Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 12th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I was doing some stuff in my User CP when this idea randomly popped in my head. Anyways, a lot of PC members take advantage of the Profile Customizarion options and make their profiles all pretty and whatnot. So let's say one day, you wanna change your theme - perhaps revert to default (Unless my old suggestion of being able to disable your own customizations is getting somewhere). You clear all the fields and that's that. Now, let's say a few days later, you decide you want it back. You'd have to go back and painstakingly set everything back as they were.

I thought of a neat little idea that makes reusing old customizations easier. Perhaps, would it be feasible to create a system to be able to save/export our profile customizations and use them at a later time?

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old January 12th, 2013 (09:36 PM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
This is something long overdue, I want to change my profile sometime and I get sick of having to screencap all the color codes and saving them on my computer, on top of that, remembering all the images to use adds on to that stress.

I'd definitely support this feature, cos that way Supporters can save any complex profile designs they used if they had to change for like say, a PPC or something.
Old January 12th, 2013 (09:38 PM).
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I'm pretty sure this has come up in the past and I don't remember the reactions, but I'd absolutely love to see this implemented. It'd be endlessly useful being able to swap between themes like that, plus it'd let you work on things like PPC and save the theme without having to redo it all when it comes time to change. But yeah, the benefits speak for themselves here so I'd love to see it implemented.
Old January 12th, 2013 (09:39 PM).
curiousnathan
goodbye to the future

Nature: Mild
Yes yes yes yes! I really would like this idea tbh. I know it's been mentioned before, and I can't really remember the responses, but I think it'd be very convenient for those who love to test out their profile designs, but also for those who like to change on a regular basis. Perhaps even, it could be a support perk? Well...partially at least?

For example:
For a non-supporter, you have the option to save/store 1-2 styles.
Then the number of save/store slots you can use increases as you donate. 6th tier earning 7 save/store slots?

Just a thought!
Old January 12th, 2013 (10:12 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura
Top of the Class

Nature: Lax
At this point we don't quite have the resources to get to it, and while even I've thought about such a feature, sometimes features are put in the backburner until we can actually dedicate time to getting to it.

In this case, as much as I liked the idea and still wouldn't have an issue with it, we simply don't have the resources to guarantee that we're working on it at this time. (We're not.)

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 13th, 2013 (07:13 AM).
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Seems like a lot of memory that the server would have to hold would be the only downfall.

Old January 13th, 2013 (12:55 PM).
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Ben.:
Seems like a lot of memory that the server would have to hold would be the only downfall.
Not necessarily. I think the general idea here is exporting to your own hard drive, not the server.
Also, the concept behind this is pretty simple, but it does depend on one fundamental aspect of vBulletin. Does vBulletin save ever user's profile .css file in its own or are they all crammed together/in groups? If each is saved alone, then it would be relatively simple to export/import if a script is mustered up that would replace the CSS variables with their actual values.

Although if I were to take a quick guess, I'd say vBulletin made one template for profile CSS and then simply set values based on the user ID you're viewing. This would make things significantly harder I suppose, although in this case it could be done so that the export/import function exports and imports the values assigned to the CSS variables and not the .css files themselves...

I don't know, just a thought. I would really like to be able to save my profile customization, it becomes such a pain when I have to redo it over and over just because I went on a limb and made a quick temporary change :3

Old January 13th, 2013 (02:43 PM).
Hiroshi Sotomura
Top of the Class

Nature: Lax
It's saved in the database and dynamically referenced.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links