The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2013 (06:27 PM).
SkyShaymin143
Pikachu

Nature: Lonely
What version is better? Firered or Leafgreen? DISCUSS!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hipste...78?ref=tn_tnmn
Old January 3rd, 2013 (12:04 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyShaymin143 View Post
What version is better? Firered or Leafgreen? DISCUSS!
The only difference between the two is really the Pokémon.

The version exclusive Pokémon can be found here.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (12:10 AM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Also, remember that picking a version is entirely your opinion so keep that in mind.

If you're having trouble deciding, check the version exclusives link that Vaporeon linked you to.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (05:12 PM).
Oakesy

I am playing Emerald, and as you know, when you get to Victory Road, you really do need an HM Slave. I have got my trusty Torkoal that knows Strength, so could anyone help me with a pokemon that may be able to learn Flash, waterfall and rock smash? Is there a pokemon that can learn those three?

Old January 3rd, 2013 (05:17 PM).
Mama-Mamo
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakesy View Post
I am playing Emerald, and as you know, when you get to Victory Road, you really do need an HM Slave. I have got my trusty Torkoal that knows Strength, so could anyone help me with a pokemon that may be able to learn Flash, waterfall and rock smash? Is there a pokemon that can learn those three?
Gyarados can learn Waterfall AND Rock Smash... But for flash, someone else will need to learn that. I usually can get by without teaching a Pokemon flash. I pull up a map on Bulbapedia and just feel my way around. ^-^;

Yellow|HeartGold|Sapphire|Platinum|White

Working on HeartGold!
Old January 3rd, 2013 (05:45 PM).
Oakesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama-Mamo View Post
Gyarados can learn Waterfall AND Rock Smash... But for flash, someone else will need to learn that. I usually can get by without teaching a Pokemon flash. I pull up a map on Bulbapedia and just feel my way around. ^-^;

Is there somewhere you can catch wild Gyarados?

Old January 3rd, 2013 (05:54 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Is there somewhere you can catch wild Gyarados?
In Sootopolis, you can fish for Gyarados, but those aren't easy to find.

Old January 3rd, 2013 (06:02 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

There are a few other that can learn those moves, such as Psyduck, which can learn all three. They can be caught in the Safari Zone.

Lombre can learn them as well.
Old January 3rd, 2013 (06:31 PM).
Oakesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
There are a few other that can learn those moves, such as Psyduck, which can learn all three. They can be caught in the Safari Zone.

Lombre can learn them as well.
That is interesting, I already have a Lombre but shall catch another to be a slave

Talking of Lombre, is there any way to get water stones in Emerald other than diving and finding blue shards, which I presume are very rare?

Old January 3rd, 2013 (07:26 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
That is interesting, I already have a Lombre but shall catch another to be a slave :P

Talking of Lombre, is there any way to get water stones in Emerald other than diving and finding blue shards, which I presume are very rare?
There is one on the Abandoned Ship. Blue Shards can be found on wild Clamperl as well.
Old January 4th, 2013 (02:57 AM).
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
Is it possible to fix the internal battery has run dry error on Pokemon Emerald?
Old January 4th, 2013 (05:17 AM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Pikachu o View Post
Is it possible to fix the internal battery has run dry error on Pokemon Emerald?
You can try and replace the game's battery yourself or find someone to do it, but there is an extreme risk of losing your save file or even rendering the game unplayable.
Old January 6th, 2013 (04:36 PM). Edited January 6th, 2013 by SprayBottle.
SprayBottle
Unhatched Egg

I got a used copy of Pok`emon Emerald for Christmas, and my randma said the descripton on the site she ordered it from said it was slightly used and in "great" condition. I planned to make 3 profiles, one after another, to get all 3 starters on my completed diamond game. But when i had enough pokemon to use pal park, I saw no migrate option in my diamond game, so i started up my emerald and it said "Your save file has been deleted to to damage or corruption." so i had my tech stepdad look at the cartridge and he said it seemed loose. Could that be it or was my gamed hacked by the previous owner? thanks in advance
Old January 6th, 2013 (08:12 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
Definitely a fake, dear. Sorry. :( The DS games will sense if the GBA game is fake and if it is, that happens. Gotta be careful when buying GBA games online. More often than not, they're just fakes. If you still want a good legit copy of Emerald, try checking out a local gaming store if you have any.

Play the game to change the game
Old January 7th, 2013 (03:02 PM).
Oakesy

Hey guys, just about to take on the E4 on Emerald and feel I am a little weak as I only have 5 pokemon to take them with.

They are all levelled to between L45 and 48

I have

Swampert
Swellow
Lombre
Torkoal
Manectric

I am looking for that sixth member but I am unsure of who it could be, I am thinking of maybe a psychic type but am unsure of what to go with as it is my first play through.

What would you recommend?

Old January 7th, 2013 (03:52 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Gardevoir is Psychic and would make an excellent addition to your team, I think. :) You can teach it Thunderbolt for coverage as well, which is nice. And Shadow Ball, even though Ghost is physical in this game, it's nice to have something to hit other Psychic types.

btw, you should evolve that Lombre. Go to the Abandoned Ship (you'll need Dive and Surf) on the route to the right of Dewford. You'll need to go down to the locked rooms and solve a puzzle, but you should get your Water Stone easily without having to do all of it. But you definitely wanna evolve that Lombre.

Oh, and I recommend being at least level 50 before going in honestly. Just use Gabby and Ty to grind levels and money! :)

btw, you will probably get better help if you make a thread in the in-game team help forum. That's where team help is supposed to go anyway. When you post there, just make sure you include your Pokemon's moves. It'd really help if we knew what you were running on all your Pokemon, haha. Good luck to you!

Old January 7th, 2013 (04:06 PM).
Oakesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Gardevoir is Psychic and would make an excellent addition to your team, I think. You can teach it Thunderbolt for coverage as well, which is nice. And Shadow Ball, even though Ghost is physical in this game, it's nice to have something to hit other Psychic types.

btw, you should evolve that Lombre. Go to the Abandoned Ship (you'll need Dive and Surf) on the route to the right of Dewford. You'll need to go down to the locked rooms and solve a puzzle, but you should get your Water Stone easily without having to do all of it. But you definitely wanna evolve that Lombre.

Oh, and I recommend being at least level 50 before going in honestly. Just use Gabby and Ty to grind levels and money!

btw, you will probably get better help if you make a thread in the in-game team help forum. That's where team help is supposed to go anyway. When you post there, just make sure you include your Pokemon's moves. It'd really help if we knew what you were running on all your Pokemon, haha. Good luck to you!
I will do that, thank you! I was going to evolve Lombre but doesn't it learn Hydro Pump soon, and Ludicolo doesnt learn it?

Where are Gabby and Ti?

Thanks for your help

Old January 7th, 2013 (04:18 PM).
Sydian
revolution

Surf is much better than Hydro Pump. :) More accuracy and PP and its base power is enough to hold its own. Believe me when I say you're gonna want that 15 PP over the 5 that Hydro Pump gives you, and 100% accuracy is much better to have. You want reliability when facing the E4, especially if it's your first time.

I don't remember the route numbers specifically, so here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gabby_and_Ty

They show up in three different spots and go there in the same order, so it's easy to locate them and battle. Just keep battling them to gain exp and money. Also attach an Amulet Coin to your lead to get more money off them. You can get that by talking to your mom after defeating Norman.

Old January 7th, 2013 (04:19 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
I will do that, thank you! I was going to evolve Lombre but doesn't it learn Hydro Pump soon, and Ludicolo doesnt learn it?

Where are Gabby and Ti?

Thanks for your help
Gabby and Ty keep changing location. They go from the route above Mauville City, to the route east of Mauville City (across the water) and then to the route east of Fortree City and then back to the start again.
Old January 12th, 2013 (11:24 AM).
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Hey guys, I just restarted my Leaf Green and I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what Fire Type I should use. Usually, I just start off with Charmander or trade over a Growlithe from Fire Red but this time around, I'm interested to use either a Ninetales or a Rapidash. Which of there two are better to use in game in the Third Generation and What would be their best movesets? I was thinking to use either:

Ninetales:

Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Confuse Ray
Toxic

or

Rapidash:
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
??????????

Old January 12th, 2013 (02:28 PM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoreyG View Post
Hey guys, I just restarted my Leaf Green and I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what Fire Type I should use. Usually, I just start off with Charmander or trade over a Growlithe from Fire Red but this time around, I'm interested to use either a Ninetales or a Rapidash. Which of there two are better to use in game in the Third Generation and What would be their best movesets? I was thinking to use either:

Ninetales:

Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Confuse Ray
Toxic

or

Rapidash:
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
??????????
Both have awful movepools to be honest. Personally I prefer Rapidash. For movesets:
Ninetales:
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack/Body Slam/Iron Tail/Hidden Power/Whatever other typed move

Rapidash:
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Iron Tail/Bounce/Hidden Power/Body Slam/Other move

Also have you considered Magmar? It has a better movepool (albeit not that much better).
Old January 14th, 2013 (04:47 AM).
Oakesy

Finally beat the Elite Four then my save got corrupted, and it only gives me the option of starting a new game, is this often a case with emulators?

Old January 14th, 2013 (05:57 AM).
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Finally beat the Elite Four then my save got corrupted, and it only gives me the option of starting a new game, is this often a case with emulators?
Yes it is unfortunately. Fake games and emulators often crash and get corrupted. There's really nothing like the real games tbh.
Old January 14th, 2013 (03:21 PM).
Oakesy

That is me done with the game then

Old January 16th, 2013 (01:19 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quick question concerning Feebas in Ruby/Sapphire.

I understand that he's on 6 water tiles west of Fortree (with a super rod), but does anyone know the percent chance of running into one assuming you're on one of the right tiles? Is it 100% or should I be fishing multiple times per tile trying to find one?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links