• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Hilbert/Hilda were going to be in PWT?

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
The moments in the player's adventure at which the quotes are labeled to originate from are conjecture, based on the ordering consistency of the text strings used and by associating them with the remaining text strings for the Pokémon World Tournament used in the regular gameplay.
Announcer's introduction
"Meet Hilbert/Hilda, the Trainer some claim to be the strongest of all!"
Before battle (first round)
"Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
Before battle (second round)
"Words are the source of all misunderstanding! Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
Before battle (final round)
"You communicate with Pokémon using feelings, not words! Everything can be understood through Pokémon battles! Let's go!"
When defeated
Thank you!"
If the player is defeated
"I just lucked into winning... Isn't that how it felt?"
After being defeated
"Hilbert/Hilda: Make your dreams come true! Someone once encouraged me to do that. Even now, I'm continuing my journey to realize those dreams."
After winning
"Hilbert/Hilda: I'll leave you with words someone told me once. Dream your dream!"
Source: Bulbapedia
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think they should have been included? What Pokemon would you have liked to see them have?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Is it just me, or do both Hillbert and Hilda sound more like N? That is seriously not what I have expected their personalities to be. Regardless, this could've gave Hillbert/Hilda a chance to be in the same rank as Red in terms of popularity by the fans.

Zowayix

hi
Years
"Hilbert/Hilda: I'll leave you with words someone told me once. Dream your dream!"
I noticed that those words are indeed part of what N (sometimes) says to the protagonist at the end of BW1.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Is it just me, or do both Hillbert and Hilda sound more like N? That is seriously not what I have expected their personalities to be. Regardless, this could've gave Hillbert/Hilda a chance to be in the same rank as Red in terms of popularity by the fans.

I agree. Or is it maybe that their journey made them more mature? Idk I thought Hilbert would have more of a cool personality while Hilda would be more relaxed and spontanious.

But i dont think they could reach the same fan base as Red seing as how Red has been around since gen one and staring in two greatly recognised manga. However Hilda/Hilbert imo isnt as iconic and even so with 6th gen sweeping in, attention is probobly going to be taken away from them quickly if not already.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
But i dont think they could reach the same fan base as Red seing as how Red has been around since gen one and staring in two greatly recognised manga. However Hilda/Hilbert imo isnt as iconic and even so with 6th gen sweeping in, attention is probobly going to be taken away from them quickly if not already.

But didn't their shippings with N helped raised their popularity to catch up with Red?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
They would be even more popular if they did not get such ugly English names...

I don't think Hilbert and Hilda are ugly names. But I THINK those names are not english/american. Hmm...I don't know! But they're popularity would have increased if they entered PWT. But not as much as Red since he's the first PKMN master. xD.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
They sound like N ._.
And are they really the strongest Pokemon Trainers? What happened to Red?

And I don't think their popularity will be as the same as Red, Red has been in 4 games (If we count the remakes and his special appearance) and he's been there since Gen I. How can Hilbert and Hilda get as strong as Red in such a small time?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Guys please try to remember that this is not a thread about them individually, but a thread about them being in the PWT. I'd appreciate it if you kept to the topic, and not you're own off-topic discussion.

As for my opinion, I think that it would have been neat to see them in the PWT. Maybe have them both with mirroring teams. Like, basically starter Pokemon, maybe a monkey, and then Pokemon that kind of act as rivals to one another. Maybe Musharna for Hilda mirroring Hilbert's masculine Conkeldurr. Something more or less along those lines.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Maybe they're saving the Hillbert/Hilda coding for a special Wi-Fi event like they did with the Gen III Musical event and Unova League PWT event.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I like how they didn't appear. Hildbert/Hilda would represent the character from BW, and it would be weird because since we've all played those games, it would be kind of representing our characters in a way. Plus they would have different teams and ofc names that ours, and I guess it would just be weird to have Gamefreak come in and basically say, "Those characters you played as two years ago aren't canon, these are the canon ones." I hope that made sense, it's kind of hard to explain! :3

I liked better how they would just reference our name in the BW2 storyline, weirdly enough.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I like how they didn't appear. Hildbert/Hilda would represent the character from BW, and it would be weird because since we've all played those games, it would be kind of representing our characters in a way. Plus they would have different teams and ofc names that ours, and I guess it would just be weird to have Gamefreak come in and basically say, "Those characters you played as two years ago aren't canon, these are the canon ones." I hope that made sense, it's kind of hard to explain! :3

I liked better how they would just reference our name in the BW2 storyline, weirdly enough.

They did the same thing with you in RBY in GSC and you FRLG in HGSS and no one was complaining, I think the same would be with this, I'm just sad they didn't make it in :C

QuickSilveri

Veteran
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Spoiler:
Good Luck

Regards, Chris

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Maybe they're saving the Hillbert/Hilda coding for a special Wi-Fi event like they did with the Gen III Musical event and Unova League PWT event.

This.

But maybe they cut them out because of Memory Link, since the Hilbert/Hilda appearing in the tournament would be inconsistent with the Hilbert/Hilda you played in BW1? Maybe this was supposed to be the NPC Hilbert/Hilda from BW1 (the one who joins you in the Battle Subway - so linking with a BW1 where you played Hilbert chooses Hilda as an opponent), but then again, the lines indicate that they met N, so...

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Spoiler:
Good Luck

Regards, Chris
First time I've heard that... you got a source on that?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
...Joining on the they sound like N bandwagon! Yeah, they sound like N...

If they were going to be in the PWT I don't think they'd have text like this. Thank goodness they aren't in the PWT because it would be very confusing. u_u But it would give them some sort of opportunity to become bigger characters in B2/W2 seeing as they aren't in it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they appear in a future downloadable tournament to be honest.

Pokemaster234

Pokemon Trainer
Years
haven't you guys thought what happened to Hilbert\Hilda? That leaves a Blank space on BW2.
I mean Many memory Links does not explain well what happened to them.And making Them
talk would be the same if Red Talked.

Back