The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 10th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn

Advertise here
If you could back save files up onto an SD card and then load them at any time, that would enable multiple saves in a way but I'm not sure that's likely just yet.

Old January 10th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
I don't see it happening, but if it did they could easily just disable duplicating your save. The game saved to slot 1, stays in slot 1.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Breyyne
Unhatched Egg

All this worrying about save size vs game size. The 3DS does have a sd card.

As for cloning, there will always be some one out that finds a way to cheat the game. And seeing as these are coming out so soon after B/W2 and in multiple languages there is liable to have a bug or two.
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Nah, I think they'll keep it as it was in previous games. After all, if someone else wants to have their own save, then they should have their own Pokémon X or Y. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:50 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I Buy more copies of the game ONLY to have a second save file.

A USED copy of the game bought on the cheep, if possible. I did pay full price for Black and White. (six months apart)

Nintendo knows what they be doing!
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Yep, as much as we'd all love it, Nintendo rakes in the cash by only having one save file, and I can't see them changing it any time soon.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:02 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Okay let's look at this by Nintendo's point of view

If someone wants to have 3 files for Pokemon X/Y.

Pokemon X/Y with 3 save file per game = 35$ (We'll assume it's going to be 35$)
Pokemon X/Y with 1 save file per game = 105$

If someone wanted to have 3 different files and there's only one save file per game, they would have to buy 3 copies of X/Y which will be 105$. Which brings more profit for Nintendo. So I think they would keep it the way it is now.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
I doubt it. And for people complaining about multiple save files being able to clone, there are easier ways to clone Pokemon. I'm sure hackers would just use Action Replay to clone. But I highly doubt there would be multiple save files.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamako-chan View Post
I doubt it. And for people complaining about multiple save files being able to clone, there are easier ways to clone Pokemon. I'm sure hackers would just use Action Replay to clone. But I highly doubt there would be multiple save files.
True, and it would basically be almost impossible to clone Pokémon without using a hacking device, not that we know there'll be a hacking device for the Nintendo 3DS anyways. xD

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Seeing as most of the games (spin-offs included) did not allow for more than one save file, I doubt they'd do it here.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
It was confirmed that Pokemon nicknames are the reason why we don't have more than one save file. According to an interview regarding Gen 1, They had to choose between nicknames and another save file, and they decided to choose the nickname option, because they find it fun.
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
I don't think this has been made yet, but what about multiple saved files? Would this be a good idea? Or a turn for the worst?

Personally, I'd like to have at max of 2 files you can play through. So say you wanted to play through the version again, but with another starter and you don't want to delete your other file. thats when the other file comes in..

But anyway, what are your guys thoughts?
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venitardus View Post
I don't think this has been made yet, but what about multiple saved files? Would this be a good idea? Or a turn for the worst?

Personally, I'd like to have at max of 2 files you can play through. So say you wanted to play through the version again, but with another starter and you don't want to delete your other file. thats when the other file comes in..

But anyway, what are your guys thoughts?
Yup, we discussed this. I'm still against it.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 16th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

I would be more than happy with two save files available (one for my main game, and another if I want to play through again, but keep my old stuff). That being said, money would be lost if it was more convenient to share games, so I don't see it happening for X/Y, or really any other future game.
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, and I won't continue into this OT bit.

Did Orre's games (Colosseum and XD) have multiple save files?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:09 AM
alecr9
Unhatched Egg

Would love for it to happen, multiple save files=a play through with each new starter without having to delete my old save and old pokemon/transfer them over (which takes forever!). unfortunately, multiple save files=everyone trying to clone pokemon as well

Sponsored Links

Advertise here