The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
From what I hear the number is gonna increase to over 700 and there's at least 50 new. Though to me, 50 seems pretty small. It would be the starters, their evolutions, a few normal Pokemon including the generic bird line and the two-stage generic rat, and that's it.To me, it would just feel odd having such a small amount of new creatures cause I like having a wide range of new Pokemon. So I'm hoping for at least 80-100 new Pokemon and the rest would be older Pokemon which I get we could have at lest 200 total in the regional Pokedex with new and old combined.
They didn't say it'd be 50. It can be anywhere from 700 - 800, which means up to around 130 or so.
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
All that seems to be confirmed is there will now be over 700 Pokémon in total. Where it'll stop, nobody knows. I'm not sure if we'll cross the 800 mark this generation though. That would require 151 new Pokémon just to reach 800, and unless it's like Black and White, then I'm doubtful we'll reach 800 just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Oh so you'd like to see Skamory in the PokeDex? I think I'd be okay with that in the PokeDex, if it does include past Pokemon which I'm hoping not. :( But still, I think Skarmory could use more attention, and it might be suited to the region given there's a rocky/steel-looking area from the video at least.
I'd actually very much like to see some older Pokémon made available before the National Dex is obtained. I wasn't a big fan on Black and White omitting them out until later. It'll give the possibility for some old Pokémon needing some new evolutions or pre-evolutions, which I think quite a handful or so could use, especially to catch up to some of the newer Pokémon who's stats are stronger.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:11 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
The "its gonna be over 700" info is 100% useless.

No single person ever expected less than 51 new pokemon. wtf.
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:47 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Hmm, here's a tricky one.

I liked Black and White. They were reboots of the series- GameFreak took the opportunity to screw around with some 'traditional' things that fans weren't expecting to change, but these changes were welcome. One of these changes was the whole "There's no old Pokemon in this regional Pokedex" dealio. That was cool, but it got a little old- I know at least I wanted to see some of the older Pokemon in the game at an earlier stage.

Black 2 and White 2 rectified this, big time, adding about.. what was it? 144 older Pokemon to the regional dex? I think that's right. Anyway, that was awesome, a great mix of old and new Pokemon before the Elite 4, that was great.

However, I'm not anticipating a regional dex of the same size as Black 2 and White 2. The only reason it was so large was to show that, in the years that passed since Black and White, some Pokemon migrated bit by bit across the region. That, and if B2W2's regional dex consisted solely of Unova Pokemon once again, do you really think people would've been interested in it?

For X and Y, I think a regional dex of about 200 would be pretty nice, like with Platinum (which had 210). I'm hoping there'll just be about 100 new Pokemon overall, because.. well, that's just what I'd like. I think it's hugely unlikely that there'll be ANOTHER 150+ new Pokemon. I think that was just part of the 'reboot' factor Black and White had. While X and Y are the first main-series games on 3DS and that's a big deal, I've a feeling we can consider them as the Gold/Silver to Black(2) and White(2), in terms of the amount of Pokemon that will be introduced and stuff.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'd like it if they split it up equally by region amounts, so on top of the new Pokemon from X and Y we also get 40-50 from each region making a total of 200-300 depending on how many new Pokemon are introduced.

Old January 15th, 2013, 03:38 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
They didn't say it'd be 50. It can be anywhere from 700 - 800, which means up to around 130 or so.
You make a good point. For that matter , I'd like to see 100-120 new Pokemon and at least 100 older gen Pokemon in the X and Y Pokedex. That would make the Regional Pokedex around 200-220 Pokemon so it would rough be the size of Sinnoh's Platinum Pokedex (210). \

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Moist
other in a month When you,

Nature: Jolly
This thread is to discuss what Pre Generation VI pokemon you would like in X & Y!

Pokemon Already confirmed to be in X & Y are listed in the spoiler below:
Spoiler:
Pikachu
Dratini
Eevee
Golurk
Palpitoad
Magikarp
Munchlax
Kirlia
Pansear
Patrat
Litwick
Psyduck
Weaville
Audino
Mienfoo
(If I missed anything let me know!)

I personally would love to have Machop, Machoke and Machamp back because Machoke is #1 on my all time favorites list. It also occurred to me, watching the trailer again, that there are quite a few gen V pokemon.

Discuss.

Challenges Completed:
The Favourites Challenge - Black 2 - 28/01/13
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Taeshan
Unhatched Egg

Methinks that the inclusion of Magikarp would mean the inclusion of Gyarados but that is just me...Also would think that for the other pre-evolutions and such....Personally i'd like to see the generation I starters available in the wild in this game, but that is just me.
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
Poliwag, I doubt it will be include if Froakie does turn out to be a water fighting type, and it always gets overlooked, but I am pretty happy that litwick is included it is one of my favorite Pokemon. But in all honest the first time i run through the game i will try to only use Generation 6 Pokemon. But yeah if i could pick one it would have to be POLIline.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:53 AM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
Yes, GALLADE GALLADE GALLADE :D :D :D

And pichu i love this gen already

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Last edited by jov0006; January 16th, 2013 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here