Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: You play B2W2 on...
Nintendo DS 39 21.79%
Nintendo 3DS 112 62.57%
Both 28 15.64%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 12th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Panfisha
BIGGLYPUFF?

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Both.
DS games in a 3DS look weird; I think it's the re-sizing of the top and bottom screens (compared to the DSi.)
Though I do use my 3DS at times for the dream radar.

Soul Silver FC: 0861-5428-7860
3DS FC: 2406-5518-5103

http://cypress85.deviantart.com/

Old December 12th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
I'm playing on my DS Lite, but it's not a great experience, since my DS Lite keeps having this weird problem with the screen where everything turns white, and I have to fiddle with the top half to make it go away. It usually stays fine like that, but if I bend the top half to a certain point, the screen turns white again. As a result, my DS Lite's screen is always glitchy white when I turn it on.

I'm going to get a 3DS XL pretty soon though, so I'll probably never use my crappy DS Lite again (except now I can finally trade Pokemon between my games, once I get a 3DS).
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:52 AM
phonastik
Strange Quark

Nature: Quiet
I have both games and both systems, and usually I have Black 2 in my DS lite and White 2 in my 3DS. It does look a lot better on the DS, though. I also prefer the regular d-pad controls to the circle pad, so I use the d-pad on the 3DS as well.

Forever alone since '99.
Old December 13th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Turboblaze
Blazing Aura

I do the same thing except I play white 2 on my ds lite and black 2 on my 3ds and I also agree saying that it looks better on the lite.
Black 2: Pokedex-67/649 ~ Medals-31/255 ~ Trainer Card-Blue

White 2: Pokedex-65/649 ~ Medals-27/255 ~Trainer Card: Blue
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Nature: Calm
I never use my DS unless I want to mess around with action replay. I rarely even use my 3DS, but yes, I do play White 2 on my 3DS.

(Working on a better signature + avy)

Last edited by Fenrir Reki; December 13th, 2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: I typed Black 2 instead of White 2. Derp.
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:57 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
I'm playing on my DS Lite, but it's not a great experience, since my DS Lite keeps having this weird problem with the screen where everything turns white, and I have to fiddle with the top half to make it go away. It usually stays fine like that, but if I bend the top half to a certain point, the screen turns white again. As a result, my DS Lite's screen is always glitchy white when I turn it on.

I'm going to get a 3DS XL pretty soon though, so I'll probably never use my crappy DS Lite again (except now I can finally trade Pokemon between my games, once I get a 3DS).
Yeah, I kept my original 3DS for that reason - it's nice to trade my best Pokémon from Black to Black 2 and eventually from Black 2 to White 2 :D
Still young but no longer impressionable.

Old December 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Rewy
untitled follower

I use my 3DS for my White2 mainly just because it's the only console I can use for any kind of trading/DreamWorld things.
My other option is Lite and it doesn't like WPA2 webs... =(

Wonder Wedlocke X - Mudkip + Slowpoke | Flaffy + Flabébé | Zorua + Gible
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:25 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
I played Black 2, about 50 of the 60 hours, on my 3DS. I wish that the games had been for 3DS, but they were still fun on the DS. I c an't wait for a Pokemon game like this to come to the 3DS. I am so excited for one!!
Old December 31st, 2012, 03:36 PM
MidiMasterShiro
Music Hacker/Composer

Send a message via Skype™ to MidiMasterShiro
I've been playing Black 2 on my 3DS, since the hinge on my DS Lite is kinda loose and for Wi-Fi.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:35 PM
dontstay96
Grass-man

Nature: Modest
I'm playing it on emulator :3
3DS FC: 0533-5538-0146
IGN: Charles
Poison Safari: Gloom, Garbodor and Drapion (At least the Drapion is cool!)
Champion of the Single Grass Monotype Challenge on Pokémon Sapphire
Champion of the Nuzlocke Challenge on Pokémon Platinum
"No man can eat 50 eggs" - Tré Cool
I battle competitively with my favorite Pokémon, not with the most used or the ones with the better stats, copy this in your sig if you do it too.
Old January 12th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Imperator161

I'm mainly playing BW2 on my DS (alternating between the original DS and DS lite, depending on which one is easier to get to/has more battery life left). I have a 3DS, but it doesn't keep its charge too long, and at the moment, I prefer to use it for 3DS-exclusive games (and use one of my DS systems for DS games).
Diamond FC: 1504 2172 1147
White FC: 1721 2860 5156
3DS XL FC (X): 2466-2669-5197
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:05 PM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeninacra View Post
Yesterday I thought of playing White 2 on my 3DS, since it could be more comfortable for me not to be switching between both consoles (DS and 3DS) every time I wanted to play a DS or 3DS game... as soon as I started White 2, I remembered why I wasn't playing any DS game on it... yes, they look quite bad and I can't stand it.

So, I'm wondering, do you play B2/W2 on your 3DS? Or you prefer doing it on DS/DSi because of the bad look of the games on 3DS?
I'm actually strongly considering buying a DS Lite, because DS games look really bad on the 3DS screen. I wish Nintendo had forgone 3D in favour of doubling the resolution, because that way DS games would look just as crisp. But, gimmicks sell I guess! I also want a DS Lite because the 3DS's battery life is horrible. The standby is so amazingly bad.
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
no dont have a 3ds but i want one for the dream radar so i can catch Landorus, Thundurus, and Tornadus Therian Formes.
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellotime91 View Post
I'm actually strongly considering buying a DS Lite, because DS games look really bad on the 3DS screen. I wish Nintendo had forgone 3D in favour of doubling the resolution, because that way DS games would look just as crisp. But, gimmicks sell I guess! I also want a DS Lite because the 3DS's battery life is horrible. The standby is so amazingly bad.
It won't so much be a gimmick when X and Y come out.

The standby time seems to be remedied by turning wireless off, by the way.
Hiroshi Sotomura

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Piplup - Hacker
Scripter

The 3DS is too expensive for me xD So I use an emulator :3

Coming soon...
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
It won't so much be a gimmick when X and Y come out.

The standby time seems to be remedied by turning wireless off, by the way.
Uh, no, it's not going to be less of a gimmick when X and Y come out. There isn't anything in X and Y that needs to be in stereoscopic 3D. The only game I have seen that actually benefits functionally from 3D is Super Mario 3D Land, and that's only in a few areas. Pokemon X and Y aren't going to vindicate Nintendo's penchant for gimmicks in any way.

I always have wireless off unless I want to use the e-shop, and then I turn it off right after. The standby is still pathetic. I can't even leave it on standby overnight without it being dead when I wake up. I could leave my PS Vita on standby for over a month and I could still play a game for an hour when I finally use it again.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:52 PM
jgalvan100
*****monally Challenged

Nature: Naive
I play on my 3ds. Its all I have. And I don't mind the appearance of Ds games on the 3ds.
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
My grandma bought me 3DS XL today, I'm now playing it on my 3DS White and also at times Black 2... I will give my DS Lite to my little sister.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Snivysmiley
Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest
on 3DS, because to afford one I had to trade in my beloved DSi XL, but I honestly don't notice the drop in quality much
MY POKEMON BLOG
I'll trade or battle with anyone!
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I first began playing on my DS Lite but since they have introduced X & Y I'm trying to familiarize myself with controls of the 3DS.
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Crackin355
Mime Jr.

I play on my 3DS. It's either my first DS with scratches all over the bottom screen or the clean 3DS.

Also, I don't see how it makes the games look bad, they look just fine.

Kanto - Rainbow Badge - 5/3/13

----------------------------------------------------------
[Completed Monotype Challenges]
[Click on Type to go to Final Teams]
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
I play on my 3DS XL, I do have my DSi still but reeally don't see what's up with how it looks on there. Not to mention it was an expensive Christmas present, damn straight I'll be getting the use out of it!
Trainer Name // Autaven
Black 2 // 2795-9771-8345
White // 1334-6942-7142

Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
BlockedHeart
Pokemon Master

Nature: Brave
Play mine on my 3DS XL without the Start + Select trick and although the pixelation can be a little unnerving sometimes... I love the feel of the 3DS XL and how large the spread between your hands and the screen is, perfect sized console no matter what the resolution. Haven't had a real problem with it yet.
"You can't ever win if you're always on the defensive. To win, you have to attack." - Kira
Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:09 PM
QuickSilveri
Veteran

DS 'til I die! (or until X/Y forces me to get a 3DS)

Regards, Chris
Black 2 FC: 1163-8590-1762
Lvl 100 Count: 160
Hall Of Fame Count: 540
Started: Pokemon Yellow for GBC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old January 23rd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I did play Black 2 on the 3DS, it was a bit annoying with the blurriness, but was enough to bear during the game.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here