Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

Advertise here
Quote:
The moments in the player's adventure at which the quotes are labeled to originate from are conjecture, based on the ordering consistency of the text strings used and by associating them with the remaining text strings for the Pokémon World Tournament used in the regular gameplay.
Announcer's introduction
"Meet Hilbert/Hilda, the Trainer some claim to be the strongest of all!"
Before battle (first round)
"Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
Before battle (second round)
"Words are the source of all misunderstanding! Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
Before battle (final round)
"You communicate with Pokémon using feelings, not words! Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
When defeated
Thank you!"
If the player is defeated
"I just lucked into winning... Isn't that how it felt?"
After being defeated
"Hilbert/Hilda: Make your dreams come true! Someone once encouraged me to do that. Even now, I'm continuing my journey to realize those dreams."
After winning
"Hilbert/Hilda: I'll leave you with words someone told me once. Dream your dream!"
Source: Bulbapedia
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have been included? What Pokemon would you have liked to see them have?

Last edited by Jellicent♀; January 10th, 2013 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Made title shorter and gave it more discussion.
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Is it just me, or do both Hillbert and Hilda sound more like N? That is seriously not what I have expected their personalities to be. Regardless, this could've gave Hillbert/Hilda a chance to be in the same rank as Red in terms of popularity by the fans.
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Zowayix
hi

"Hilbert/Hilda: I'll leave you with words someone told me once. Dream your dream!"
I noticed that those words are indeed part of what N (sometimes) says to the protagonist at the end of BW1.
Writing a haiku
with seventeen syllables
is really diffi--
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:09 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Is it just me, or do both Hillbert and Hilda sound more like N? That is seriously not what I have expected their personalities to be. Regardless, this could've gave Hillbert/Hilda a chance to be in the same rank as Red in terms of popularity by the fans.
I agree. Or is it maybe that their journey made them more mature? Idk I thought Hilbert would have more of a cool personality while Hilda would be more relaxed and spontanious.

But i dont think they could reach the same fan base as Red seing as how Red has been around since gen one and staring in two greatly recognised manga. However Hilda/Hilbert imo isnt as iconic and even so with 6th gen sweeping in, attention is probobly going to be taken away from them quickly if not already.
Zi-Zi's Journey - Lindsey Stirling
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourageHound View Post
But i dont think they could reach the same fan base as Red seing as how Red has been around since gen one and staring in two greatly recognised manga. However Hilda/Hilbert imo isnt as iconic and even so with 6th gen sweeping in, attention is probobly going to be taken away from them quickly if not already.
But didn't their shippings with N helped raised their popularity to catch up with Red?
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
But didn't their shippings with N helped raised their popularity to catch up with Red?
They would be even more popular if they did not get such ugly English names...
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
They would be even more popular if they did not get such ugly English names...
I don't think Hilbert and Hilda are ugly names. But I THINK those names are not english/american. Hmm...I don't know! But they're popularity would have increased if they entered PWT. But not as much as Red since he's the first PKMN master. xD.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:28 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
They sound like N ._.
And are they really the strongest Pokemon Trainers? What happened to Red?

And I don't think their popularity will be as the same as Red, Red has been in 4 games (If we count the remakes and his special appearance) and he's been there since Gen I. How can Hilbert and Hilda get as strong as Red in such a small time?
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:44 PM
joffre
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
It would have been kinda freaky.
Pokemon Black FC: 3138 6144 4366
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0347 8096 2409
Pokemon Platinum FC: 1334 4082 3081

3DS Friend Code : 0645-5803-8863
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Guys please try to remember that this is not a thread about them individually, but a thread about them being in the PWT. I'd appreciate it if you kept to the topic, and not you're own off-topic discussion.

As for my opinion, I think that it would have been neat to see them in the PWT. Maybe have them both with mirroring teams. Like, basically starter Pokemon, maybe a monkey, and then Pokemon that kind of act as rivals to one another. Maybe Musharna for Hilda mirroring Hilbert's masculine Conkeldurr. Something more or less along those lines.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Maybe they're saving the Hillbert/Hilda coding for a special Wi-Fi event like they did with the Gen III Musical event and Unova League PWT event.
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I like how they didn't appear. Hildbert/Hilda would represent the character from BW, and it would be weird because since we've all played those games, it would be kind of representing our characters in a way. Plus they would have different teams and ofc names that ours, and I guess it would just be weird to have Gamefreak come in and basically say, "Those characters you played as two years ago aren't canon, these are the canon ones." I hope that made sense, it's kind of hard to explain! :3

I liked better how they would just reference our name in the BW2 storyline, weirdly enough.
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
I like how they didn't appear. Hildbert/Hilda would represent the character from BW, and it would be weird because since we've all played those games, it would be kind of representing our characters in a way. Plus they would have different teams and ofc names that ours, and I guess it would just be weird to have Gamefreak come in and basically say, "Those characters you played as two years ago aren't canon, these are the canon ones." I hope that made sense, it's kind of hard to explain! :3

I liked better how they would just reference our name in the BW2 storyline, weirdly enough.
They did the same thing with you in RBY in GSC and you FRLG in HGSS and no one was complaining, I think the same would be with this, I'm just sad they didn't make it in :C
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:47 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

Spoiler:
I can confirm that Hilbert/Hilda make an appearance in the game. Once your join avenue status grows to a certain popularity, they (one or both) will come and visit. They are not battle-able, however, in an unhacked Black/White 2. I wont say more
Good Luck

Regards, Chris
Black 2 FC: 1163-8590-1762
Lvl 100 Count: 160
Hall Of Fame Count: 540
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old February 9th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Darthrai
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Darthrai
Quote:
Maybe they're saving the Hillbert/Hilda coding for a special Wi-Fi event like they did with the Gen III Musical event and Unova League PWT event.
This.

But maybe they cut them out because of Memory Link, since the Hilbert/Hilda appearing in the tournament would be inconsistent with the Hilbert/Hilda you played in BW1? Maybe this was supposed to be the NPC Hilbert/Hilda from BW1 (the one who joins you in the Battle Subway - so linking with a BW1 where you played Hilbert chooses Hilda as an opponent), but then again, the lines indicate that they met N, so...
White FC: 0175 0869 5212

mai fevurit pukemàns r blek koorim, zekrom, hydregun, rekwayza, whut koorim, hciarzmard nd gachromp
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Yamiidenryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilveri View Post
Spoiler:
I can confirm that Hilbert/Hilda make an appearance in the game. Once your join avenue status grows to a certain popularity, they (one or both) will come and visit. They are not battle-able, however, in an unhacked Black/White 2. I wont say more ;)
Good Luck

Regards, Chris
First time I've heard that... you got a source on that?

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old February 9th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
...Joining on the they sound like N bandwagon! Yeah, they sound like N...

If they were going to be in the PWT I don't think they'd have text like this. Thank goodness they aren't in the PWT because it would be very confusing. u_u But it would give them some sort of opportunity to become bigger characters in B2/W2 seeing as they aren't in it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they appear in a future downloadable tournament to be honest.
She had gold hair the color of money and red eyes, the color of blood.
Oxidation--resident darkness angel. Pairs! Call me: Pala, Yuki or Melissa.
Ever Grande City! My Normal Twitter My OS-tan obsession Twitter!
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old February 9th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Pokemaster234
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Bold
haven't you guys thought what happened to Hilbert\Hilda? That leaves a Blank space on BW2.
I mean Many memory Links does not explain well what happened to them.And making Them
talk would be the same if Red Talked.

Pokemaster's firered nuzloke adventures:http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Fo...pic/8784761/1/
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here