Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:29 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
SimTower, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Starcraft 1, and Diablo 2 were probably the games that sucked the most time out of my childhood. Each of them is fantastic in its own special way.
Doctors Without Borders: one of the few charity groups you can rely on to actually do real good in the world.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old January 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Sooyun
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
Nature: Sassy
Final Fantasy: Tactics, Tactics Advance, 9 (never finished to this day), X, X-2, 12 (it's not that old, but it was the last game I purchased and I have yet to finish it)
Pokemon: Red, lost Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire was the last cartridge I ever bought, Snap, sold Hey You Pikachu, Stadium 2
Zelda OoT
Evil Zone, Bust a Groove 1 + 2 (borrowed from a cousin but now play on emulator), Soul Caliber 2, Legend of Mana, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Crash Bandicoot Warped (gotta emulate it now, but controls via keyboard is ebdrbcechbdb), Shadow of Destiny, Sims in the City...

In short, I like games where it's more or less open and I can choose what I want to do even if the end result isn't all that different (i.e., I can make my team the way I want, choose the fighter I want, go to this or that world, etc.). Nothing brain numbingly linear where I have no choice in customization.
X FC: 4484-9012-9702

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
mozartm99

For me it was Jak and Daxter, gran torismo 3 and 4, zoo tycoon, and tomb raider. I still play Jak and Daxter on the ps3 with the HD collection. I also played ratchet and clank deadlocked.
Demons run when a good man goes to war,
night will fall and drown the sun
when a good man goes to war
Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and dark will rise
when a good man goes to war
Demons run, but count the cost
the battle's won, but the child is lost.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:27 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
A lot of old DOS games were games of my childhood, like Jazz Jackrabbit, One Must Fall, Tyrian, stuff like that.

I also grew up with Pokemon and Legend of Zelda, with OoT and Gold/Silver being my childhood favorites.

There's also another DOS game I played in my youth that if any here has heard of, I will instantly think you are awesome:

BEST. POINT-AND-CLICK ADVENTURE GAME. EVER.
And an AMAZING soundtrack to boot.

That intro doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

The game's available on Steam and D2D, so as far as I'm concerned you have no reason to not get it.
CarcharOdin gets high on life to forget about drugs.

Last edited by CarcharOdin; January 17th, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old January 20th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Gzomyndzor
Nature/Egg Move/IV Breeder

Nature: Timid
Super Mario World on the SNES! My favourite game of all time :D Played it since I was like 6, love it so much and still provides a challenge for me today (star road).
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
Spoiler:

The first game I can ever remember playing when I was about six (yep). Duke Nukem Forever was boring and bad but this one was WAY better.
My favourite level was and still is a tie between Babe Land and Duke Burger.
My Challenges:

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:58 PM
Pleiades
I am the Dragonairborn!

Nature: Bold
Anyone else play Mischief Makers or Snowboard Kids? Those were my absolute favorites.
That, and Kirby 64. I never beat it as a kid, but two years ago I finally completed it 100%.
I am the Dragonairborn!
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:02 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I actually sparsely remember playing a lot on the N64, specifically Mario games but I can't get quite get my head around which ones. I also enjoyed FIFA from whenever I could play; I think the first FIFA I played was '02. Lastly, I played Formula games as I was getting into my 7th year of life...ah the good times. :3
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:22 PM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties
Community Supporter

Super Mario World, most of the original platformers on the Playstation, most of the Zelda's up to MM, and god knows how many games on my cousin's genesis.
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:48 PM
Caelus
Gone

I remember my cousin in Europe had what I think was an NES. I might have played Super Mario Bros. on it but I really don't remember it that well.

I do remember coming to the US and my cousin here had an N64, which included games like Banjo Tooie and Super Mario 64. I used to play those all the time when I came over.
-
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here