The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 11th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Through out the main stream pokemon games, there was always new innovative ways to easily find rarer pokemon. For example, in Gen 2, we were able to Headbutt trees in order for certain pokemon to fall out. In Gen 4, we've received Honey, where we can smear the Honey on trees in order to attract pokemon. In Gen 5, sometimes we can hear and see patches of grass that are shaking, in which when we go to the shaking grass, a new encounter music plays, and out comes a rare pokemon (usually Audino).

So, my question is, would you like to see any of these methods return to Gen 6? Would you like to see new methods of finding pokemon? What new methods would there be?

For example, an idea that I've had could be natural pokemon affinity (not just abilities ie. Static) but, say you've got a Zangoose. There can be more of a chance of finding a Seviper, because Zangoose and Seviper are natural enemies that would sense each other from a mile away.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:19 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I don't want to see Honey returning, since it's too unreliable.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:23 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I want to see the return of Honey as well, it pretty much is useless in B2W2, might as well use sweetscent.
I'll like them to add another kind of special grass but for shinies.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
I'd like to see something like the pokewalker or pokeradar return, but with upgraded features, like maybe if your pokemon in front is male, our more likely to find a female and vice versa

White 2:
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Out of the three I preferred the Shaking Grass, The Honey Trees were too time consuming and Headbutting tree's were okay but it got boring after several tries.

Old January 11th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

It showed Audino in the trailer, so shaking grass might return.
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Eucliffe
⟢ white dragon
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
The Phenomena (rustling grass, rippling water, dust clouds, and Flying Pokemons' shadows) is something I'd especially love to see again. I always find it fun to go straight for any of them, even if I don't need the Pokemon in 'em XD; Headbutt's something I wouldn't mind seeing again either, though I definitely wouldn't want that over Phenomena. As for Honey, well... Nah. It was a cute idea, but I didn't really like it :X
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

I love Shaking Grass, and Audino. Best mechanic last gen, imo.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I hope there's a new free rare candy pokemon other then Audino

I like the shaking grass
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Esper

Something similar to shaking grass/dust clouds/etc. please. It works really well and you don't have to go to your bag for an item or have a specific move learned by one of your party Pokemon. It's really the most efficient thing they've done so far. If they could improve on it, that is, make it even more convenient (such as making shaking grass contain more than 90% Audino) I'd hope they'd do that for these games.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:17 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I hope that this in included again, but with more pokemon appearing in the grass/dust/etc. maybe rare pokemon too, that would make it so it's not always Basculin or Audino or stuff xD
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
I'd like shaking grass to return! It was neat. :) And I wouldn't mind Headbutt trees returning. Just no Honey Trees. XD Please none of that mess.

i'm gonna fly like a bird from the night
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think there might actually be an entirely new way of encountering Pokémon. So instead of Headbutting or putting Honey on the trees... I'd like to see something like a Pokémon feeding spot, alot like the ones in Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. It surely would allow you to capture certain Pokémon that can only be caught this way. :)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Vehks

Dear Arceus, no more honey! Honey was an absolutely terrible time trap. Bring back ANYTHING but the honey!
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:16 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

I seriously hated the Honey trees but I don't mind headbutting trees or walking into shaking grass. It'd be cool to see the return of shaking grass.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:39 AM
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
I actually really liked the feature in B/W, btu it needed a lot of fixing. remove audino or make it a hell of a lot less common, add dark areas to caves and aceans (mud for caves and jsut use the dive spots for oceans), make dust clouds spawn more then just drilber and excadrill.

Usually every gen they throw in a new gimmick but this one works much better than the pokeradar and the radio and the dual slot system.
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:47 AM
mijumaru1
Unhatched Egg

Yea Audinos were getting a bit boring, i loved the XP though!
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Forever
let it go

I'd rather we kept what we had in B2/W2 and just added back Headbutting trees. Dust clouds, water spouts and shaking grass were awesome (although dust cloulds were sometimes annoying but still). I don't really think there needs to be new extra ways to find mons as I like what we have already :( Unless Pokemon randomly appeared in whirlpools or underwater, idk.

Sponsored Links