematches? Would you want full teams of six, or just the same team they used in-game? Discuss!
Old January 11th, 2013 (09:31 AM). Edited January 11th, 2013 by Eucliffe.
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Oh, this is something I'd like to see again! However, unlike in Emerald where you had to wait until the little Poke Ball next to their Match Call showed up; or in HGSS where you first had to find them outside their gyms, get their numbers, and could only call on certain days to schedule battles; or in BW2 where you could only battle most of them via the PWT and didn't get any EXP. or money (unless you count getting BP for beating three of them), I'd like maybe something like Platinum had, where you had different gym leaders you could battle each day, no calls or anything necessary. I was thinking of being able to battle them once a day, but Idk, that seems a bit too much, and, somewhat realistically speaking, it's not like they have that kind of time on their hands XD

As for teams, a full team of six with Fully Evolved Pokemon would be great! And maybe to spice things up a little, they could have decent hold items (i.e. not just Sitrus Berries) and maybe somewhat competitive-based movesets and Abilities and the like. As for money, I'd say roughly double what you got from the last gym leader (quadrupled if you sent out a Pokemon holding an Amulet Coin/Luck Incense during battle).
Old January 11th, 2013 (09:37 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Mmm, yeah I'd sure love to have gym leader rematches again~! First I'd like to have them have a full team of six, where you'd fight for pokemon EXP and for increased prize money. Their team of six can have some national pokemon, as well as Gen 6 pokemon! I'd also like to have something like the PWT too, where you can fight gym leader's EV'd pokemon; and maybe fight past gen gym leaders too.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 11th, 2013 (10:12 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I wish it was just simple as to enter a Gym once you have defeated the Elite Four, walk up to the Gym Leader and re battle them as many times as you wish. Waiting for specific days or for them to call was always a pain too.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 11th, 2013 (10:30 AM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
As long as I get to re-battle past champions as well, I wouldn't mind. XD For some reason, I found that battling the champions in the PWT was a lot more fun than the gym leaders, so I'd like to have that option again.
Old January 11th, 2013 (10:33 AM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
So many threads...
I hope they introduce rematches, I find it lame that the first set of pair versions lack them...
Old January 11th, 2013 (03:10 PM).
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I hope they reintroduce them, even something like Emerald's thing, where you can check what trainers want a rematch, maybe make the trainers up to Lv.70 if you rematch them enough so you can actually have a battle that isn't like
Raichu use Thunder!
Tentacruel fainted! xD
Old January 11th, 2013 (04:11 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
Platinum's rematch system was pretty awesome. You had different leaders you could rebattle every day (I think it was everyday?) and didn't have to wait on certain times or get their number or whatever. If they could do this again, or improve on it someway, that'd be fantastic. Platinum is the only game so far that really got the gym rematches down right, though.

Play the game to change the game
Old January 11th, 2013 (04:13 PM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Rematching Gym Leaders... has been something that has been in the games since the days of Pokémon Platinum. I think it would be great to see rematches of the Gym Leaders that you've already defeated. And it should be whenever the Gym Leader wants to, like it was in previous games.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 11th, 2013 (04:46 PM).
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
I love rebattling gym leaders especially in HGSS,
cuz more training!

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 11th, 2013 (05:35 PM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Gym leader rematches would be swell, and would be nice if it could be done so in the gyms instead of having to go to a certain building.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 11th, 2013 (05:39 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Yeah, I feel like it's more of an authentic gym rematch if you have to go to their gym than instead of a cafe like in Platinum. That felt more like a friendly battle than a gym rematch.

Play the game to change the game
Old January 11th, 2013 (11:42 PM).
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
If gym leader rematches exist I am going to assume it is post-game material and I will have become champion of the something region. That being said I should expect the gym leaders and other renowned trainers to be waiting at my totally awesome villa or whatever we get in this game everyday to have a chance to battle with me.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old January 11th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
I wouldn't mind being able to challenge the Gym Leaders for a rematch. Although if it were to be implemented, I hope we won't have to first find the actual Gym Leader in person, and then call them to book a battle at a certain time. (Because well, that's was a pain in the posterior.)
Old January 12th, 2013 (07:32 PM).
Deceit
Toxic.

YESSSS. I want this so badly. Well, not that badly, but I always thought Gym Leader rematches were cool. It was better than to just have them sit in their Gym for the rest of post-game, unless you rematch them in their Gym.
But I want the rematches to change from HG and SS, as if you wanted to rematch every Gym Leader, you needed to get their phone number at a certain time, then call them at another time.
Old January 12th, 2013 (08:10 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I would like it to go back to the way it was in Emerald. Have a pokeball next to the gym leader's name if they feel like battling you, or have them call you themselves. Than you'll fly to their gyms and battle them, maybe even in a triple battle battle as Emerald had a double battle for it's rematches.
Old January 12th, 2013 (08:42 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I'd actually like the whole Match Call concept back again. Battling them in their gyms feels… right. The PWT was an okay way of doing it but ultimately you didn't really get much training out of it.

Of course they've been resistant on putting any rematch features in the first games of the series. Funny that.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 13th, 2013 (12:22 AM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I really want Gym Leader rematches that give you experience! It was cool in the PWT but I really want battles that aren't using VGC rules...I don't mind having to go to a different building as long as I can battle everyone at least once a day and be able to use whichever Pokémon I wanted!
Old January 16th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
I'd actually like the whole Match Call concept back again. Battling them in their gyms feels… right. The PWT was an okay way of doing it but ultimately you didn't really get much training out of it.

Of course they've been resistant on putting any rematch features in the first games of the series. Funny that.
I would like this as well. But I would like them to become progressively stronger like in Emerald. Maybe on different days of the week, it'll change if it was a single, double, triple or rotation battle.
Old January 16th, 2013 (06:41 PM).
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
Rematching Gym Leaders again? sure why not. I loved rebattling the other gyms in past games. i would also like them to use a full team of 6 and have double or triple battles sometimes. also, having them at a higher level would be sweet.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 17th, 2013 (12:37 AM).
alecr9
Unhatched Egg

If you can go beat up on the E4 millions of times, I don't see why they won't let us take on the gym leaders again, just for something different, it gets boring doing the same 5 battles over and over again/
Old January 26th, 2013 (03:33 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I wouldn't mind being able to challenge the Gym Leaders for a rematch. Although if it were to be implemented, I hope we won't have to first find the actual Gym Leader in person, and then call them to book a battle at a certain time. (Because well, that's was a pain in the posterior.)
Hunting them out wouldn't really be that bad if they were in obvious places, like wherever they mentioned when you last faced them (aka in their actual GYMs) maybe? :x
Old January 26th, 2013 (03:39 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
It would make complete sense for them to be found in their gyms, where they belong. But then there would be no puzzle! I'd like to have to solve a puzzle or a riddle, but I guess other people might not fancy the idea.
Old January 26th, 2013 (04:52 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Maybe we could also see rematches with the Gym Leaders in other locations other than actually inside the Gym? That would be something rather interesting, knowing that probably Gym Leaders would have a favorite places where they could hang out in and stuff. Like one in a forest or something.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 26th, 2013 (07:41 AM).
Theory_
Unhatched Egg

I would like to see the gym leaders out of their gyms. The go train somewhere(related to their type) and after the Elite four you can go find them and battle.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links