The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 14th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Forever
let it go

In previous games, you had things such as memorial sites for Pokemon that have passed away, and mansions with spooky/haunted things going on. In these games, it has been said that your bond with Pokemon will be closer than ever. This leads to the question as to whether these haunted (whatever includes a load of ghost Pokemon, basically) _____ will make a return, as they have been in previous games. If so, would this mean that passed Pokemon's resting place will make a return yet again, as opposed to the haunted mansion we saw in the previous game and in DPPt? Would this mean you get more interaction with others' passed Pokemon, and when you touch the coffin you hear stories of their lives? And even so would you like this location to be as important as it was in R/S, where you got the orbs of the legendaries? Or would you rather the spooky locations be somewhere less important but instead have an interesting quality to them? If so, how? Share your thoughts!
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I think an actual Cemetery/Mausoleum would be a cool change of pace. Like a literal, outdoors Cemetery, with like a Mausoleum-like building somewhere on the sprawling property. They should make it with like hills, some big trees, and dotted with tombstones everywhere. It could be a side-quest thing with like an HM or some item(s) hidden in it. And now that we have 3D, it would be quite possible to do.
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Hm, I wonder if a pokemon like the Ghost Marowak from Gen 1 could be in these games.

I mean, it's apparent that pokemon can die in a very unfortunate and viscous way, so they can turn into restless spirits. An outdoor cemetery can be nice for a change; I hope it has a good purpose like RSE or RBY.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Vehks

Zombie pokemon? Yes, we need zombie pokemon!
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
i think a crematorium would be really spooky, it would be quite a bit different and maybe a little too spooky but it would be kind of interesting

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:04 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Crypt Diving, Tomb Raiding Level would be awesome!
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
An outdoor cemetery could definitely benefit the region both visually and to allow for a wider variety of Pokémon to be caught! Going into such an area at night would be a great experience, especially for a Pokémon game! And it would especially benefit from Day/Night Pokémon returning.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'd honestly like to see some catacombs or the like, morbid is great in my book.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... what spooky place hasn't been used before? Well we know we've had memorial places that are inside, such as the Pokémon Tower, the Lavender Town Pokémon House, and Mt. Pyre interior. And then we've had haunted buildings such as the Old Chateau and Strange House.

But what we haven't had... is an outdoor Graveyard. Now I would really like to see something like that in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Something like that with having Grass where you can capture some Ghost Pokémon, and during the night... having some spooky things occurring, and even an event.

Hm... interesting. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:24 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Mausoleum would be pretty freaky, or how about, a Sunken Ship?

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I think an actual Cemetery/Mausoleum would be a cool change of pace. Like a literal, outdoors Cemetery, with like a Mausoleum-like building somewhere on the sprawling property. They should make it with like hills, some big trees, and dotted with tombstones everywhere. It could be a side-quest thing with like an HM or some item(s) hidden in it. And now that we have 3D, it would be quite possible to do.
This is what I thought of immediately. We've had buildings, we've had mountains, but we still haven't had a good ol' fashioned cemetery. I'd finally like to see something like that, Buffy-style. Being in 3D, I could imagine a light haze lingering around the eery location like in RSE with the backdrop of this really haunting music. At night, it would look fantastic. Seriously, the more I think about it, the more I hope it happens.

Speaking of the different stories that could be told about the diseased Pokémon who rest there, I would like to see some of their ghosts lingering around from time to time. Sort of like the ghost in DPPt if any of you remember.

If we can finally have a Pokémon of the undead introduced, then I don't see anyplace better than the cemetery to make it available.
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
As others have said an outdoor Cemetery would be nice, dark with fog surrounding it could give it a great effect. Mt. Pyre is different...

Old January 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

Nature: Timid
It would be interesting if there was a place where a great tragedy happened and many lives were lost. Like a battleground where pokémon were used as weapons. I wonder if gamefreak would go that far, but it would be nice. A bit sad too.
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Well, a cemetery would be cool, but if you wanted to have a more dark tone to it, we could have a place within the evil team's base where they performed experiments on Pokemon...and failed, killing the Pokemon which turned them into ghosts. However, GF probably wouldn't do anything like this.

I personally am fine with anything that allows for a good creepypasta or two.~
Old January 15th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
Well, a cemetery would be cool, but if you wanted to have a more dark tone to it, we could have a place within the evil team's base where they performed experiments on Pokemon...and failed, killing the Pokemon which turned them into ghosts. However, GF probably wouldn't do anything like this.

I personally am fine with anything that allows for a good creepypasta or two.~
I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility. If you recall, the Pokémon Tower from Lavender Town was haunted by a mother Marowak that was killed by the hands of Team Rocket in trying to protect its child Cubone. Then in GSC/HGSS, Team Rocket was cutting off the tails of Slowpoke and selling them.

Every generation, Pokémon seems to take a step more in an attempt at darker themes, and with these games likely dealing with genetics, it's definitely possible they could go down this route.
Old January 15th, 2013, 01:29 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
A foggy cemetary or a very dark forest like in The Blair Witch project. And the soundtrack to these places can be very scary now.
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:05 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I think something like this would be a wonderful idea. I've never liked how Pokémon had always used a tower to house the dead because I have never seen one of those before in my life. A traditional cemetery would be a good change.
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
Oh yes. A dark forest would be LOVELY. And make sure that the soundtrack is full of DRUMS. LOUD SCARY DRUMS. That will attract people. XD I'm not even being sarcastic.
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid
I was gonna say I'd like an actual outdoors cemetery like people have suggested, but when you consider that Pokemon are pets in this world, it makes sense to me that they have these towers dedicated to them. I imagine they made Pokemon and Celestial Tower as specialized Pokemon cemeteries because they're not human, they're pets. There are more wild than in captivity, unlike humans which almost all of us get buried. Not all Pokemon, nor all pets/animals to go back to that analogy, are going to be buried. Plus, these places are rather nice. I imagine it might cost a pretty penny to have your Pokemon buried there, and I think that's another reason they're not outside.

btw. We do have a semi-outside cemetery anyway. There's an outside portion of Mt. Pyre, which I guess ruins my point (or it's the cheaper alternative to having your Pokemon buried indoors), but even still, it has an main inside portion (that needs fixing up...you seen them holes in there?!) and a smaller outside part. So idk what you wanna make of that.

For this game, I wouldn't mind seeing an outside one, even though I feel it makes more sense for a Pokemon cemetery to not resemble a human cemetery, but it would be a nice change of pace.

A crematorium is a bit...much for me honestly, lol. Our band practice field is next to a funeral home/crematorium and well, it was a little unnerving when one day, there was smoke coming from it...meaning they were burning someone's body while we were there. And the smoke was blowing our way. And we were breathing dead people. Yeah...just...really creepy.

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old January 15th, 2013, 04:33 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

I really like the idea of zombie Pokemon and catacombs coming to game that would be such an awesome idea. Maybe even like a huge cemetery that is the size of a city.

Old January 15th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Since the game has French/European influences, I'd bet that there would be a haunted château. A cemetary also makes sense because Père Lachaise Cemetery is a French cemetery and apparently the world's most visited cemetery (and is supposedly haunted).
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:16 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
Gen I
Pokemon Tower

Gen II
Johto seems to lack one, as it has the Radio tower xD

Gen III
Mt. Pyre

Gen IV
Old Chateau

Gen V
Haunted mansion

Gen VI?
I think maybe a cemetary since they lack one, I mean like an outside one, not like the Tower or Pyre xD
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I was gonna say I'd like an actual outdoors cemetery like people have suggested, but when you consider that Pokemon are pets in this world, it makes sense to me that they have these towers dedicated to them. I imagine they made Pokemon and Celestial Tower as specialized Pokemon cemeteries because they're not human, they're pets.
For this game, I wouldn't mind seeing an outside one, even though I feel it makes more sense for a Pokemon cemetery to not resemble a human cemetery, but it would be a nice change of pace.
I have seen outdoors pet cemeteries, so I don't think it would be too out of the ordinary if one were included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsziede View Post
Since the game has French/European influences, I'd bet that there would be a haunted château. A cemetary also makes sense because Père Lachaise Cemetery is a French cemetery and apparently the world's most visited cemetery (and is supposedly haunted).
We have the Old Chateau, filled to the brim with both Ghost Pokémon and human ghosts. Not that another isn't possible, but a cemetery would definitely be more unique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikakitten View Post
Gen II
Johto seems to lack one, as it has the Radio tower xD
The House of Memories is in Johto c:
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I hope they chose to do catacombs this time. They could make a huge puzzle out of them...perhaps we'll be required to pass it to advance in the game physically not just a side quest thing like in B2W2. Or at least add the villains into it like with Magma and Aqua at Mt. Pyre. Perhaps a few grunts could flee from a zombie mon...that'll be funny to see.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

What about just a cemetery with no music...and readable tombstones if you press A by touching them. Then, by pressing the tombstones in a certain order(given in the strategy guide or something), you access a secret sidequest where you can obtain a hard-to-get ghost type pokemon through a spooky chain of events.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links