The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 14th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

- Justin Bieber (I didn't care until my mom said she wanted him! /cuts)
- Rap music
- Shipping
- Touhou
- Naruto
- Anime girls
- Pikachu :)
- Girls feeling fat/ugly when they're not
- Youtube trends (sees 362 dislikes) and someone posts "362 people wished they were ninjas" etc

No one understands my obsessions, though. x)
Old December 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Dr. Montague
FOnewm

Nature: Calm
- Twilight- Probably the most obvious one. Vampires used to have the reputation of being sinister-like, not sparkling in the daylight.
- Justin Bieber- I saw a book of him in the "Just for Kids" section at Barnes & Nobles yesterday.
- People who talk LyK3 d1$- I fail to find the appeal in this
- Shipping- No offense to anyone who is into it. I'm just personally not.
- People who upload pictures/statuses on Facebook constantly- Yes, you appear to have a life. I do not need to know about it every 20 minutes

That's all I can think of right now

Old December 18th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

Pokémon. Seriously.

Okay, not seriously. xD Here are some:
-People hating Twilight. Sure, it's bad. But reminding everyone just makes a huge deal out of something bad. Also, I don't see the point when the argument is "Real vampires are not like that". Like real vampires exist.
-Zelda. Yeah, I like it. But I don't see how Ocarina of Time is the best game ever.
-UT Pokémon
-Some old Disney movies. (Lady and the Tramp for example) I don't like a lot of the current animated movies, though.
-Dungeons & Dragons

There might be a lot more, but I guess I don't think about them too much.

Old December 18th, 2010, 03:50 PM
SamuraiMaster
and his son, Layne (Buizel).

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to SamuraiMaster
BAD OBBSESSIONS
-Vampires. (The Vampire trend needs to die)
-Pop music (Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber, Myley Cyrus, etc etc etc)
-Rap/Hip-Hop music (sorry, but I think 99% of this genre plain sucks.)
-Glee (Vocal covers of rock songs don't work)
- Pirates (Pirate trend kinda needs to die now.)
-Christmas music (Same old boring stuff remixed and played a 1000 times again each year. When will enough be enough?)
-Guitar Hero (I am still somewhat of a fan, but when you have friends that can play Through the Fire and the Flames' intro without looking, you know the game needs to die)
-Johnny Depp (In my opinion, has become one of the worst actors ever.)

GOOD OBSESSIONS
-Pokemon. (I love it. I still don't know why. I don't know if I ever will know why I love this thing so damn much...............)

Mystery Dungeon: Through the Never
I'd appreciate any reviews on my fic.
Old December 18th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Raiskit
[ e v i l l i g h t ]

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Raiskit
Quote:
-Guitar Hero (I am still somewhat of a fan, but when you have friends that can play Through the Fire and the Flames' intro without looking, you know the game needs to die)
^ That's funny~

- Cheese; It's yummy and everything, but seriously..?
- Vampires; wow, blood, cool
- Shipping; not everyone has to be shipped people
- Gum; you chew it, wooooow
- rocks; ... it's a rock
- seashells; um, ..it's a seashell
- shoes; really? really?

" She resolved herself to do this even if it [ cost her life ] "
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
I don't get why people change their gender on forums (like for example a male constantly changing their gender between male and female).
Guilty as charged, but the reason I do it is because of what goes on in my head.

Quote:
Guitar Hero (I am still somewhat of a fan, but when you have friends that can play Through the Fire and the Flames' intro without looking, you know the game needs to die)
Funny. That was posted not too long before it was declared dead.

I'm going to try avoiding easy targets (pop artists, TV shows, and films that are obviously not targeted towards me.)

Weeaboo-ism: I struggle to see why people would see Japan as something so amazing that they prefer everything from it above everything else. Some want to go far as learning Japanese just for their anime which... will then become absolutely useless after they lose interest and they look down and realize spending so much devotion on the language wasn't the greatest of ideas (unless I actually go to Japan, of course.)

Brand Loyalty ( AKA Fanboying/Fangirling)... over anything - Despite that you love it so much, everything has their own flaws and strengths over one another. Get over it.

Furry Fandom - I understand what there is to like about it, but just not at the highest of magnitudes. While I did find this one documentary interesting, it didn't really answer my questions.

Materialism - Mostly associated with the 'Apple Cult' with needing to have the new expensive stuff as soon as it comes out. Sure some may admire you and be jealous for it, but the general population will think you're ridiculous and thing you just took a lighter to your last week's pay.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Swag trend: It just looks bad and it makes rap look bad since most people that dresses up like that tends to listen to 'rap' and 'hiphop' and give real rap a bad name.

Justin Bieber fans: Just because you like his looks doesn't mean he has talent. I'm hating on him because he's making money and I'm not? Take out most of the girl fans he got, what does he have? Not much more of a fan base.

Twilight hate: It's a bad movie based on a bad novel yes, but they have tons of movies that are worse.

People hating on rock/rap: Just because you don't listen to a certain genre, doesn't automatically make it "suck." Both rap and rock have their own fair share of worthless artists and bands. None of them are superior to each other.

Bronies: I hate those people that watch MLP and say that if you don't watch it you automatically suck. Just because I don't enjoy a 7 year old TV show doesn't mean I suck. Stop trying to shove your interest other into other peoples throats.

Call Of Duty: It's a FPS game that tends to repeat practically the same process as the previous game, I don't see how it keeps getting rated by people as the best game ever.

Chain letters/ 'Like if you' pictures: You won't die by a girl tonight, so don't share that picture. And I really don't think your mom is going to die in 2 days if you don't post that chain letter to 10 different people.

Pop/bad rap radio music: All these song abou getting laid, drinking, smoking and clubbing are getting really old. Also kids listen to the radio

Disney pop kids: I hate those kids, go back with animated mouses, ducks and dogs. Those were more fun to look at.

Apple products: No. They're not the 'best' things out there. It's just that you don't know how to compare it to other products.

Weed: Just because tons of kids are doing it means you gotta smoke too? Stop please. You're not a total gangster for smoking weed. Your parents still give you a curfew and they gave you a bed time.

Alcohol: No, I don't wanna get wasted and have the best night of my life and won't even remember what the hell happened to me. How would I know it was the best night ever when I can't even remember what the hell I did? I prefer knowing what I did that night and knowing it was fun.

PS3/Xbox 360/Wii/PC war: We don't care which console you like better. Each of them are good in their own way. Now shut up and enjoy whatever you prefer without having to shove it down the throats of other people.

Sorry if I offended anyone. These are my opinions.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
This is kind of hard to explain and it stems from my Tumblr addiction, but I can't understand when people are obsessed with a celebrity to the point where they don't even bother trying to distinguish between the real person and the character.

Robert Downey Jr is a great guy. He's funny. He played Tony Stark, but he's not actually Tony Stark. There may be things he does that Tony Stark also does (i.e. breathing, looking at people, walking, smiling), but he's not Tony Stark. Tom Hiddleston may embrace his role as Loki, but he is not actually Loki.

Then on the other end of the spectrum you have Robert Pattinson, who absolutely hates Twilight and he's a wonderful person for pushing himself as far away from it as he can.
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:44 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
- Justin Beiber
- One Direction
- Pikachu
- Twilight
- "SWAG" and "YOLO"
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
OK I honestly don't know what's happened here. Somebody made a thread on this exact topic and then 40 minutes later someone posts in this thread instead...

But what I do know is that this thread has been revived from over two years ago. Please do not post in threads that have not been posted in for more than one month.

Locked.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links