Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Black and White Feedback / Discussion Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Do we drop weekly polls or not?
Yeah sure, they've served their time 4 18.18%
No, let's use up every poll topic possible 12 54.55%
I don't really care about weekly polls at all 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 14th, 2012 (11:29 PM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

Quote originally posted by Gym Leader Rozu:
I love this forum! Its really friendly and I love discussing everything. Already got three friends, and I'm a newbie! Rock on pokemon lovers! :P
That's great! ...except this is about this section in particular and feedback on that. Since you're new I'm just letting you know, so next time just have a read through the first post or so, so that you know what the thread is about. :)
Old November 15th, 2012 (01:26 AM).
ソーナンス
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Why haven't I posted here yet? I need to show my passion for B/W.

Well, I have to say the new competitive twist for the Weekly Polls really worked well, I loved how it now takes thought into the competitive strengths and weaknesses of the Pokemon being featured (and given Nica loves competitive battling, this sorta fits) and also the addition of the Ongoing Discussion really helped bring new life into old threads I once browsed. It's all part of a bid to show there is still hope in Black and White, especially given that Black 2 and White 2 have been out for a month now.

I have since been involving myself in these revamped parts of the forum and I have to say Nica, I'm proud you're bringing new life into the section.
Old January 13th, 2013 (06:06 AM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

So guys I'm skipping the weekly poll this week because I'd rather get feedback on how to improve them (plus everyone is into the new games right now so they might get less attention than they would normally).

1. How would you like to see the weekly polls improved?
2. What would make this forum more appealing to you?
3. What would make you more active here?
4. Any other ideas?
5. How can B/W still stand out with B2/W2 and the new generation around?

Discuss gogo.
Old January 13th, 2013 (07:53 AM).
Man's Best Friend
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Quote originally posted by Forever:
So guys I'm skipping the weekly poll this week because I'd rather get feedback on how to improve them (plus everyone is into the new games right now so they might get less attention than they would normally).

4. Any other ideas?

Discuss gogo.
1. I think the weekly polls are working quite well right now with the competitive feel about them. Unfortunately, I am bad with new ideas for questions, but you could always ask which is like cuter?
2. It would be more appealing if we keep up the "What is your team" and the travel logs. Maybe if the "waht is your team" was made a sticky, more people would look at it.
3. I'd be more ative if there was more involvement with the community. There are great threads on this forum that talk about interstting stuff, but maybe (like the polls) there needs to be somethingw ith a little bit of community attention (e.g bw tourneys/giveaways/contests)
4. A comm day like BC had would be interesting for bw
5. Well, things like bc stand because there is no timeline for it, it stands through every generation. Unfortunately, with bw it has its timeline. What I see a lot of in the past generation forums is like nostalgic stuff that maybe we could start to put in this thread. One thread in gen4 was about whether people would still play gen4. That seemed to get some good attention.

Old February 3rd, 2013 (06:01 AM).
let it go
Crystal TierEO

Hmmm so how would you guys feel if I made the weekly polls member-run each week? Like someone can choose a week, then they're responsible for making the poll that week. They'd have to follow the tiering theme and would have to go by me first but they could make the threads themselves with the weekly poll which would make it seem less like me just throwing a thread at you guys each week, and more of a community type thing? y/n.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (06:11 AM).
ソーナンス
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
You know, I would actually support this move since it could bring a neat new twist to the Weekly Polls, I do my best to post in all of them and could help give this section more activity.

As a B/W regular, I think this may be a smart move after all and I might have to see what others think.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (11:38 AM).
Garnet, master of comedy.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
4. Any other ideas?

1. I think it could be interesting if every month we had like a "triple battle scenario" or something, where it'd be a team versus a team. We could reuse pokemon that were already used, and then we could compare which team would be better based on teammates??
2. I love this forum, but a large part of why I've been posting less is because there are less posts being made, so there's less to discuss (hypocritical, I know, but that IS the reason) If we could boost the activity with some sort of event, that'd be great. SO to make it more appealing is just if there are more people posting :/ (which I know is the issue)
3. Basically Same answer as 2.
4. I think if we had more events or something similar, it'd be fun/ Maybe we could do a joint event with another forum?? (Like the art and design forum or maybe even B2W2?) And also if we could have a brainstorming discussion somehow (not on PC as posts take a while but on an irc or something) that could help?
5. BW definitely stands out from the other B2W2 and XY. BW was the first for everything! I don't really know how I'd say it could "stand out" but I'd say the same for any generation other than 6 really, as 6 is already standing out since it's new and shiny and unknown.

Hmmm so how would you guys feel if I made the weekly polls member-run each week? Like someone can choose a week, then they're responsible for making the poll that week. They'd have to follow the tiering theme and would have to go by me first but they could make the threads themselves with the weekly poll which would make it seem less like me just throwing a thread at you guys each week, and more of a community type thing? y/n.
Lazy Nica :]

Just kidding, but I actually think this is a really good idea! especially since Sophie pretty much did the last one lolol I think it'd be a lot of fun, and would promote member activity. Worth a shot at least!

Hello, this is Mom universe. Yes the children are playing swords. Sorry, playing with swords.
They are bleeding. Oh no, they are dead. Don't call again.
Sorry, I panicked.

Old February 3rd, 2013 (12:00 PM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think it is a great idea. It would make each time more unique as everyone would have a different style of doing it. Everyone would have different ideas as well. Some would so Pokémon, some items, some locations, etc.
Old February 3rd, 2013 (01:13 PM).

I think the weekly polls are fine and they make some sense here, since one of the things that's distinctive about BW is that the Unova dex is entirely unique, so it's reasonable to highlight that by setting those pokemon against each other. And they're just sort of fun.

I think I like the idea of having members rotate through running the polls, just to get different slants on them. And that's one benefit of having a sort of small group of regulars - at least you can be pretty confident that nobody you pick to do it is going to do something that'll make you end up regretting letting them do it.

I haven't been as active here just lately (not like I've been here all that long anyway though), but that's mostly because I'm currently focusing on B2. When I finish that up though, I'm already planning on going back and playing more White (in the post-game, but still with a lot of stuff to do) and Black (saved at the base of Victory Road), and I'll undoubtedly be posting here more then.

The thing that's unique about this forum is simply that it's dedicated to Black and White, so the things that are distinctive are the things that are distinctive about those two games - Hilbert and Hilda, the dex, N's original story, Bianca and Cheren as fellow trainers, the original gyms, including Lenora and Brycen...

I can't think of any great ideas right off - I'd only note that the thing to keep in mind is that this board is specifically dedicated to Black and White, so anything that's pertinent to them should be available here. Try to envision someone who's playing Black or White, either for the first time or replaying them because they like them that much, and figure out what they'd like to see on a forum. That's what should be here.

Probably not much help... :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links