The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 8th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Along with the current pokemon items what do you think the possible new items will be like in these two games? How do you think they will make an impact? For example, perhaps there will be more technologically advanced items, like machinery? Perhaps there will be more uses for the current items, like an added effect? For example, while the item 'leftovers' restore pokemon's health each turn, perhaps they might add another effect, such as, 'the pokemon's move PP is restored' each turn?

Any thoughts?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'd like to see an item that negates the effect of stat enhancing abilities from foes, if there is a Pokemon with Intimidate it would prevent the Attack Stat from being increased. Even an item just to suppress the use of an ability overall for that battle.

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd like to see an item like one that I created for a contest a while ago. A consumable item that doubles the stat change once. But that would probably be broken.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I really wanna see more Pokeballs and a few more Hold items in general. EXP enhancing and EV effecting items, and maybe better IV Breeding items.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:03 PM
jsa0603
Unhatched Egg

I want to see an EV resetting item. It would be nice to let the pokemon I used to beat the game be a part of my permanent team.

If the anime was anything like the games, Ash would abandon Pikachu for a new one after becoming a Pokemon master so that he could EV train it properly.

Current Pokemon Team:
Gengar, Vaporeon, Porygon-Z, Arcanine, Braviary, Gallade

Old January 9th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa0603 View Post
I want to see an EV resetting item. It would be nice to let the pokemon I used to beat the game be a part of my permanent team.

If the anime was anything like the games, Ash would abandon Pikachu for a new one after becoming a Pokemon master so that he could EV train it properly.
Omfg yessss. But I think it'd make it too easy for everyone. :( Having the EV reducing berries makes it a little harder for people but makes GF happy because it's... harder.
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:10 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
I'd like to see perhaps a few new species of berries and one or two items that'd make it easier to train your Pokemon competitively like the EV resetting item people before me have mentioned.
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Forever
let it go

I had an idea earlier of a Speed Orb. Kind of like the Life Orb but it increases speed by 20% every time you have the item on you and you're not locked in like a Choice Scarf so it can be useful competitively - and confuse people as to whether you have the Life Orb or Speed Orb. :3
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:15 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I had an idea earlier of a Speed Orb. Kind of like the Life Orb but it increases speed by 20% every time you have the item on you and you're not locked in like a Choice Scarf so it can be useful competitively - and confuse people as to whether you have the Life Orb or Speed Orb. :3
But it must have some sort of negative effect similar to the Life Orb. Perhaps it lowers SpD or SpA even?
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Forever
let it go

Oh I meant removes 10% of your HP each turn it's on your mon, which is why you can't tell the diff between the two!
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:26 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
I would like an item which increases the number of turns for trick room just like heat rock, moss rock etc.....
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'd like to see an item that negates the effect of stat enhancing abilities from foes, if there is a Pokemon with Intimidate it would prevent the Attack Stat from being increased. Even an item just to suppress the use of an ability overall for that battle.
I second this.

I'd love an item that has an Unaware-like effect, given how annoying set-ups are in competitive battling.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old January 13th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Scorpio219
PM me for custom banners

I would like items that help you in your Nuzlocke challenge.

My to choices are items that work like these abilities:
Magnet pull (increases encounter rate of steel pokemon to 150%)
Static (same but for electric pokemon)

Items that help you find the pokemon you actually want. Like when you are in dragon lair and want a dratini (5% chance) and all you find are magikarps (95% chance)

Old January 13th, 2013, 06:07 AM
jellotime91

I really want items to replace certain HMs, like Cut, Dive, Strength.... All the ones that are horrible moves to keep on your Pokemon.
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:12 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
I like the idea of Speed Orb,that would be cool .
I think that would suit some slow pokemon(not ferrothorn ofc it's too slow).

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... how about an item that would prevent decrease in stats on the Pokémon that is holding the item? Or maybe even an item that totally prevents status ailments? (There might already be one, but I have a terrible memory of things.)

But most of all, I would like to see items that only work if the Pokémon that is holding it is the main legendary Pokémon of X and Y. Similar to a way that the Adamant, Lustrous and Griseous Orbs.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Hm... how about an item that would prevent decrease in stats on the Pokémon that is holding the item? Or maybe even an item that totally prevents status ailments? (There might already be one, but I have a terrible memory of things.)
I don't think the latter exists! It could certainly be useful on something like Sawsbuck which otherwise can't switch into something like Misdreavus due to fear of status (while without that, would leave Misdreavus helpless), or helpful to certain sweepers, (or walls even like Alomomola). This is purely from a NU perspective, though :x
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I'd like to see the flutes return, in a way that you can actually use them in battle again.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodile42 View Post
I'd like to see the flutes return, in a way that you can actually use them in battle again.
Ohhh maybe something like the ocarina from legend of zelda~ *___* Yeah, I love the flutes; maybe there can be some flutes that can act as subsistence of the power-up items like X-Attack, X-Defense, etc.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Antemortem
it's the end of all things

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I want to see more types of herbs that do different things, but instead of being those bitter ones that lower happiness, maybe ones that raise happiness in exchange for lowering something else. Or even one that applies to EVs and happiness, and negatively to another EV. Just something else for EVs, because there's obviously not enough to go around since 5th Gen. :b
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Oh ya, hopefully not in the way that it occurs in R/S though, that was extremely tiring. Maybe just... given them through an event in-game every week? idk. They would also provide R/S remakes hints!
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
I would like this as well, it would mean I could just use a Blue Flute and not other items to cure sleep.
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Sagiri

While not a new item, I really want the VS Seeker to make a return. We haven't seen it since Platinum, and it is definitely one of my favorite items, and by far my favorite method of rematching trainers (RSE and HGSS's phones were honestly awful).

I'd like an item to prevent a Pokemon from gaining experience. Switch training would be much faster if your weaker Pokemon was gaining all of the experience, instead of being split with your stronger Pokemon.

I also want new special Poke Balls - Dusk Balls and Quick Balls were quite possibly my favorite part of Gen IV (though that might have to do with the fact that I took the time to get a Living Pokedex, but still). There's tons of different things they can do - maybe make the effectiveness dependent on your Pokemon and the foe's type matchup?
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
So, it's a new generation, and with it come new Pokemon, as we now expect. But what about items? What kinds of things would you like to see in X and Y? New hold items? New medicine? Discuss!

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Fennevyrom
Oh and charizard XD

Maybe a new evolution stone? That would be cool.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here