• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I know this ain't related to the last topic but.
UGGGH I honestly hate having a bunch of friends and family who think Pokemon's gone downhill. I know people are entitled to their opinions but still they don't realize that the series has really evolved and are stuck in nostalgia land.
GAAAAH.

Years

I know how you feel bud, I'm 20 and I still think Pokemon hasn't gone downhill.

The series evolved a lot for me, and I have to say Black 2 and White 2's features were among the best in the games.

Treecko

Years
I'm also 20, gonna be 21 in a few months and I think it has evolved.
Quality/Graphics wise Gen 5 has the best quality. I also just wish I had more friends in RL who still played the games cause then I could play some of the wireless and infarred features in Gen 4 and 5 games. Such as The Underground, Entralink, Funfest Missions, Feeling Checks and Passerby stuff. I've tried it using my brother's and my DS for some of those things like Feeling Checks and The Underground but it's just easier when you have two people. It's just not the same.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years

The series has evolved for me as well.
I also wish I had more people to do the pogeymans with. Only three people that I know play and I hardly see them outside of school save for one, who only has White and doesn't actively play (he's still at the dreamyard), and even then only one has B/W2.

Hopefully once I go to college, it'll get better

Treecko

Years
Hopefully once I go to college, it'll get better

From what I've heard from a good amount of people , they find alot of Pokemon fans when they get to college. And by that I mean true Pokemon fans who still love the games. And in high school and middle school they were ridiculed for still liking Pokemon.

While I have yet to experience college myself cause of certain reasons, I know for a fact the middle school and high school part is true. When Ruby and Sapphire came out I was 10 years old and I knew only about 3 or 4 people who wanted the games. In middle school, ( specifically in 8th grade when Diamond and Pearl were coming out) there was only one or two people I knew who still played Pokemon. Everyone else lost interest and thought I was immature for stilling playing. In high school it was the same. I remember only one person I knew who talked with me about the news of HeartGold and Soulsilver besides my two brothers (who only bought those games for nostalgia).

Anyway when I get to college finally I hope there's more Pokemon fans there.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years

Yeah, us college age boys n' girls seem to enjoy Pokemon more than we did in high school. I think nostalgia has a lot to do with it, but then people aren't petty like they were in high school, either. It's a lot more accepted, and heck, even people you wouldn't expect to know a thing about it can still recite a section of the Pokerap or something. It's stuff like that that makes me enjoy what I refer to as the culture of Pokemon.

I'd guarantee you it'll get better when you get older.

Now as for me, I don't wish to find someone to play Pokemon with. I wish I could find someone to draw Pokemon with. Yeah, I'm pretty lame in that way, but actually it's a heck of a lot of fun. :P

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I've started not reading the comments in Youtube videos. Good lord :L

Years
Motherfu-

Somebody kick me in the behind so I can go and study my chemistry. If I don't pass the oral exam tomorrow, I'll be stuck with a C.

I DON'T WANT A C.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022

Yeah, us college age boys n' girls seem to enjoy Pokemon more than we did in high school. I think nostalgia has a lot to do with it, but then people aren't petty like they were in high school, either. It's a lot more accepted, and heck, even people you wouldn't expect to know a thing about it can still recite a section of the Pokerap or something. It's stuff like that that makes me enjoy what I refer to as the culture of Pokemon.

I'd guarantee you it'll get better when you get older.

Now as for me, I don't wish to find someone to play Pokemon with. I wish I could find someone to draw Pokemon with. Yeah, I'm pretty lame in that way, but actually it's a heck of a lot of fun. :P

Yea like I've been playing Ruby and White 2 in my down time. I have my last class of the day in about an hour and I'm just playing Ruby to kill time. I haven't met anyone yet that also loves Pokemon here considering I don't socialize in auditoriums filled with 200-300+ students but I do have subtle hints that I like pokemon.

My laptop's wallpaper is a coast in Hoenn and my browser's bookmarks has four pokemon websites including PC. I'm still debating on getting a pokemon keychain or pin for my backpack.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I met some people at College who likes Pokemon, though a few of them were from high school anyways so meh.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
From what I've heard from a good amount of people , they find alot of Pokemon fans when they get to college. And by that I mean true Pokemon fans who still love the games. And in high school and middle school they were ridiculed for still liking Pokemon.

While I have yet to experience college myself cause of certain reasons, I know for a fact the middle school and high school part is true. When Ruby and Sapphire came out I was 10 years old and I knew only about 3 or 4 people who wanted the games. In middle school, ( specifically in 8th grade when Diamond and Pearl were coming out) there was only one or two people I knew who still played Pokemon. Everyone else lost interest and thought I was immature for stilling playing. In high school it was the same. I remember only one person I knew who talked with me about the news of HeartGold and Soulsilver besides my two brothers (who only bought those games for nostalgia).

Anyway when I get to college finally I hope there's more Pokemon fans there.

I'm also 20, gonna be 21 in a few months and I think it has evolved.
Quality/Graphics wise Gen 5 has the best quality. I also just wish I had more friends in RL who still played the games cause then I could play some of the wireless and infarred features in Gen 4 and 5 games. Such as The Underground, Entralink, Funfest Missions, Feeling Checks and Passerby stuff. I've tried it using my brother's and my DS for some of those things like Feeling Checks and The Underground but it's just easier when you have two people. It's just not the same.
Crap, someone actually gets it. x)
I play with my brother, but he says that it gets boring playing the same plot over and over, as in beating the evil team and becoming the champ, so he quit a while ago. My friends, on the other hand have no idea I even play Pokemon. If I told them, I probably would be outcast by most of my school as some crazy lunatic who enjoys games made for ten year olds. Of course, I'm still 13, of course but I totally understand what you're saying.

Gabri

m8
Years

Crap, someone actually gets it. x)
I play with my brother, but he says that it gets boring playing the same plot over and over, as in beating the evil team and becoming the champ, so he quit a while ago. My friends, on the other hand have no idea I even play Pokemon. If I told them, I probably would be outcast by most of my school as some crazy lunatic who enjoys games made for ten year olds. Of course, I'm still 13, of course but I totally understand what you're saying.

The same reason why I stopped playing and following the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back