The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y
Ye 7 43.75%
Nae 3 18.75%
Not Sure 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
How about the legendary pokemon's signature moves? I mean, in almost every pokemon game, the legendary pokemon have signature moves. Any ideas on what they can be?

Well, I'm guess most likely, they'll be moves based on what they are going to represent. Maybe their moves will 'biology' themed if biology is going to be the main theme in these games.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:09 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I'd like a move that, for 2 turns, reflects all status moves back to whoever used them.
For example, one Pokemon uses GrassWhistle, the other uses the reflect move. Then the Pokemon that used GrassWhistle will be put to sleep!

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:17 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Nature: Naughty
Hmm, about legendaries moves.. I m sure that it will be based on X n Y only, just like victini's V-Create cuz he had that V head sort of thing...
Xerneas has X nd yveltal has Y...
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mujahid View Post
But why ? It's not as bad as Sleeping. You can Thaw out.
"A frozen Pokémon can still use the moves Flame Wheel, Sacred Fire, Flare Blitz, Fusion Flare, and Scald while frozen; these moves will thaw the user, thaw the opponent if possible, and deal damage to the opponent" - Bulbapedia.

That's too Under powered with respect to Other Ailments.

Sleep and Poison are too darn OP in my Opinion. Spore, Yawn,Hypnosis,Lovely kiss,Sleep powder,Poison Gas,Toxic, Poison Powder. All these moves have ridiculous accuracy and a very High possibility to inflict Sleep/Poison.
Yeah but the whole thing is freezing can be a side effect, and those moves aren't really... used on most things, with only three p much used competitively even. Just the fact that it can be a side effect has personally left me feeling quite negative about being frozen because it occurs at the worst times.

The others I think are fine, and Toxic/Hypnosis/Sleep Powder tends to miss more often than not when I've been playing really. Plus they're only a side effect from an ability, not really a move, so...
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:20 PM
swiswi18

Nature: Adamant
Personally I think they need to add some Ghost, Dark & Steel type move desperately... And as for me, I'd like to see more Flying type moves like Hurricane x)

•Proud Pokémon Supporter Since 1997

•Pokémon Y Friend Code: 0791-1469-0088
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiswi18 View Post
Personally I think they need to add some Ghost, Dark & Steel type move desperately... And as for me, I'd like to see more Flying type moves like Hurricane x)
God yes. Flying moves are honestly terrible really. Something special outside of rain with 100% accuracy, and an okay BP would be everything I'd want. :3
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Arlo

I wouldn't want to even make a guess if it WILL be in the games or not, but I think what's most needed is a couple of 150 base power or better Poison moves, preferably even without recoil and with at least 90% accuracy, just because Poison's coverage is so poor that pretty much all they have going for them is neutral stab, but they don't have powerful enough moves to even take advantage of that. Currently, the most powerful Poison moves are 70% accuracy 120 point Gunk Shot (the same power and even worse accuracy than Hydro Pump) and 100% accuracy 95 point Sludge Wave (same as Surf). Most of the other offensive types have at least a couple of 150 point moves, and they've got better STAB coverage as well. That would go a long way toward making Poisons more viable, and without having to mess with the type chart.

Other than that, I'm content to be surprised.
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:31 AM
shubham2207
Metallurgy Master (Excadrill)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Most of the other offensive types have at least a couple of 150 point moves, and they've got better STAB coverage as well. That would go a long way toward making Poisons more viable, and without having to mess with the type chart.
Lol, did u forget the condition of dark type moves... they seriously need some gud moves of bp 100 atleast, highest being Night Daze only 85 bp.........
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I've thought of an idea for an Electric-type status move (Which is quite unusual considering that there are only three of these moves around so far). How about something like a Zap Mat? It plays similar to Toxic Spikes, but instead of poisoning it paralyses Pokemon that switch in to battle.
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Chrisaur

Nature: Modest
I would just want MORE moves, like at least 6. four is too little.
But I would love to see some more awesome electric or fire moves. they are usually my favorite.
Or when you have a double battle, then the 2 Pokemon attack at the same time, making a combined/combo-like move! Like a flamethrower with and electric bolt like force twirling around it....then hitting the opponent !
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
I've thought of an idea for an Electric-type status move (Which is quite unusual considering that there are only three of these moves around so far). How about something like a Zap Mat? It plays similar to Toxic Spikes, but instead of poisoning it paralyses Pokemon that switch in to battle.
I like a lottttt. It would definitely make a Aromatherapy/Heal Bell user necessary on offensive teams, which would change up how competitive is a lot. Of course it should only be limited to a few Pokemon for that reason, but it could certainly make competitive a little different/more interesting!
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Does anyone else think Steel type Needs better moves ? All the good Offensive moves have a bad accuracy and i don't see a reason for that.
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Does anyone else think Steel type Needs better moves ? All the good Offensive moves have a bad accuracy and i don't see a reason for that.
Still not as bad as rock honestly, which is seen a lot more in general than steel really. :x Not that I'm opposed to better steel moves I'd just rather if rock got more love first! A few 100% accuracy ones would be niceee.
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
But i can kind of see why rock moves would be Inaccurate. What's the deal with Steel moves ? Why the cold shoulder to accuracy ?
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Arlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubham2207 View Post
Lol, did u forget the condition of dark type moves... they seriously need some gud moves of bp 100 atleast, highest being Night Daze only 85 bp.........
No, I didn't "forget." I posted about Poisons.

If you want to make the case that Darks need some more powerful moves, go ahead. I might even agree.

Quote:
I've always assumed that Steel moves are sort of inadequate because Steel is such a good defensive typing that giving them good offensive moves as well would be potentially unbalancing.
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
More good Ghost type moves. Possibly a few physical moves for them, as there aren't many. More "signature" moves that only 1 pokemon can learn. You know. Unique stuff.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
But i can kind of see why rock moves would be Inaccurate. What's the deal with Steel moves ? Why the cold shoulder to accuracy ?
Because Steel is heavy and given that I assume it's harder to control. Even still, Rock would benefit more, even if they're "meant" to be inaccurate!
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
There defintely needs to be a generic Rock type move with high power (80/90), 100% accuracy and that can be learnt by multiple Pokemon of different types. The closest we have to that is Power Gem which can only be learnt by a handful of Pokemon, all of the others have either mediocre power or low accuracy and I've never been keen on Rock Slide or Stone Edge since they're both unreliable.

Old January 26th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Forever
let it go

Hmmm I think I want a better version of Wil-O-Wisp. By that I mean a 100% accurate wide-distribution move that causes a burn and has a side effect of like 20% to the opponent but may confuse the user of it. That's so it's different to WoW but still is kind of unique. :3
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something...

Nature: Calm
I just want better rock moves. My Gigalith could really benefit from that in comeptitive play. Or just some more moves that can be learned by rock types because it seems like they're stuck on rock, ground, steel, and normal moves. Not the best for fighting pokemon. Rock types have really good defenses, but people never use them because of the very limited moveset they posses. My Gigalith can stand its own in some battles in competitive play, but a wider moveset would really push it over the top!
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
I just want better rock moves. My Gigalith could really benefit from that in comeptitive play. Or just some more moves that can be learned by rock types because it seems like they're stuck on rock, ground, steel, and normal moves. Not the best for fighting pokemon. Rock types have really good defenses, but people never use them because of the very limited moveset they posses. My Gigalith can stand its own in some battles in competitive play, but a wider moveset would really push it over the top!
Well depending on what type of caves there are, um, there could also be ice/water moves that could be used by rock types, given that in some caves you get ice and water dripping if it's really cold or old. Something like Condensation, which'd be like, well, what Condensation really is, except it's attacking and 80 BP water or ice!
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I've just thought of an idea for two draining moves: Vamp Leech and Vamp Drain. Vamp Leech is a status-move that is accessible to only those of the Ghost-type, and it works just like Leech Seed, except that its a Ghost-type move, and thus, Ghost types are immune to this move. This would make some bulky Ghosts like Dusknoir and Cofagrigus a lot harder to take down. Vamp Drain is the attack variant which works like Giga Drain, and its also a Ghost-type move.
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilurn View Post
I've just thought of an idea for two draining moves: Vamp Leech and Vamp Drain. Vamp Leech is a status-move that is accessible to only those of the Ghost-type, and it works just like Leech Seed, except that its a Ghost-type move, and thus, Ghost types are immune to this move. This would make some bulky Ghosts like Dusknoir and Cofagrigus a lot harder to take down. :P Vamp Drain is the attack variant which works like Giga Drain, and its also a Ghost-type move.
I'd like moves like these. :3 Although they do remind me a little of Leech Life, buut if there's lots of ghosts something like this could be totally viable, and make Misdreavus better for NU (especially if it's special lool).
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

I would love a move called Radiation/Nuclear Explosion that is electric/fire, but with have a poison effect. There should be a Pokemon that is specifically a radioactive Pokemon. I think a Weezing evolution would be perfect. Hakking... Electric/Poison with a radioactive symbol instead of the skull and bones?

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haza View Post
I would love a move called Radiation/Nuclear Explosion that is electric/fire, but with have a poison effect. There should be a Pokemon that is specifically a radioactive Pokemon. I think a Weezing evolution would be perfect. Hakking... Electric/Poison with a radioactive symbol instead of the skull and bones?
Nuclear Explosion just sounds too... complicated. I mean they have Explosion for explosions, which includes all sorts I guess. :(
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here