• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Friend Request Accepted!

Years
If you get a Friend request on a website like this do you accept it or not?
Do you say yes to all friend requests or not?
Do you generally send friend requests to people or not often?

I will sometimes get one here. Honestly, I prefer to only accept requests from people Im familiar with in other places because I feel most comfortable. I also generally do not send many, mostly because I am shy.

Years
I'll probably accept any friend request on PC. Any other online thing I'd be more hesitant to because of not necessarily knowing who it is, but on PC I can at least look at their profile and have some idea of who they are and there's not a great chance of my being spammed or harassed or anything since the forum is moderated.

mikey

Discord Lead
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I only accept requests if I somewhat know the person. If I have never spoken to them before, I deny.

Years
I accept all friend requests, but if the user gets banned or goes inactive I will remove them from the list.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I'm still getting used to the system as being integrated into a forum, but I generally know the deal.

I suppose I tend to accept every request without really ever looking into why, though most of them are from people I spoke with or carry conversations with. I figure if there wasn't a good reason, they probably wouldn't've sent it. Seeing as I'm also still new here, I don't quite feel like I'm in a position to start sending them off, either. I'm still pretty nervous, though I'm getting more comfortable as the days pass.

So in short, as of now I'll accept anybody, though I'll question it if I have no idea why the request was sent, and I won't send any off right now due to shyness and general unfamiliarity.

Years
I'm pretty selective about my friend requests. I follow the TOP 20 RULE which basically means that I keep only twenty friends on PC. So yeah if you're one of the twenty, feel honored that the Overlord recognizes you as an ally.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I'd usually look at their profile first before making a decision. It's a good chance I will accept the friend request, it would be rare if I denied it. Elsewhere, I probably wouldn't add them because I don't know who they are, and I can be quite wary.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Since this is a forum we're all on cuz we all relate pokemon, i'm ok with accepting any freind request. But i usually like to get to know, or at least talk to the person first. I do usuually check their profile first if we havnt talked much.

I dont send freind request frequently, but just mostly to people i've talk to alot, or have something in common in the person we both recognised.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I don't often get friend requests foreveralone, but if I do I usually accept them. There's no harm, at least in my opinion, in getting to know someone even after they friend request you.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I usually only get friend requests from people I already know. Only one person I didn't know did...he sent a VM and a friend request. I replied and accepted it...we haven't spoken since then. x:

Years
Chances are I'll probably accept a friend request if I was sent one, but I still usually check through their profile and stuff beforehand. Although, half of them aren't active on the site anymore (including one who I know in real life), so I might get around to deleting them eventually.

Years
I accept everyone, but hardly add any myself. I just wait for everyone else to do the work. ;) There's only been a few times where I go "they aren't on my friends list??" and have added them myself.

I'm not picky with my friends list, because I don't see it as a huge deal. It's a list of people I like and have interacted with. It's like friends on Facebook, I guess.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I'll accept anyone, under the assumption they're actually interested in being my friend. I undergo a spring cleaning every so often on my profile, just as a little fulfilling activity, and I rid contacts I don't really touch base with. Sorry if one of those contacts was you!

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
I'll accept whoever, if I have the slightest interest in getting to know them, I'll probably start talking to them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I am veryveryveryveryveryvery strict when it comes to friend requests. If I get a random request out of nowhere, there is a 99.99999999% chance that I'll reject it. I only accept friend requests if I talked to the person via VM or PM AND if we established a connection between each other. I do tend to keep my friends list number as small as possible, and I do clean it out very often.

PokéZoom

~Gotta Catch Em All
Years
If it's a forum, I accept all friend requests while if it's something like Facebook or Skype, I rarely accept anyone even if I do know them... I'm pretty lonely on this forum, so send me a friend request if you accept them all too haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Usually I accept anyone who adds me on here, but I usually prune my friends list every other week and remove people I don't really speak to. Only because I like keeping my friend's list as short as humanly possible without feeling like I'm losing people.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I accept friend requests from people I've spoken to before. I tend to prune the list every 6 months and get rid of banned members or people I just can't remember talking to.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm not one to send friend requests, and I don't really receive that many. When I do receive friend requests though, most of the time I'm inclined to accept. Although, I might begin to prune my friends list to those who I only talk to on a regular basis.

Back