The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
So far, we've had a bit of a rise battling non-Pokémon creatures, especially in games such as Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (with Glacial Body) and Super Pokémon Rumble (with Dark Rust).

We've also battled non-Pokémon creatures in Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 at PokéStar Studios, but they are only made as films.

Do you think there will be some battles that involve non-Pokémon creatures in Pokémon X and Y? Discuss your thoughts about if there will be battles involving non-Pokémon creatures, if you think there are going to be any... what would you like to see in Pokémon X and Y as a non-Pokémon creature that you battle?

Technically, I would like to see some mechanical structure that attacks you, in which is controlled by the evil team in the game, and you get to battle it and defeat it like a normal Pokémon would do, somewhat like in the anime.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 13th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Yeah, this would be pretty cool outside of PokeStar Studios. I'd like to see this used in these games. The evil team machine thing is a pretty good idea, like a robotic version of some Pokemon, maybe a legendary. When you defeat it, they decide to go get the actual legendary.
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:39 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

I would definitely like to see this happen, it would add more variety

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:06 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
To be honest, I really don't think this is a good idea.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Little Big Planet 3

☆ Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Shovel Knight

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
This is what I was thinking about when predicting the story for the evil team. You could be facing the admins themselves, who are infused with Pokemon DNA to make themselves super humans whether it's their abilties or their phyiscal appearance.
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Since Black 2 and White 2 introduced this idea, I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible, but I do find it unlikely. Only if it's like 1 giant mecha or something. I wouldn't want the games filled with non-Pokemon enemies.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:15 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
At first glance I was thinking negatively of the idea but once you mentioned the idea of fighting a villain's mech or some monster that's not considered a pokemon I warmed up to it.

It'd be an interesting concept.
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:28 AM
MantisboyN

Kind of like the giant mechanical Kabutops in the Island of Giant Pokemon?
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
It's possible~ I mean, how many times have pokemon battled mechas in the anime? In Pokemon XD we almost got to battle a mecha too.. except we might of been like, "omg we get to battle a robot groudon?!" but he's all like, "NO! You will battle my minion, Sunflora!!" So yeah, I think it'll be a cool idea that during the story line, we get to battle some sort of mecha or something!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Vehks

We could have Pokemon fight ordinary animals! It would be a little one-sided, but entertaining none the less.
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I kind of have a mixed opinion on this, if it's non-Pokemon creatures then I don't want to fight machines. If it isn't machines then it's probably going to be monsters and then it would just be the same as Pokemon except you can't catch them. There's just no way to please me with this idea unless they bring like meta-humans, actually weren't the Shadow Triad meta-humans but still chose to fight with their Pokemon at the end of the game?

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
I kind of have a mixed opinion on this, if it's non-Pokemon creatures then I don't want to fight machines. If it isn't machines then it's probably going to be monsters and then it would just be the same as Pokemon except you can't catch them. There's just no way to please me with this idea unless they bring like meta-humans, actually weren't the Shadow Triad meta-humans but still chose to fight with their Pokemon at the end of the game?
No, they were Ninjas, very good ones.

Personally I don't mind if it's mechas or monsters, as long as it's something.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Vehks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
No, they were Ninjas, very good ones.

Personally I don't mind if it's mechas or monsters, as long as it's something.
Pokemon are already monsters... It's in the name. Pocket monster.
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
I would never like to see this. Ever.

If I want to fight something other than Pokemon, I play another RPG. I play the Pokemon games to fight other Pokemon, not to fight random miscellaneous things.

Also, I have to sort of agree with Wings Don't Cry and say that there really isn't anything to fight other than Pokemon. Fighting machines and humans with Pokemon does not only seem extremely silly, but it also sounds boring (in my opinion! Maybe most people disagree). And fighting some non-human living being is basically fighting a Pokemon you are not able to obtain yourself, and that'd be pointless in a Pokemon game, really.

Some people might disagree, and that's fine! If Gamefreak does end up making a game like this, and people like it, good for them. It's just not something I would ever buy.
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:07 PM
audinowho
我是谁?

Pokestar studios was interesting. I'm all for something like that for real.

Either that or just something that is uncatchable and overpowered to give the player a boss-like challenge that a regular pokemon wouldn't typically give. The former part has at least been done with Ghost Marowak and Black/White Kyurem.

Old January 15th, 2013, 09:35 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
If it is anything, I hope it isn't like a boss battle, however, it would be nice if you could use any attack outside of battle just for fun, I doubt you could burn down a city anyway xD
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikakitten View Post
If it is anything, I hope it isn't like a boss battle, however, it would be nice if you could use any attack outside of battle just for fun, I doubt you could burn down a city anyway xD
I kind of hope in a way that if there is any non-Pokémon battles, that would indeed be a really powerful boss of some kind.

'Cause seeing as some spin off games had that same sort of feeling, what if it's some huge creature that the evil team has made and ends up going berserk and no longer under their control, and that it actually can talk as well. Then you have to save the evil team and the entire world while it has both Xernias and Yveltal inside it.

It would be really interesting to see something really epic and feeling like as if it's a final boss in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. xD

I kind of have taken the concept from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:34 PM
DTep
Arcanine4evar

I don't like this idea either, i think if GameFreak started to take Pokemon in this direction in actual game play it would start to look like other rpgs and completely turn me off from the series. I mean especially if you started to battle other monsters that aren't Pokemon, it would become eerily similar to Dragon Quest Monsters Joker and other games like that. Pokemon should stay Pokemon. It may not be the most popular opinion, i just don't want to see my beloved franchise get derailed.
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:37 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't really like the idea. To be honest, I didn't like it in the PokéStar Studios and I doubt I'd like it anywhere else.
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Forever
let it go

Don't want this at all unless it's like in PokeStar, like in B2/W2. But still, I'd rather keep the battling to Pokemon. Maybe animals in-game but honestly I'm not a fan of it being non-Pokemon creatures when it comes to battling because it'll just look like something that PETA put together (ya you know, that Unova parody, p interesting but still not great quality lmao).
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vehks View Post
We could have Pokemon fight ordinary animals! It would be a little one-sided, but entertaining none the less.
If it helps, Gastly eats elephants. We'll never see that.

I wouldn't exactly want to do a Rock Smash in a Battle Scene though. I'd rather be whacking Black Kyurem than something completely unexpected and unanticipated - leave that to a side quest and keep the challenges to actual Pokémon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links