The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Quote:
Hey I've never posted a challenge before I joined this forum and I wanted to see if people wouldn't mind looking at my Purist Challenge and telling me what you think. It's in the general challenge forum and I'd be happy to see some feedback. I don't know if this is what the thread is made for but hey the worst that would happen for something like this I expect is the post being removed so, why not go for broke?
Don't worry, your challenge got approved, so there's no chance of it getting removed at this point. Your challenge is a bit complicated for my liking, but there are some people that really enjoy that stuff, so I'm sure you'll have some people join in soon.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:07 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'm personally not a fan of challenges with lots of complicated rules. I tend to forget and it's a lot easier for me to break the rules and not notice.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Sydian

omg why is the wedlocke challenge so popular now lmao. Well. I say it's popular, but no one has signed up for it except like one or two people, but there's the active thread, one I accidentally approved cause I forgot the first one, and then another that was waiting on approval today and I was like "omg if it's so popular, why aren't people joining the one that's already up ;;"

Not trying to embarrass anyone, I mean, I'm embarrassed I approved a challenge even though it was already up. I feel bad now. :(
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Necrum
Scourge of the Mushroom Kingdom!

I like the concept of using "married" Pokemon, just not the idea of combining it with a Nuzlocke. I know there's a "monotype" around here that follows that concept, but even that isn't really what I'd want. I think it would be cooler to use pairs based on Egg Groups.

Also, Solo challenges are REALLY easy. Sometimes there's some difficulty and grinding early, but once you clear like 2 gyms, you are really over leveled. It's fun, but I was hoping for a little more challenge.
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Ryker
Unhatched Egg

How about a nuzlocke were you have to do it against someone else? would anyone like that?
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM
BlueShellBeast
Rodent User

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
How about a nuzlocke were you have to do it against someone else? would anyone like that?
Do you mean that as in a race against someone else to see who can finish first?
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:13 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
I like the concept of using "married" Pokemon, just not the idea of combining it with a Nuzlocke. I know there's a "monotype" around here that follows that concept, but even that isn't really what I'd want. I think it would be cooler to use pairs based on Egg Groups.

Also, Solo challenges are REALLY easy. Sometimes there's some difficulty and grinding early, but once you clear like 2 gyms, you are really over leveled. It's fun, but I was hoping for a little more challenge.
Aye. I'm doing solos for the fully evolved form of every 1st gen family. Started from the top. Went through Pidgeot and Fearow. Brock was hard, the rest was easy, which is saying something, considering they only have Normal/Flying moves.
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
Sydian, don't feel bad for it, it's not that important .

As for the Wedlocke, I never actually bothered doing one, sounds like a normal nuzlocke to me.. Just with an extra rule. I prefer my rule of evo=death, made things a bit more interesting at least >;D

I did a few solo runs too, but the only difficult ones throughout the whole game were Delibird and strangely, Infernape, because it was so frail. Even Eevee was easyer after having beaten Brock and being at level idkveryhigh
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Ryker
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShellBeast View Post
Do you mean that as in a race against someone else to see who can finish first?
Yeah but bear in mind other things not just speed: Amount of Deaths etc :-)
Old January 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah but bear in mind other things not just speed: Amount of Deaths etc :-)
I suppose you could just post it in the Nuzlocke thread. I'd probably have to mae another section, but that's okay.
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Ryker
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I suppose you could just post it in the Nuzlocke thread. I'd probably have to mae another section, but that's okay.
So should I make a completely new tjread or not?
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
So should I make a completely new tjread or not?
No I don't think so, after all, it's just the Nuzlocke, but against someone else. If you and someone else post about it in the thread, when I update next I'll create a special section or something for you.
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Sydian

Yeah, no need for a new Nuzlocke race thread. If you can get someone to race you that starts at the same time as you, then I say go for it and just keep it in the Nuzlocke thread. Plus you just got permission from the member running it!

Also, you guys are my favorite members. After getting a rude thread about me in CQ&F today (and not even being online to defend myself and it's locked now), I was pretty pissed off and thought "why the hell am I even still here?" but you guys are wonderful and the challenge forum in general makes me totally happy. So thanks for being sane, nice, wonderful Swablu bbys! :) <3
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Also, you guys are my favorite members. After getting a rude thread about me in CQ&F today (and not even being online to defend myself and it's locked now), I was pretty pissed off and thought "why the hell am I even still here?" but you guys are wonderful and the challenge forum in general makes me totally happy. So thanks for being sane, nice, wonderful Swablu bbys! :) <3
I saw that, and I felt really bad for you :(

Also Syd, you reeeeeally have to do something about that Christmas event.
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Necrum

OMG! What!? Someone was trashing you!? That's horrible! You're like, the best mod ever! (Sorry Trade Corner mods...)

Necrum gives Syd a hug!
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Sydian

-hugs NecrumWarrior!- :)

Also Vappy, Derozio is making the emblem. :) It's in the announcement! Once it's finished and uploaded, I'll be going into the thread and getting the lists updated and passing it out.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Necrum

Twilight blade saw me say that...

>.>

<.<
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Sydian

That's okay! She's not a Trade Corner mod. She's a super mod. ;)
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Rewy
untitled follower

Well that was a fast Champion list update Syd. I was almost about to message you just incase.
Also, yay first challenge here completed.

Now to continue a few others I've started, but not doing on the threads.

Wonder Wedlocke X - Mudkip + Slowpoke | Flaffy + Flabébé | Zorua + Gible
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Halfcadence
Monocolorist

Nature: Quiet
Sydddddddd we lovvvvveeeeee yoooooouuuu. I find it hard to believe anyone would hold any sort of animosity towards you, let alone enough to start an entire thread about it. I stick around here because everyone is so awesome and welcoming, and you have always been a big part of that. You just keep doing you and let the haters go suck a butt.

(P.S. - Reason gajillion why I like PC so much: It forces you to be more creative with your swearing :P )

Completed Challenges:
ULTIMATE!
ULTIMATE!
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Sydian

@Rewy: Yeah, I was curious to see what you did in your update and noticed it was your final, so that's how it got updated so fast. XD

@Huggermugger: You're too sweet! <3 :) And "go suck a butt" reminds me of how in the censored version of The Hangover, at the end, that guy's fiancee (or ex at that point really) is like "suck my butt" instead of the other phrase. And I'm always like "is it REALLY that bad to say that word?" lol
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Rewy
untitled follower

Yes, well after Ghetsis there's not much to update about ; Just... grinding... getting TMs... and finding the motivation to go on, even though other few million games are still waiting...

Wonder Wedlocke X - Mudkip + Slowpoke | Flaffy + Flabébé | Zorua + Gible
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Sydian

If it makes you feel better, I never have a desire to play any post game stuff no matter what game it is. idk why, I've just never been a huge fan of post game. Probably because most challenges are finished after you beat the Champion, so I have no need to go further. BW's post game is awful though, so I don't blame you for being bored with it.
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Necrum

I really wish standard for BW was not beating Alder. I mean, you basically become champion by beating N because N himself became champion by beating Alder. And it's just so friggin hard to grind that much post game. I would change the Monotype to reflect this, but so many people already finished by defeating Alder, so it would be pretty unfair. So unless at some point the general standard changes (doubtful) that's the way it has to be I guess...
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:05 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Yeah, no need for a new Nuzlocke race thread. If you can get someone to race you that starts at the same time as you, then I say go for it and just keep it in the Nuzlocke thread. Plus you just got permission from the member running it!

Also, you guys are my favorite members. After getting a rude thread about me in CQ&F today (and not even being online to defend myself and it's locked now), I was pretty pissed off and thought "why the hell am I even still here?" but you guys are wonderful and the challenge forum in general makes me totally happy. So thanks for being sane, nice, wonderful Swablu bbys! <3
Someone was rude to Syddy? Tell me who, I'll beat them up.

I don't have any idea why anyone would ever be mean to you... You are literally the most helpful/awesomest/nicest/best mod I have ever seen. I CHALLENGE* another mod to be better than you.

* This post is now more on topic than the last few >.<
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here