The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:05 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I wonder if there will be some french text in the games? Who knows, we all might learn some french.
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Sirius
Wrong Thread.

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I wonder if there will be some french text in the games? Who knows, we all might learn some french.
It'd be cool to see some "French" speaking, but I don't want it to be the point to where you have to understand the actual language or open a translator to understand the particular person. But seeing a lot of people similar to Meister from DPPt who are from various countries, would be great, especially if they become permanent NPCs.

Old January 17th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Who knows? We might actually see some French, along with other various languages probably in a Game Freak building or something, like it was in Castelia City in the Unova region?

It would be interesting to see something like that return in Pokémon X and Y.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Went
-Omega-

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
If anything, any French references will be subtle and localizable for the French version, since the joke would be lost there. Or just not exist at all, the same way there was no English n the US-based Unova outside of the English versions.

Magma Leader Maxie wants to battle!
Crobat (Lv. 37) - Inner Focus - (Wing Attack, Bite)
Camerupt (Lv. 39) - Sheer Force - (Earthquake, Rock Slide)
November 28th / Staff Collab 2014
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:42 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

As someone mentioned a lot earlier, I wonder if Fantina is from this region?
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Hmm that's an interesting prospect, and could be possible. Also, I'd love it if there was French in the game, since I'm learning it and all, as well as being quite a widely spoken langauges, I mean c'mon, who doesn't know what bonjour means? It would be really interesting.
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:31 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

It's interesting to note that a man in the PWT questions if Lt. Surge is from Unova, so Fantina might have a connection with this region.
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Forever
let it go

All I recall is that Fantina is from Sinnoh... but nothing about her, so imma assume she's French! Nevertheless, I hope there's other people from other regions in this region, because in B/W I didn't really enjoy Cynthia, and if another Sinnoh character has a "role" in these games I will be sad :(
Old January 17th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
All I recall is that Fantina is from Sinnoh... but nothing about her, so imma assume she's French! Nevertheless, I hope there's other people from other regions in this region, because in B/W I didn't really enjoy Cynthia, and if another Sinnoh character has a "role" in these games I will be sad :(
Fantina actually came to Sinnoh before, she was never originally from there. I think it'd make a lot of sense to give her an appearance, or at the very least, a mention since the region seems to be based off of France and she did speak pieces of French in DPPt and the anime.

Cynthia seems like GameFreak's favorite character nowadays. I think they're very proud of her. Hard to say if she'll show up or not. If she does, then I hope she has deeper ties to the region more so than in Black and White. Same goes for any one who should make a cameo really, so it doesn't feel like they're just there.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:09 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

It can also be noted that Cynthia has made an appearance in every main series game since her debut. So she might appear in X/Y.
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Forever
let it go

I hope she doesn't appear, ugh. :( She was so boring and seeing her appearing AGAIN. If anyone from the last games, I'd want Alder, or Iris 'cause they were motivational and stuff :3 Plus they were interesting characters as opposed to Cynthia who is... not sticking out in my mind lmao :x
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I could see Fantina working in these games, with her French background I could see her taking some kind of role idk.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgetNinja156 View Post
One awesome thing would definitely be character customisation. If they added that my head would blow up and paint the walls with brain matter because of the immense excitement!
Ew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
*laughs at the thought of possible new brain matter wall decoration in the future* xD xD
You win three Internetz.

Quote:
I think it's based off of Europe in general, with France, or more particularly Paris (lol Paras) being one city.

Makes me think if Paras will make an appearance in these games.
Paris is one city and home to the Eiffel Tower. Many France residents will point out they live in other cities. France could very well be the region, or a body of water introduced that splits France and England.

Quote:
Blasphème! Pourquoi voudriez-vous utiliser un jeu Pokémon comme professeur de langues?

I would support Fantina appearing as having some sort of role.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 17th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sydian
there it is

Nature: Timid
Quote:
As someone mentioned a lot earlier, I wonder if Fantina is from this region?
Yeah, that's what I posted a few pages back. I think it'd be a neat connection!

As for French references, I'd get them! I've taken four years of French, lmao. I'd like to just play the game entirely in French honestly. Anyone know if the Canadien French version will be compatible with my 3DS? I know they're region locked, but if the region is still North America, it would still play right?

Also, if there are French references, I hope it's not the silly broken French that Fantina used in DPPt. I'm fine with what BW did by having people just speak entirely in French or speak in French, then say it again in English (or in whatever language the game is in). That would be neat. Just not the broken mess. A bit annoying. Like you don't see me running around here like TRES BIEN GUYS.

Play the game to change the game
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
It would be cool if she got promoted to an Elite Four member, that would be a great way to connect the games and a neat surprise. Either way She's mentioned to come from another region, speaks French in most versions, and since it's hinted that the new region is based off of France, the idea certainly plausible.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69

Last edited by Hoenn; January 17th, 2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

In the new region in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, it would actually be nice to see some old Gym Leaders making a return. Who knows? We might even see Fantina in the new region, knowing that she speaks in a few words that are French. She probably might make a cameo appearance in the game, and probably not to battle though.

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:43 AM
izaahgertsema
Suicune Leader

ahh pokemon x and y im getting the game right when it comes out.
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Forever
let it go

I'm okay with older gym leaders returning as long as they're from Unova. :3
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
If Fantina makes a cameo appearance, could that mean that Contests might return? Since, Fantina does associate with contests!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 17th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Hm... speaking of Unova Gym Leaders, I'd like to see Marlon and Roxie return to Pokémon X and Y. And maybe even the Unova Champion Iris might also make an appearence in the new region, it would be interesting to see some characters from Unova returning. :3

Old January 17th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
If Fantina makes a cameo appearance, could that mean that Contests might return? Since, Fantina does associate with contests!
This is what I'm hoping for, personally. The way I see it, it's said that she first got into contests when she came to Sinnoh. So it would be cool if this new region has finally brought their own special Pokémon Contests into Fantina's home country, and she's returned to participate in them.

And we may not be able to battle her, but instead compete in contests with her like in DPPt.
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:27 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I'm okay with older gym leaders returning as long as they're from Unova. :3
We might see Alder's son a bit older on a journey as well, who knows?
Old January 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Esper

Doesn't Fantina speak English in the original Japanese games? I think she was only made French when the games were localized because in the English version you can't have someone be foreign-sounding if they speak the same language.

She might still appear for other reasons though.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
I'm not really a huge fan of Fantina, but I wouldn't mind other past characters appearing.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Doesn't Fantina speak English in the original Japanese games? I think she was only made French when the games were localized because in the English version you can't have someone be foreign-sounding if they speak the same language.

She might still appear for other reasons though.
Oh you're right, she does speak english instead in the Japanese and French versions.

Sponsored Links