• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
This sounds like a great idea. I would based the HP stuff on the Base HP stat rather than the actual HP, since that changes the higher you level up. Something like 75-150-225-300 for that one, maybe? Not sure how the other stat values should work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
For HP I thought it would be good to keep it for leveling up since if you selected your Life Pokemon early on you most likely would get the bare minimum of almost essential functions. As for the other stats I can just figure out the average height and weight of Pokemon from each reigon and apply that figure to that game. What I like about this is that you get to choose to either get a favorite team and face the potential challenges that come with it, ot try to get the best stats and work to find the best team for that.

Years
That is pretty much it. The one I'm doing at the moment is every Pokémon in existence in Black 2. They're lots of fun and great for people who want to do a challenge, but not start a new game.

Oh okay, so you try to beat the elite four with different Pokemon after you've already ebaten them the first time? Like, you use your team in BW2 and then challenge it again with different teams?

Years
Whilst playing through the Legendary Trio challenge, I realised that I was going through the game at a very fast rate. After completing Crystal in under 24 hours (real time) and around 30 hours (in game time) I was thinking of creating a speed challenge, one that involves every Pokémon game out there and people try to get the quickest time possible for that game. Looking around, I couldn't find anything that resembled that challenge.
Does anyone think that this is a good idea? :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
That sounds like the extremespeed challenge being run by lmfao. Word up. It can be found in this forum. Its basically just a speed run.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't want to do any speed runs for a while, especially after the pain of that Get-Together Challenge. My Blastoise was soooo underlevelled.
altaria_with_baby_swablu_by_acidkitty3-d3fxs2f.gif

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Sure, sure... Just IGNORE something that I feel quite proud of.

Jerks...
I don't think that was intentional, the next post went to the next page, so it can be easy for people to miss it, I know I did until I saw this comment. Save your vitrol for real malice, please.

And good job on creating that page, although to be honest I am not a Reddit user. If you can make it big that would be cool though.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Catchless Challenge

CatchlessChallenge
Go through the game using only Pokémon given to you by NPC's.Rules 1. I said given to you, not traded to you.
No in-game trades, or trades at all.
2. No catching any Pokémon at all under any circumstances.

Can someone start a thread for this please, I will join as soon as.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
CatchlessChallenge
Go through the game using only Pokémon given to you by NPC's.Rules 1. I said given to you, not traded to you.
No in-game trades, or trades at all.
2. No catching any Pokémon at all under any circumstances.

Can someone start a thread for this please, I will join as soon as.
I think there used to be a challenge just like this. Anyway, if you plan on participating then why have someone else post the thread? You may as well do it your self. It's fun to be in charge of a challenge!

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
I think there used to be a challenge just like this. Anyway, if you plan on participating then why have someone else post the thread? You may as well do it your self. It's fun to be in charge of a challenge!
Yeah good point. But I was wondering, do you think this would even become popular?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sure, sure... Just IGNORE something that I feel quite proud of.

Jerks...

Late, but please refrain from the insults. No one is intentionally ignoring you. Like JD says, posts that are last on a page tend to get missed. No need to get upset.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years

Hmm yeah I'm agreeing with Necrum :3! If you're participating you might as well make the thread yourself and its definitely fun organising it! However if you want someone else to do it, I'm sure I could do it if you want <3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back