• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
@FrozenInfernoZX: Hey, first I would like to say, great hack! Loving the idea.. (Well, I'm currently a high school student and I totally can relate to the continental drift thing..) But I would like to suggest this:

Could you buff Eevee's stats higher so that everybody would think twice about evolving this cutie? XD
And just to make those elemental movesets a bit stronger since it doesn't receive that boost for being the same type.

BTW, More power. Godspeed.
Yeah, the 45/40 thing was just a little experiment for Eevee in the early moment of the game. I made each of its stats 55 now. As for the elemental moves, I think they're good, I don't want the Pokémon that do get STAB from them to get away with murder, lol. Instead, I boosted Tri Attack's power to more than 95 since it is three elements combined. It is also the last TM (and hardest to get) and one of Eevee's main moves in its learn set combining that if you get one with Serene Grace, hehehe. On second thought, I am going to rename Tri-Attack's attack into Tri Beam.

Here are some photos of recent activities:
Implementing swarms! Thanks to JPAN's Hacked Engine!

PokemonNormal_01_zps41e89af3.png
PokemonNormal_02_zpsb6bb50df.png
PokemonNormal_01_zps2874c4de.png

And here is my remade/expanded Silverdust Town:
This is where the story of the game will start to pick up.
Nighttime Gym Leader event involving Forslorn Forest!
Rock Smash will become very important here...

Spoiler:

Here is my new color scheme:

PokemonNormal_03_zpsc9357705.png

And there will be tons of time based activities!

PokemonNormal_01_zps7d0221f3.png

Last edited:
Years
Oh, wow! Lots of cool stuff here, I'll definitely be keeping track of this one~

:D I'm also interested in getting into hacking, so do you have any tips/tricks/suggestions for someone new to the field?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Yeah, the 45/40 thing was just a little experiment for Eevee in the early moment of the game. I made each of its stats 55 now. As for the elemental moves, I think they're good, I don't want the Pokémon that do get STAB from them to get away with murder, lol. Instead, I boosted Tri Attack's power to more than 95 since it is three elements combined. It is also the last TM (and hardest to get) and one of Eevee's main moves in its learn set combining that if you get one with Serene Grace, hehehe. On second thought, I am going to rename Tri-Attack's attack into Tri Beam.

Here are some photos of recent activities:
Implementing swarms! Thanks to JPAN's Hacked Engine!
PokemonNormal_01_zps41e89af3.png
PokemonNormal_02_zpsb6bb50df.png
PokemonNormal_01_zps2874c4de.png

And here is my remade/expanded Silverdust Town:
This is where the story of the game will start to pick up.
Nighttime Gym Leader event involving Forslorn Forest!
Rock Smash will become very important here...

Spoiler:

Here is my new color scheme:
PokemonNormal_03_zpsc9357705.png

And there will be tons of time based activities!
PokemonNormal_01_zps7d0221f3.png

Cool add-ons with the swarm effects with Jpan's Engine. Also wanted to remind you to reposition the sprite properly with Wichu's Sprite Position Editor and it won't look like it's floating anymore... xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
I am very, what's the word, attracted to this hack because of the tiles, the features implemented by JPAN's hacked engine and all of it. I really like the idea of Eevee as a starter because you have so many different evolution options. :D

The alpha was fun to play, but a bit short. Everything moved really quickly. What did bother me was the oversized, and undersized backsprites. Ex: Nidoran F. May I recommend using Chaos Rush's sprite resource? Other than that well done :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I am very, what's the word, attracted to this hack because of the tiles, the features implemented by JPAN's hacked engine and all of it. I really like the idea of Eevee as a starter because you have so many different evolution options. :D

The alpha was fun to play, but a bit short. Everything moved really quickly. What did bother me was the oversized, and undersized backsprites. Ex: Nidoran F. May I recommend using Chaos Rush's sprite resource? Other than that well done :D

Thanks! Yeah, I got lazy with some sprites (since I replaced all of them) and just threw in some sprites here and there. But since I got my first mini beta out the way, I am going back and update my hack with the new things that I am now learning. For example, updating my scripts to be more cleaner and nicer (now that I'm a better scripter from when I first started), adding more OW tiles to present my maps more nicely, and by adding more features. After I finish with the "revamp" of my first workings, I am going to start tackling the sprite department of the hack. I'm going to try to implement new OWs, sprites, and such.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2019
Thanks! Yeah, I got lazy with some sprites (since I replaced all of them) and just threw in some sprites here and there. But since I got my first mini beta out the way, I am going back and updating my hack with things with the new things that I am now learning. Such as, updating my scripts to be more cleaner and nicer (now that I'm a better scripter from when I first started), adding more OW tiles to present my maps more nicely, and by adding more features. After I finish with the "revamp" of my first workings, I am going to start tackling the sprite department of the hack. I'm going to try to implement new OWs, sprites, and such.

Sounds great. Since you helped me I may be able to help you with the sprite department or the OWs in the very least.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Thanks dreamengine!

Well guys, here's my latest event! Is that Youngster Joey?
Oh no, looks like he's up to no good...

PokemonNormal_01_zps19918b14.png
PokemonNormal_01_zpseebf83be.png

PokemonNormal_02_zpsab631f34.png
PokemonNormal_03_zpsefb7c1a8.png

And by the way, Team Rocket is NOT the main villain in the game. I'm making a new one.
You'll see what will happen to lousy Team Rocket... they just don't know when to give up, hehehe.

I'm going to start updating the
Pokémon backsprites like dreamengine and tajaros have suggested.

Last edited:

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
This hack is amazing! I especially love how the Pokedex entries show the base stats!! Keep up the awesome work!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I present to you my latest event! Team Rocket thinks they are so tough, hehehe.
Would the initiation of Joey bring the depleted Rockets back to supremacy...? We'll see...
Or will a new Team of Dominance rise to the surface?

Team Rocket has been underground for years losing lots of members, now there's only six members left, well now seven...!
They want to make a comeback. They renamed their organization to "The Super Rockets" with Marshall John
as the "rebirthing founder" as he calls himself in game.

PokemonNormal_01_zps9deb2e16.png
PokemonNormal_02_zpsea6fb117.png

PokemonNormal_03_zpse28e2581.png
PokemonNormal_04_zpsbb9f7fe9.png

But Tizzle, the clumsy Rocket member... hmm... his recent behavior has been noted...
The Super Rockets are going to be more like a "side villain," as there is going to be an even more bigger
and badder C.O. (Criminal Organization).

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Your textbox is just a palette edit of the one I've used in Pokémon Sienna for nearly 3 years. I'd appreciate if you removed it.

2cy5fzm.png

It's identical pixel for pixel.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Your textbox is just a palette edit of the one I've used in Pokémon Sienna for nearly 3 years. I'd appreciate if you removed it.

2cy5fzm.png

It's identical pixel for pixel.

I have not created this. It was part of the rom base that I am using... and it was originally blue when I first applied the patch.

Last edited:

Logan

Years
You still need to remove it. I also advise you to tell whoever created the ROM Base you're using to remove it from their ROM Base. (As well as my text colour schemes that you're using.)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
You still need to remove it. I also advise you to tell whoever created the ROM Base you're using to remove it from their ROM Base. (As well as my text colour schemes that you're using.)

You don't know if the creator created it as well... well anyways give me a guide on how to remove it... because I have no clue on how to do it. I am not using your color scheme... fine, I'll just make my own which I did...

Logan

Years
You don't know if the creator created it as well... well anyways give me a guide on how to remove it... because I have no clue on how to do it. I am not using your color scheme... fine, I'll just make my own which I did...
I know the ROM Base maker didn't create the textbox because I created it. It's not my prerogative to give you a guide on how to remove it, you just need to know if you don't remove it soon I'll take it up with the forum moderators.

Back