• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Other FULL] Youkai Academy [OOC/SU][T]

Khawill

<3
Years
Exactly, thus they would constantly be expelling heat energy (the lollipop negates this). On further review of my post I also had my chemistry wrong. Objects don't absorb cold, they expel heat. Objects absorb heat. I believe this is called an exothermic reaction (expulsion of heat).

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Exactly, thus they would constantly be expelling heat energy (the lollipop negates this). On further review of my post I also had my chemistry wrong. Objects don't absorb cold, they expel heat. Objects absorb heat. I believe this is called an exothermic reaction (expulsion of heat).
Yes, they do, but if you were to touch an object with a low temperature, it would, in turn, feel cold. Objects do indeed expel heat (if they have any to give off), but the heat expelled from a cold object won't exactly be the same as the heat of a warm object (if said object is expelling any at all). For instance, the a frozen cantaloupe will be cool to the touch, while a warm bottle gives off a much warmer heat; heck, you'd most likely even feel the cold exuding from the cantaloupe even before you touched it.

People work the same way (though these are youkai, so there's always the chance that they follow different rules in that sense). A good way to check is to, say, temporarily slow the blood flow to your hand. As the amount of blood getting to it decreases, so will the temperature. Touch it, and it will be cold. If you put your hand close enough to the cold hand, you may even feel the coldness exuding from it without touching it.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Khawill:
So, the fight's over. If you don't want to have Frio go directly to the 'arena', you could probably have him overhear some students talking about it; when he see's Solo's cheek-bruise, he could probably figure out what happened.

Also, this.

Frio: "Teacher...? My roommate ate my homework."

Solo: "Your fault for using bacon-scented paper!"

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Aye, I saw. :3 I acknowledged it in my post, albeit not his internal monologue 'cause...Vampires can't read minds.

Khawill

<3
Years
Khawill:
So, the fight's over. If you don't want to have Frio go directly to the 'arena', you could probably have him overhear some students talking about it; when he see's Solo's cheek-bruise, he could probably figure out what happened.

Also, this.

Teacher: "You're both in class and you're meaning to tell me you did you're homework!?"

Frio: "I forget, was the homework English, or eating a BLT?"

Solo: "If it's english he did the wrong one!"

Teacher facepalms*

Frio is pretty hopeless :|

Edit* To Heretostay: I feel like Frio may succumb to getting "groovy" considering he is trying to fit in. Pretty sure there could be some hilarious exchange between them.

Micheal: "Dawg, you lookin mighty chill, how about we warm this place up with a little funk?"

Frio: "I- uh, what is funk?"

Micheal: "You know, struttin yo stuff, playin the dance floor, getting groovy with the music."

*Elene walks up and smacks Michael with a large book, "Stop with all that infuriating talk, it is illogical and redundant! Also stop trying to take my pawn!"

Frio: "But Elene I thought it sounded cool..."

Elene: "What do you know about cool? You're a snowman."

Frio: "What is funk again?"

*Facepalm

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Fangirls: *outside the window of the classroom, staring in*

Solo: "Oh good lord..."

Teacher: "Is something wrong?"

Solo: *points a thumb toward the window* "Them."

Fangirls: *muffled* "HE NOTICED US!!" *squeals and fainting*

Solo: "Please, close the blinds."

Teacher: "Are they... Okay? Do they need medical attention?"

Solo: "Yeah, I'll say. Don't worry, this happens all of the time."

Teacher: "... Right... So, as I was saying, the answer wa--"

Solo: "I have a question."

Teacher: "What is it this time."

Solo: "Are the doors locked?"

Teacher: "What does that have to do with--"

*muffled screams and pounding on the door*

Frio: *speaking from experience, as a roommate* "Lock it lock it LOCK IT!!"

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
@Khawill: Michael does seem to have that groovy beat down to a funky rythym. His funk is uncomparable, as his chill dance moves add that bit of groove to any dance floor.

EDIT: I need some more 70's lingo....TO THE INTERNET!

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
*spends too much time going through these posts, some mentioning Takumi* >.< Stuff like this will drive me away from this RP! God!

Khawill

<3
Years
Fangirls: *outside the window of the classroom, staring in*

Solo: "Oh good lord..."

Teacher: "Is something wrong?"

Solo: *points a thumb toward the window* "Them."

Fangirls: *muffled* "HE NOTICED US!!" *squeals and fainting*

Solo: "Please, close the blinds."

Teacher: "Are they... Okay? Do they need medical attention?"

Solo: "Yeah, I'll say. Don't worry, this happens all of the time."

Teacher: "... Right... So, as I was saying, the answer wa--"

Solo: "I have a question."

Teacher: "What is it this time."

Solo: "Are the doors locked?"

Teacher: "What does that have to do with--"

*muffled screams and pounding on the door*

Frio: *speaking from experience, as a roommate* "Lock it lock it LOCK IT!!"

This is soooo untrue.
Frio: "Wait are those a lot of people at once?"

Teacher: "Yes..."

Frio: "Lock it lock it lock it!"

Is it odd that for the conversation involving Frio and MJ I imagined it taking place in a bowling alley? Probably not.

As for 70s lingo, I'm your man brotha, just ask the question and receive an answer, just a little suggestion though.

"You GOTTA put a little hip into your step. And boogy like a wild cheetah!" *Foolish dancing

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Guysss c: let's leave the IC part for in the IC thread okay? This is called an OOC thread not for nothing~ CX

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
don't mean to be harsh or anything here but does anyone else find the fact that Solo lifted a werewolf in its true form and threw it across the room as a bit OP (over powered.) I mean come on, they are only meant to be able to pick up large objects for a few seconds... which isn't long enough to lob a werewolf across the room without faintin

the lycan description even states this

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
don't mean to be harsh or anything here but does anyone else find the fact that Solo lifted a werewolf in its true form and threw it across the room as a bit OP (over powered.) I mean come on, they are only meant to be able to pick up large objects for a few seconds... which isn't long enough to lob a werewolf across the room without faintin

the lycan description even states this

"I mean come on" is pretty descriptive of my reaction to this.

I feel I should go into depth as to what exactly happened, and the aftermath. (While ignoring the fact that I keep feeling victimized for various reasons)

Firstly, this fight took place outside, directly in the stands of the auditorium where the speech took place, in fact. There wasn't really a room to throw the werewolf across.

Second, he wasn't thrown. He was slowed to a stop while charging, and then simply flipped onto the ground headfirst. As for the method behind this... Imagine a spiritual plane that exists alongside our own, an invisible field of energy that surrounds us. This telekinesis could be described as a movement of energy, and with that, anything in its path. Some energy was spent to push energy against the werewolf, causing it to get nowhere. More energy was spent by sweeping the werewolf's legs, causing it to fall, head-first, to the floor.

Lastly, the power itself. I'm not sure exactly how it was written in the Race Description, but there was plenty of discussion as to how to make this power useful but within reasonable limits. The result was a self-damaging effect, in the form of mental exhaustion. The amount of power used within an amount of time determines the effects on the user. Small and simple uses of power would cause little to no exhaustion of-- Let's call it "Stamina". These small uses (such as carrying a backpack or textbook in the air instead of carrying it) cause very little stamina use, often little enough that the stamina returns after it is used. Moderate uses of power will affect stamina more, and will take at least a few minutes to recover from. Once a decent amount of stamina is used (let's say, around thirty to forty percent) the user will suffer from a headache, until the percentage falls below that point. With more stamina used, this headache will worsen, and the headache overall will last longer. At a critical point (around, eighty percent or so) the headache becomes a migraine, much more painful, as the mind is trying to warn the body that it's being overused. If stamina is fully used (to one hundred percent) the user will then faint. This is a drastic downside, as being unconscious in front of an enemy is pretty much immediate game-over, unless the enemy has, you know, a heart.

The amount of power Solo used in this fight results somewhere between seventy-five and eighty-five percent, and he is currently suffering from a migraine. The teacher tossed him an asprin (headache relieving pills) which should lower the percentage around fifty percent (meaning even after it's used, he'll have a headache for a few minutes.)

I hope this clarified some, because I feel like I've been wrongly targeted for these things too often and it's usually by misunderstanding or misreading.

Back