The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace

Code Lyoko: Evolution is the attempt at a reboot of the show Code Lyoko by French production company MoonScoop. It was announced on May 31st, 2011 that the series would be rebooted with an installment of twenty-six episodes containing a 'mixture of live-action for Earth based scenes' and continue to be computer animated for scenes involving Lyoko. The first episode aired in France on December 19th, 2012.

The video was on Youtube up until recent, but if you managed to catch it, what did you think of it? Are you a fan of the old Code Lyoko and are glad that it has returned for another season, or are you dismayed at it being rehashed after it's been retired for a few years? Do you think the season will be successful in France/nationwide?
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:20 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
I Loved the original series and I wouldn't have even known about this remake if I didn't scroll down to the entertainment section lol. Thanks so much! Is there anywhere else I can catch it since it's not on youtube anymore?
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Solace
simon ferocious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
I Loved the original series and I wouldn't have even known about this remake if I didn't scroll down to the entertainment section lol. Thanks so much! Is there anywhere else I can catch it since it's not on youtube anymore?
Unfortunately, it was only online for about fourteen days before it was removed in the only place(s) it was available, but you can still watch the fantastic trailer for it here -

I'm very much anticipating an English release!
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:17 PM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
I…have no opinion, honestly.

On one hand, it's pretty cool ('specially Jeremy) but…it seems sorta "washed out" in the concepts department.

could you ····ing not
·
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Solace
simon ferocious

Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
I…have no opinion, honestly.

On one hand, it's pretty cool ('specially Jeremy) but…it seems sorta "washed out" in the concepts department.
I have to agree. It's one of those things revived for the sake of bringing it back since it was popular while it was around and the shock factor if it actually coming back would be what it rides on. As far as concepts/plot, etc. it might run dry pretty quick. Hopefully not, though! I shall stay optimistic.
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:54 AM
The Sly Fox

Eh. I liked Code Lyoko when it was still airing but I think a revival isn't needed or smart. I hate when shows like this get revived. We'll just have to wait and see what happens I suppose.

Old January 15th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I myself have mixed feelings about this. I used to enjoy watching Code Lyoko the years during when it was on Cartoon Network, but I never really followed it like a diehard fan of the series. From watching the teaser, it hardly feels like a reboot at all given there was not much change in animation and it all looks like it's going to follow everything the way it was originally. Which, I agree, could get old pretty quickly.

I guess it's one of those things where you just have to wait and see if it happens, but I'm not sure I'll watch it as much as I did with the original series. Which to be honest, doesn't feel like that long ago.
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Patchisou Yutohru

I enjoyed watching it, but it was one of those shows that I liked enough to keep it on if there wasn't something I liked more on (and there usually was, in those days), so I don't really know much about it. I caught episodes of it every now and then.

I'd probably watch it much more, though.
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

Nature: Sassy
It's certainly a year of Cartoon Network reboots, isn't it? A Powerpuff Girls reboot (featuring Ringo Starr as the voice of one character), a Totally Spies reboot (VERY excited about that) and now a Code Lyoko reboot? Very interesting. Though, as interesting as the Code Lyoko reboot may seem, I'm not going to watch it. I was never fond of the show in the first place, so there's no point in me watching the reboot. It just seems like they're trying to reconnect with a fanbase which has long since turned their eyes away from Cartoon Network.
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Arcturus.
Does this unit have a soul?

Nature: Quiet
Code Lyoko? I remember watching that show. It was pretty interesting from what I remember. I guess as long as it isn't ruined I'll be fine with a reboot.

Last edited by Arcturus.; January 18th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Cassino
Møderator

Out of personal precedence, I would have to watch the old episodes that I missed (which would entail watching every episode because I don't remember much) before watching a reboot, which would probably defeat the point of the reboot for me. In any case, Code Lyoko is one of these things I mean to watch but never get round to it.

DA | YT | 'Be yourself' is the worst advice anyone around here will give you.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links