The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
You'll probably won't like my idea for a Electric/Fire type Lava Lamp Snail hybrid, since it's also based off of a human invention/creation.
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Patrick
Winter Love
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
^A very weird thing to read the first time stopping by here.

Now that I got some context, though, I'll add to that. Aren't Pokemon like Magnemite and Porygon artificial anyway? Voltorb, I'm not sure about that line. Still, it doesn't seem like it'd be a stretch to include similar ideas to that. I dunno, it's not like I've seen much of the new Pokemon anyway (though I distinctly remember a freaky gear looking thing. Might one of you be referring to that?).

A dice Pokemon would probably look better if it wasn't as verbatim as it sounds. It's basically a rounded edged white cube with non symmetrical dalmatian like spots on all but one side, but the "two" side would be the eyes. Or the "one" side if it's a one eyed creature. I dunno, sounds kind of cute, like an inspiration straight from Tokidoki or something. In fact, that's the only thing I'd be worried about, people claiming that Pokemon's gonna just start adding faces to everything like it's part of a fad.

When it evolves, it should become a 20 sided polygonal die or something really unnerving, like Claydol.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old January 13th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Zac from Unova
Unhatched Egg

Like in the most serious way, I wanna know if any of you, as trainers, have formed REAL bonds of trust with a pokemon you've raised. Given them a personality, developed them, given them sentience in your imagination. If so, who is the pokemon you are closest to? What is their name? Species? What's their story? Why do you love them?
Old January 13th, 2013, 04:48 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
You'll probably won't like my idea for a Electric/Fire type Lava Lamp Snail hybrid, since it's also based off of a human invention/creation.
That reminds me of one of Smogon's fan-Pokémon Mollux. It's poison/fire though.
Click here for it~
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
That reminds me of one of Smogon's fan-Pokémon Mollux. It's poison/fire though.
Click here for it~
Mollux did brought inspiration to my fakemon, as well as the Electric/Water type shrimp.

BTW, a friend of mine has sent me this Kotaku link regarding Pokemon that's almost a year old. I must warn, it's pretty awful: http://kotaku.com/5888595/ten-ways-t...o-one-ever-was
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Shiny Bidoof
On fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac from Unova View Post
Like in the most serious way, I wanna know if any of you, as trainers, have formed REAL bonds of trust with a pokemon you've raised. Given them a personality, developed them, given them sentience in your imagination. If so, who is the pokemon you are closest to? What is their name? Species? What's their story? Why do you love them?
I always form a bond with the starters. They're there since the beginning! If I stop using them I feel like I'm abandoning them.

I also loved Togepi. metronome is such a cool ability. I would use it all the time to see what would happen.

Only other one I can think of now is the Slowking I used to have. He was so cool. Never got another one.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Sometimes! My boyfriend has a Serious Stoutland in his Black game that I used to mess with him about by putting it in Musicals and stuff and he would get all annoyed because the poor Stoutland is SO SERIOUS and does not appreciate having a pink bow and a flowery hat put on it. I don't think it even had a nickname though. :(
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:00 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Sometimes! My boyfriend has a Serious Stoutland in his Black game that I used to mess with him about by putting it in Musicals and stuff and he would get all annoyed because the poor Stoutland is SO SERIOUS and does not appreciate having a pink bow and a flowery hat put on it. I don't think it even had a nickname though. :(
That made me laugh Toujours hahahaha.

I'm protective of my Gorebyss in my Ruby, when my brother threatened to release it, I kicked him in a place where you don't want to be kicked.
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Sometimes! My boyfriend has a Serious Stoutland in his Black game that I used to mess with him about by putting it in Musicals and stuff and he would get all annoyed because the poor Stoutland is SO SERIOUS and does not appreciate having a pink bow and a flowery hat put on it. I don't think it even had a nickname though.
LOL. Seriously man, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Bidoof View Post
I always form a bond with the starters. They're there since the beginning! If I stop using them I feel like I'm abandoning them.

I also loved Togepi. metronome is such a cool ability. I would use it all the time to see what would happen.

Only other one I can think of now is the Slowking I used to have. He was so cool. Never got another one.
Same here! I always put my starters in my team no matter what!

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:32 AM
Pyrax
World Class Baka

Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrax
Quote:
Personally, all of my teams (especially starters) count once I've beaten the game
Choosing a specific game, it's probably the Gardevoir (Zoe) from my most recent Emerald playthrough. I mean, for example she utterly decimated a couple of gym leaders (Norman is the only one I could remember).
Other than that, there's also my shiny Pidgeot (Feather) whom I caught as a Pidgey in LeafGreen 7 or 8 years ago, the same Pidgeot that's currently sitting in one of my boxes in White.

---------------------------------------------
Also, I may be thinking too hard about this, but...

Spoiler:
Let's be realistic...
There are at least 10 or so trainers in any given Pokémon Centre (centres in cities definitely have more than 10 at any given time, can't say the same for rural area), meaning that there are at least a a handful of sexually mature trainers in each centre.
A bunch of teenagers travelling across the country and staying the night in a building along with other teenagers doing the same thing. Don't tell me there's nothing going on at night.
Furthermore, PokéCenters have strict rules regarding sex within the rooms, ranging from the obvious (use protection, don't be too loud, keep your team in their pokéballs, etc) to more specific and intimate rules and regulations.

TL;DR - Pokémon Trainers are getting it on with each other in pokémon centres.
The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
<- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

Last edited by Pyrax; January 19th, 2013 at 05:31 AM.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:05 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Does anyone know if there are links or forums that have Sanctioned events information? Such like Vids and people who have been in the events
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Sanctioned as in official? NuggetBridge.com has a lot of videos and interviews from participants in the tournaments so you can check that out.

And in other news, I did my latest English homework on Pokemon. :B

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Rainbow Daaash
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Hardy
I saw what was probably a fraud list of Pokemon from sixth gen earlier today- I was fairly certain it was fraud because of some of the names and typings (they suggested Yveltal was ghost/flying and Xerneas was rock/psychic. They also suggested a pre-evolution to Pinsir and heracross- as well as evolutions to Sawk and Throw named Sawkem and Throwem ) BUT- I didn't care that it was fake or that it was potential news on sixth gen. I cared that there were a lot of typings I really wanted to see.

Grass / Fire was one, and a LONG standing typing I've wanted to see. Besides all the weaknesses of each typing their pairing neutralizes, they would have pretty good offensive attack types, and if it got a decent move pool, there would be tons of things you could do with it! I really think Grass Fire would be a neat type :3 A few other ones they suggested were Dark Electric, Fighting Flying, and Fire Psychic. ALL typings I'd love to see that font exist yet.
Old March 9th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Diversity Pumpkin
Booted out - don't be like me!

I made a new Pokémon Black 2 file yesterday
Old March 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
KingKoopa9
Unhatched Egg

i've been searching sparkling sea for a couple of days now and i can't find slowpoke. is it because i'm using white 2 or can anybody help me with this? i'm willing to trade for a legit slowpoke from the sparkling sea
Old March 17th, 2013, 09:25 PM
rebelxgirl

Nature: Timid
Apparently they make hanging cat house things with Pokemon on them.
I did not know this until my parents went to see my grandma & she'd apparently found this thing somewhere, who knows where, & knows I still love Pokemon so she bought it & sent it down to me via my parents. I'm very proud of her, LOL.

I just thought I'd share this bit of information, hopefully I did so in the right place as it isn't gaming related, but Pokemon related. But I think its a hanging cat house, that's what it looks like from the stock ones I've seen in the pet store. I could be wrong. It could be something else entirely. BUT. It has various Pokemon all over it & that's all I care about.

School & stuff is eating away at my life. PM me if you're interested in trading.
Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.
Working on my Vivillon collection. Need: Sandstorm, Monsoon, & Savanna
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

What generation is it from? That sounds...really strange hahaha.
Old March 18th, 2013, 05:58 AM
PokeLordAndrew
Emulation Noob

Does anyone else get extremely amused when they imagine Bisharp in social situations?
Like, he goes to hug someone.
"Oops, I seem to have impaled you my good fellow, my condolences"

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeLordAndrew View Post
Does anyone else get extremely amused when they imagine Bisharp in social situations?
Like, he goes to hug someone.
"Oops, I seem to have impaled you my good fellow, my condolences"
Haha poor Bisharp would never be able to show his love to another pokemon

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

What about Pokemon like Sharpedo with Rough Skin as their ability so they can never touch another Pokemon? Although I don't think Sharpedo wants to have any friends, honestly...
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM
rebelxgirl

Nature: Timid
Quote:
What generation is it from? That sounds...really strange hahaha.
Gen 4 I think. It's got Piplup, Chimchar, Pikachu, & Turtwig. I suppose it could be a hanging thing for socks/underwear or something. It's a 3 story type deal. I'll have to take a picture & post it. I don't know. My grandma found it somewhere in her tiny little town. Whatever it is I like it & I'm proud other for recognizing Pokemon lol.

School & stuff is eating away at my life. PM me if you're interested in trading.
Don't kill me if I disappear in a trade, I work in public safety, sometimes stuff happens. I'll be back.
I have a Rock type Friend Safari with Boldore, Corsola, & Barbacle. PM me to trade FCs.
Working on my Vivillon collection. Need: Sandstorm, Monsoon, & Savanna
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
I just started season 5 masters quest, and the whirl cup (that water pokemon competition).

I scene the writers are running low on ideas, wonder what season 6 will be like. Could someone write me a little preview on what happens in season 6?

Picture added for cuteness.

Spoiler:

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 26th, 2013, 07:31 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

I have a question. Compared to a real-life item or animal? How big would Joltik be based on his PokéDex stats from B/W?
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
Yep, that's me
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naughty
Hey, how many seasons of Pokemon are there?

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
My favorite evolution series

Kiwi Land|Thunder Bolt Forums|ProBoards After Dark|New Zealand

Old March 27th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu View Post
Hey, how many seasons of Pokemon are there?
Currently, there are 16 seasons of the dubbed Pokemon anime. They are as follows:

Season 1 - Pokemon: Indigo League
Season 2 - Pokemon: Adventures in the Orange Islands
Season 3 - Pokemon: The Johto Journeys
Season 4 - Pokemon: Johto League Champions
Season 5 - Pokemon: Master Quest
Season 6 - Pokemon: Advanced
Season 7 - Pokemon: Advanced Challenge
Season 8 - Pokemon: Advanced Battle
Season 9 - Pokemon: Battle Frontier
Season 10 - Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl
Season 11 - Pokemon: DP Battle Dimension
Season 12 - Pokemon: DP Galactic Battles