The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 11th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I know that there is a thread that specifically speculates customizing our in-game avatar trainers, but what about our pokemon? Should our pokemon be customizable too? We've been given fashion accessories in the past generation games, but could more clothing be added? For example, in the anime, Tyson's Meowth has a hat, a scarf, and boots, even when traveling.

In gen 4 pokemon contests and in Gen 5's pokemon musicals, we've been given little trinkets to customize our pokemon, but only in brief events. Could there be an option to have those fashion accessories, as well as other pieces of clothing, be attached to our pokemon while traveling, and even in battle as well?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie

Last edited by Miss Doronjo; January 11th, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:03 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I hope not. I don't like the idea of dressing up our Pokemon, that's one of the things I miss of the Hoenn contests.
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It would be cool if you could customize your Pokemon freely so that when they battle they could wear the accessories, I could imagine battling with Froakie in a Top Hat.

Team αlpha
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
If not this, then what about being able to see the Choice Specs that your Vaporeon is holding, or whatever similar.
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:01 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I hope that they will just wear it rather than it becoming a competition, seems like a fashion show if they do that, but otherwise, yeah I think it'd be fun to see Pikachu wearing Ash's hat xD
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Although it would be a cute idea, it'd probably be a lot of coding to do, especially depending on how many articles of clothing and accessories are made. I do like the idea of being able to see your Pokemon's hold item, though. (So, like, seeing it wearing Choice Specs, seeing it attached to the Air Balloon and levitating above the ground, holding Leftovers with either a free hand or its mouth (and continue to hold it in its mouth even if it uses a mouth-based attack, ffffff), etc.)
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
No interest tbh. :( I would like what vappy suggested though, or at least have them show up when they're used! Like during the attack animation the silhouette of the item flashes in the middle of it, letting you know the item is contributing to the damage or whatever.
PM
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
That would be really nice to have, maybe they could be in whatever is entirely new to the alternative to battling. Which I'd say that there might be some area where you could be able to have a Pokémon Dress Up or something like that.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
As long as I can have a pink beret for my Fennekin, I'll be a happy goose! :)

paired to peeta
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I'd be ok with this if it didn't go overboard. Like a Pokemon in a full outfit seems a bit excessive. A hat or bow or glasses would be cool. And the hold item idea sounds interesting.

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:25 AM
alecr9
Unhatched Egg

I personally don't feel the need for it, but I also don't see the harm of adding it for the people who do want it, not like everyone would be forced to put accessories on their pokemon. however, i don't see it happening, especially with the new dynamic battle style, just seems like too much going on. maybe just in contests? Though i wouldn't mind adding a cool red scarf to my gallade haha (see picture).

Sponsored Links