• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Bringing the world together

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Now while I'm not asking about the features that may enable you to connect around the world as that is covered, I'm instead asking about the representation of that within the games.

In Black and White there was the Unity Tower introduced, which had different levels representing the different countries that you can possibly trade with. This wasn't really used much and just seemed "there". Also within the the Unova games, you got to see people speaking other languages from other cultures, many of which were just hitch-hikers, while some were just hanging out in buildings in Castelia. Given that the games were announced to connect the games in more ways than ever before, and the fact that they're released EVERYWHERE in October, chances are that outside of features, connecting the world might be likely to happen in these games through characters, cultures and many other things.

Would you like to see the Unity Tower return? How do you think it could be enhanced, or more interesting than just what it was in Black and White? Would you like to see people speaking different languages make a return? Would you like to see cultures and locations influenced from other countries? How do you think this can be done? Do you think well-known characters within the games are likely to be from other countries? How would you feel if you got an enhanced version of the games featuring things relevant to your culture based on what country your 3DS is from? Are there any other ways that international things could come into play and really bring the world together in-game, without features to connect the games outside of the game in mind? Share your thoughts!

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
I never used Unity Tower in Unova.

I would love to see region specific features, though related more to where the game cartridge comes from, rather than the 3ds itself. I have no idea what these features could be, that's something I would have to think about.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Having Unity Tower stuck all alone on an island made it seem even more "there." :p

Seeing as I never used it very much, I wouldn't care for it to come back, however, I do enjoy it when the games incorporate the different languages and cultures into some of the NPC's and locations. They can be eggshells or small resemblances within the games, nothing blatantly in your face either.

There were some NPC's in Black and White that spoke different languages in the GameFreak building I believe. I didn't understand what some of them were saying, but I appreciated the use of different languages and recognizing that not everyone speaks the same around the world and that just like earth, the Pokémon world is filled with a variety of different people that are out there to meet.

Fantina in DPPt spoke pieces of French and said she came from "out of the country." I would like it if it turns out she happened to have come from this specific region and we'll learn more about it and her French origins. Of course, in the Japanese and French games the localizations will likely be changed.

But yes, that being said, I'd love it if a few of the important characters we meet come from outside this region and are influenced by another language and/or culture. It's always fun to see the games try and connect to the rest of the world and bring it together.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well still! it wasn't heavily advertised, in regards to Unity Tower. If it made a return I'd love for it to be advertised as the go-to place to learn about culture, maybe if people are even trying to get into it, like a evil team. Or maybe... something else! But I'd like to see it having more of a reason if it's put into these games.

Also I like the idea of things like cafe's and stuff owned by people from different cultures so we see/hear a taste of every sort of culture within the world. :3

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Having Unity Tower stuck all alone on an island made it seem even more "there." :p

Seeing as I never used it very much, I wouldn't care for it to come back, however, I do enjoy it when the games incorporate the different languages and cultures into some of the NPC's and locations. They can be eggshells or small resemblances within the games, nothing blatantly in your face either.

There were some NPC's in Black and White that spoke different languages in the GameFreak building I believe. I didn't understand what some of them were saying, but I appreciated the use of different languages and recognizing that not everyone speaks the same around the world and that just like earth, the Pokémon world is filled with a variety of different people that are out there to meet.

Fantina in DPPt spoke pieces of French and said she came from "out of the country." I would like it if it turns out she happened to have come from this specific region and we'll learn more about it and her French origins. Of course, in the Japanese and French games the localizations will likely be changed.

But yes, that being said, I'd love it if a few of the important characters we meet come from outside this region and are influenced by another language and/or culture. It's always fun to see the games try and connect to the rest of the world and bring it together.

Holy crap, it's like you're me! I was totally gonna mention Fantina and the possibility of her in this region considering it resembles France.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
It's definitely possible that it can make a return~

It'd be pretty cool if say, there was a mall that has all sorts of international goods and services, of course run by people who came from different cultures, and speak different languages. I mean, think of the variety! And the items!

There were a variety of trainers we've met in Black and White who spoke different languages. It'd be also cool if the pokeworld put more emphasis on a 'world tournament' and literally, 'invite the world' by inviting trainers with different cultures, languages, etc.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Hmm... Maybe pokemon who have a certain country-theme? Like a alternative Timburr who, instead of a piece of wood, holds a baguette :D. But maybe we could implement something like that, having pokemon be themed for a specific country.

Hmm... Maybe pokemon who have a certain country-theme? Like a alternative Timburr who, instead of a piece of wood, holds a baguette :D. But maybe we could implement something like that, having pokemon be themed for a specific country.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
The Unity Tower was a really nice area to go to in the Unova region, where you had different levels that represent the different countries. But what if... it was an entirely new kind of place in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y?

We could have something even better than the Unity Tower itself, not only would there be different people from all over the world speaking in different languages, but it would really be nice to see different cultures and also... being able to see interactivity, chat, battling, trading, and what if you could be able to do 3D drawings with each other as well?

That would be really interesting to see, maybe Game Freak might have even better things that I don't even know about? xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

idk about an alternative Timburr but maybe just new Pokemon that are created to represent different countries, or even a Pokemon that is a flag. XD;

If they did bring back Unity Tower, it'd have to have some sort of purpose. Maybe instead of making a certain amount of trades to get a Master Ball, it could be that you have to unlock a certain amount of floors, idk.

I like the idea of the latter, it makes it a lot harder and makes it more likely that the world is ~connected~ more than before.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Since they have mentioned that the games will connect to people all over the world in many different ways, this could mean that there could be something even better than a Unity Tower, like Unity Palace or something like that. Where it can connect to Nintendo Network and somewhat work like how Join Avenue did in Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2. It would be interesting if something like that happened.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm so I was just thinking about how the 7 Sages were in Black and White, and how they represented intelligence from over the world. What came to mind first was the Illuminati, then the world leaders, more specifically. Would you like it if in order to bring the world closer together, if world leaders (both in Pokemon - with someone specifically created for that role, and real) came together and played a role in these games? Or would that be going too far?? I think it could certainly be interesting if they did...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, so, World Leaders like the World leaders IRL? That would pretty cool to see, though, I do wonder what sort of role they would play. Perhaps they can play a part of International battle tournaments, and be "special spectators"? Or maybe something that has to do with more International connectivity like, trading goods of some sort?

D Dog master of war

In the heart of battle!
Years
we need it if u log on too wi-if online players like u well pop up...outside of the wi-if clun but into the world with u,and u can chat with people u do not know and make friends(without friend codes,but with FR'S...like XBL And PNS and WiiUconnect24)Now it well be more like a online adventure

Last edited:
Back